How do I not get murdered by PvPers?

How do I not get murdered by PvPers?

Attached: Sea_of_Thieves_cover_art.jpg (1440x2160, 224.44K)

git gud

Don't play until they release solo/private servers. Stop rewarding them for fostering a toxic community.

Kill them or run.

murder them first or outmaneuver them

Acquire proficiency

I usually try to avoid conflict, but why would anyone want to play on a 100% peaceful server? It sounds boring.

agreed but I can't understand those people who will pursue you for a goddamn hour while you run

chasing someone who refuses to engage for a prolonged period is the opposite of fun.

Because muh kill count

it's simple, really.

There's an inborn idea that, if the other player escapes, they've 'won' and you've 'lost', and an autistic refusal to let that happen

Attached: 4b3.png (640x512, 163.84K)

Yeah, I can't see myself chasing anyone for that long. At that point I'd rather look for a different boat or switch servers.

Looking up how damage in the game works did wonders for me. Each weapon is pretty unique and situational. As far as ship combat, I'd recommend Order of Souls fleet missions to get canon practice. Learning to aim really only comes with time and experience. Beyond that, learn what works best against certain ships. Chainshot to the mast then circling is a death sentence for sloops, but for a galleon you're gonna want to pepper their second deck and hit them with a ballast ball. Play Reaper and go on the hunt. There's always gonna be players that are just leagues above everyone else, but I'd say most players are just ok at it. Just gotta engage.

>cartoony pirate game with 40 hours of tall tales and 100s of hours of collectibles
>who the fuck wants to do all that without some neckbeard screaming "nigger" in my kids ears and bucket spawning?
Gamers really are incels aren't they

Attached: 1635365142907.jpg (367x451, 36.02K)

I play Reaper a lot because the player interaction side is the only thing that keeps me playing the game, but I will say if a ship runs more than two islands or so I can rule out that they aren't re-supplying and don't chase after that. People that would rather flee for an hour than fight and move on clearly aren't interested in a fun fight, I let em go.

play in the off hours or just keep an eye out for anyone that wants to start trouble

But if I do that, I wanna make my ship look good at first so I can take them out in style.

Get good.

Just accept thats what happens, that or red sea the loot

Redditor.

it's a shame that an otherwise comfy game about sailing the high seas is also plagued by utter faggots

There's hardly any risk involved if you're doing all those things in a pacifist server. At that point you're just killing bland ass enemies, doing fetch quests, and lame puzzles.

Always hold on to the first tall tale for a pirates life, have it saved to the point where you go through the archway portal near outposts. It will let you server hop.
Activate it, jump through the portal and then cancel the tale to go back to the game. Just be aware you will lose your loot

pvp is the best part of the game, solving puzzles for children isnt entertaining for very long

>pirate game with THIEVES in the title
>butthurt that people want to fight
lol

If I have Tall Tale 4, will Jack actually help me do shit?

The thrill of the hunt

Always carry some explosive barrels, if they’re dumb enough to chase directly behind you just throw one off the back of your ship

>pvp is the best part of the game
not for very long. the only good tim i've ever had in pvp was outsmarting some no life faggot and forcing his anchor to drop.
see above. nobody likes being ganked

Have you ever been on their subreddit? They all think the same way you do.

Sea of Thieves is a really unique game, as it allows people to roleplay their true selves: a violent and aggressive opportunist with no filter. It is the perfect magnet for humans of average or lower intelligence.

Think he just fucks around on your boat and will only help at the story area

I've only played like 4 hours of the game, but the penalty for getting beaten by other players doesn't seem that bad. I end up losing like 100 gold worth of treasure and maybe the food and ammo I got from exploring. The only thing that bugs me is that every ship I end up encountering ends up being hostile and nobody wants to be friends. Is there an actual hub island somewhere where I can meet other plays on land instead of at sea?

>thief in the title
>that means I can act like a nigger!
sea of niggers is for niggers

Attached: 1639895034427.jpg (717x880, 130.72K)

>tfw get to enjoy sea of thieves knowing there are faggots who still want pve servers
>crush everyone with the hopes that its one of them
>yesterday dunked someone doing tall tales

take what ya can

Biggest issue with the PVP is there is nothing stopping these autists.
You flee, they follow for hours
You wreck their shit in? Wait 5 minutes and they're back harrasing you.
You are forced to play with them like they are your retarded little brother and there is zero repercussions to them doing this.

getting ganked and blasting their shit is some of the best times Ive had in this game, think for yourself and you can win even when outnumbered or caught off guard