BEST CRPG

I badly wanna play a good CRPG but I have burned myself in the past with shit worlds. What's your favorite game with an amazing world that let's your make an edgy character with many classic races. I'm not talking about some gay elemental or reptilian shit. Please, help me out bros.

Attached: The-10-Best-CRPGs.jpg (1710x900, 355.02K)

DoS1 is my favorite CRPG.
DoS2 is pretty good but I like the protagonists and the story of the first game better.
Pathfinder Kingmaker is ridiculously good when it comes to roleplaying because it gives you like 9999 dialogue options but I didn't like the story or characters that much and it gets pretty boring as the game goes on.

Even thogh Wrath of the Righteous is full of tranny and feminist shit, the writing when it comes to Areelu and the protagonist is 10/10 so the game gets good after the third chapter ends. Plus it's satisfying getting the true ending after all the shit everyone else puts you through

I'm playing Tyranny right now for the first time and i'm not impressed, specially when i was told it was the "how evil can you be RPG!" but I barely have any chances to be evil and despite my character being ridiculously lawful neutral I always find myself doing good things since being selfish makes zero sense.

DIsco Elysium and Baldur's Gate are garbage. Never tried Pillars or Iceborn or whatever that name is called.

Attached: Tyranny64 2022-06-14 17-19-27-81.jpg (1920x1080, 230.37K)

Thanks for sharing user, I appreciate your input.
I thought about getting into Tyranny but now I don't know.
I kinda wanna dust off Neverwinter Knights 2

Pillar of Eternity is decent for a newer CRPG, lots LOTS of customization for builds. I haven't tried the 2nd one yet because i heard its pozzed, but ive also heard the character class customization is more advanced (theres a multi class element).

>I thought about getting into Tyranny but now I don't know.

I always get shilled to get into CRPGs only to find out everything I was told about them is lies, I don't think it hasn't happened to me with a single CRPG.
I was sold by Tyranny because I saw a pic of the protag having to kill a baby so i thought "oh woah this game is like super evil brah i have to play it finally i'm gonna have an evil rpg protag!".

But nop. Most of the time you have just two dialogue options
1. Stare silently
2. Bow and kneel and kiss boots
And when you actually CAN do evil corrupt things they go against everything your character should stand for because you're meant to be a cop enforcing the law of the Overlord and it makes zero sense to kill the Overlord subjects when the very first law is "Never kill anyone, only the Overlord can take lives!".

So despite playing a super Overlord shill that doesn't care about anything that's not the law or rules or justice I find myself always being ridiculously good and merciful because you can't even kill without feeling out of character.

Attached: Tyranny64 2022-06-14 17-25-48-56.jpg (1920x1080, 192.38K)

Divine Divinity

Disco Elysium is not even comparable with the rest of the genreshit infesting the genre and video games in general.

sell me on Disco Elysuim, i get the impression that it's just reddit cringe

Disco Elysium is so much better than just a CRPG.

This is the biggest issue with Tyranny. Mechanics and function matter nothing at all because the game was sold on the premise 'You are the villain, the villains have won, evil is the norm'. The entire premise of the game then becomes 'how do I do morally grey things' or 'go full on cartoon villainy' with most endings leading to you overthrowing the villain or otherwise fighting against him once its revealed you are the chosen one, again. They ruined the entire focus of the story by pussying out over letting you do actual evil things, leading to the most neutered experience thematically you'll ever have, and thus the game is worth neither your time nor money.

D:OS and D:OS2 are fantastic. KingMaker im slowly working through and im ok with it. Tyranny was a fun quick run through, especially if you dont know what you are doing or what to expect. A replay is less entertaining.

How the fuck is Disco Elysium a CRPG?
There's not even any combat, it's a VN.

imagine someone made a VN out of a tolstoy or dostoevsky novel but the writing wasnt as good. its kind of like planescape but in some shitty european hellhole where everyone is on drugs and obsessed with politics

Don't buy the shilling. I also got lied into playing it because "Bro bro it's totally a noir detective game with RPG elements bro your choices totally matter and your type of harry is super important!".

Boom
The game's detective plot is secondary because the devs put all the effort into political commentary full of commie propaganda
The dialogue options are irrelevant and never lead to new quests or new anything really, at best you can end quests in two ways like letting a little girl go inside her home or freeze outside
Picking between facism, communism, centrism and ultraliberalism is irrelevant it changes nothing and characters react all the same
> Harry: REEE WE NEED TO KILL THE RICH/THEPOOR/THE WOMEN/OPTION D!
> NPC: Isn't that too much? Anyway back to the topic at hand

The game just one ending tied to the detective case which you can't fuck up, or change, or imprison the wrong person and the plot twist is the most puke inducing game ever.

THe ending is also extremely anticlimatic and sequel bait.

Now, not everything about it is bad, some characters are pretty neat, I liked how Klaasje and Cuno were written, the Inside Out rip off of having Harry be a schizo was interesting, and the soundtrack is 10/10, it's a pretty comfy game when it's not bashing your head with "commies are all victims and flawed humans, but facists? FACISTS ARE ALL EVIL TRUMP SUPPORTERS REEE I HOPE ALL FACISTS DIE ALSO IF YOU PICK HARRY FACIST YOU DIE!!!".

Also you should try Expedition Vikings, it's super comfy and has good roleplaying. Combat is boring tho.

Attached: Harry Du Bois.jpg (2214x3072, 722.74K)

>you can't fuck up, or change, or imprison the wrong person
This was my biggest gripe with the game. With all the talk of making the game unique, and you're type of harry being super important I thought it would also change my perception of who the killer is through different runs with a different skillset. Instead the game just railroads you into the true killer at the end despite whatever progress you actually made in the case. Is it too hard to ask for a good detective game where poor investigation can lead to an innocent being charged?

>to ask for a good detective game where poor investigation can lead to an innocent being charged?

Sadly only game we have that let's you do that is L.A. Noire and it isn't even an RPG.
But yeah I was beyond pissed off by it too, and the funny thing is it wouldn't have bothered me if they hadn't pulled a pretentious "Ha! you thought the butler did it and that the killer was around you all along, BUT NO! The character was someone we didn't even introduce until the very ending! how'd you like that plottwist, F*****T!?".

No one, EVER EVER EVER should write a murder mystery if the killer is not even gonna be introduced until the end. Fucking Minecraft Story Mode made a better murder mystery than Disco Elysium.

Attached: MinecraftStoryMode 2017-08-03 23-46-57-88.jpg (1920x1080, 139.08K)

>NWN2
Might be good, especially playing main campaign and continue on with Mask of The Betrayer.

don't play hong kong, dragonfall is infinitely better

Just fucking play Disco Elysium and don't ask what retards here think. This board is full of retards and pseuds. Literally everyone I know that's an actual person (not an imageboard post) loves it.

>every character is fleshed out
>big emphasis on worldbuilding
>novel take on skills as semi-party members
>depth in character build without metagaming
>one of the most immersive roleplaying games ever
Buy it, pirate it, I don't care, but play it.

Imagine being so filtered that after playing it you STILL think the game is a murder mystery

Dragon Age 2

> Leftypol trannies shaking in anger

ZzzZZzzz

You will never be a woman
Communism will never work
Kill yourself.

What did OP do to you user? Did he kill your family?