I dare you to name a fanbase that has been fucked over harder than RO bros

I dare you to name a fanbase that has been fucked over harder than RO bros.

>Modern game shat up to an unrecognizable state.
>Soulful sequel got canned.
>Soulless sequel came out.
>Has possible the worst spiritual successor of all time.
>Literally DOZENS of P2W phonegame.
>No remake/remaster/sequel on the horizon.
>Private servers getting C&Ds after 20 years and are forced to shut down.

It's pain.

Attached: 1648122265797.png (1301x788, 458.65K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zGOAex5mSgw
youtube.com/watch?v=fT-8OhzKEas
youtu.be/2DuvYC3zENI
youtube.com/watch?v=PKkYT5-zDXw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

sounds like the exact same thing that happened to GunZ, except private servers are allowed to exist

the game was doomed with cashshoop from the very beginning

We come into this world to suffer, moments of happiness are few and fleeting.

youtube.com/watch?v=zGOAex5mSgw

Attached: defe1e36d2c01fbfb5cb4be2b9405d52.jpg (500x559, 37.88K)

Warcraft 3

Is it good? The only .Hack experience i have was an episode aired on tv, switched to the channel right when a character said she was going AFK and stood frozen still and then the others discussed how you get frozen when you AFK

It's a depressing and slow early 2000s anime but it has a lot of soul if you're really into the "spirit" of MMOs and user interactions. The soundtrack is fantastic.

You had to be there when it aired.

Is there any chance this will be good?
youtube.com/watch?v=fT-8OhzKEas

Attached: Wah.gif (54x49, 2.18K)

It's been coming "soon" for like 5 years.

They seem to be working on it based on the forum updates. I never played RO2, so I don't know if there's anything to redeem there.

This version of RO2 is good, there used to be a private server scene back in the day however the scope of the game is very limited as all the content is basically just a beta test version from before the project got shut down in favor of RO2: WoW Edition.

Everytime I see a RO thread I get so fucking nostalgic.

My first experience with an MMO, I miss the friends I met there, I even met some of them offline. But I lost contact with all of them.

No game will make me feel the same.
I can't play RO nowadays because the community is SO different. Internet changed a lot over the years. and the same thing happened with MMO communities.

Even if the communities and the people had stayed the same, I still wouldn't be able to play because I don't have time nowadays to play RO.

That's why I want to go back.

Attached: xatiyaro ragnarok.png (1280x1024, 3.29M)

Maplestory

Of course not, this isn't what RO "2" is or was supposed to be. That's just a corruption of the first game. They put it into 3D without understanding what made the first game good.

Tree of Savior is a much more faithful re-imagining of what a sequel to RO would be like, despite all its flaws.

Holy shit, mate. This has to be one of the fucking worst opinions I've heard in my 15 years here.

They it made 3D to compete with WoW like all the shitty MMOs at the time and it crashed and burned because it was awful.

ToS is the spiritual successor of RO, I don't see how you can even deny this. It's not an "opinion".

Holy shit, you fucking retard. There were two RO2 attempts. This is the first one, which never came out.

I know. This is Gate of the World, the one with the Yoko Kanno OST. Both this and RO2 are trash, all 3D RO games are.

How the fuck could you possibly think that ToS is closer to RO than GotW?

>mexican server
nothing of value was lost

It's a spanish server, nigger.
It's been around since 2006. it probably has more soul than whatever server you ever played.

Attached: file.png (1024x768, 1.11M)

Are you the guy that ate the shit salad?

I have no idea what you're talking about

It's sad the game whose engine Ragnarok Online used was the last single-player blockbuster RPG in South Korea. Since RO's success, it's been nothing but online games.

Attached: falcom14.jpg (640x480, 67.56K)

LMAO

its you

I literally don't know what you are talking about, post about it since now I'm curious.

It’s over man.. just be happy we still have the memories

youtu.be/2DuvYC3zENI

Attached: 122964CF-3C43-499A-90CC-D2DDD9EAD237.gif (112x112, 168.48K)

>hang out with friends in payon while im programming
>help newbies outside payon dungeon with my HP
>ERP inside one of the payon rooms with my ""8"" year old "GF" when i was 12.
I miss RO

youtube.com/watch?v=PKkYT5-zDXw