Is still just as fun as it was 20 years ago and hasn't aged a day

>is still just as fun as it was 20 years ago and hasn't aged a day
how did they do it?

Attached: Vice-city-cover.jpg (256x325, 71.09K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bbSR872-dOc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

nostalgia is a hell of a drug.
It's not a bad game but it's certainly not as revolutionary now, it feels a bit like a sandbox with how small it is

nah, I can't touch a singe ps1 game nowadays even though I grew up with them but vice city just doesn't get old for me

It's still an arcade game, same with SA. IV is where everything turned to shit. IV is the most boring fucking game on the planet to replay because it's hours and hours of driving from A to B listening to dialogue and maybe shooting a pistol. In VC you're blowing up a building with a remote control helicopter within the hour

personally i'll rather play ps1 games than ps2 games. funny how that works

mission designs suck, game is surprisingly buggy and the world is very small and uninteresting.

The map was just as big as it needed to be, best radio in the series, everything is bright and colorful, every character was memorable and had a great voice, and it's the only GTA to actually let you rise to the top of the criminal empire and work for yourself, letting you buy property and do missions in any order you like.

Attached: flash.jpg (1280x720, 128.91K)

III > VC

youtube.com/watch?v=bbSR872-dOc

Attached: 1636982975039.png (1920x1200, 1.61M)

Game dosent even hold up to San Andreas. It was literally designed as DLC for 3 which has aged a lot. Op is nostalgia blind.

Nah, San Andreas gameplay is just a primitive version of what IV and V did, so it has the most aged gameplay out of any GTA.
At least VC and III have unique gameplay by comparison.

>At least VC and III have unique gameplay by comparison.
They play like SA but worse.

>hasn't aged a day.
It doesn't even have right stick camera control in the original ps2 version.

Attached: 1653418734075.jpg (640x365, 76.11K)

I enjoyed VC more than SA and I think it is because the amount of content was just right for me. It didn't feel like too much nor was it too limited.

well, VC might, but not III. there's nothing good about III. there's are only 2 missions that try something different (that isn't racing, drive to point and kill, etc) and they're near the very end of the game. Boats exist in III but you'd never know it because they only appear in 1 mission near the finale

It's peak gaming. Perfect atmosphere. Great music. Great story. Fantastic game.

I 100%'d 3, VC, and San Andreas. Hated how 3 didn't have a map.

>hasn't aged a day
It does have aged. Especially the mission design and the AI. However its as fun as it still was back then

The controls are fluid, the gameplay is straight forward but gives you room to do side activities, and despite the low poly count it still looks pretty.

80% of the map is almost unplayable due to hostile gangs

This nigger wasn’t even born when PS2 versions were released

>funny
>legendary soundtrack (especially original PS2 version)
>simple but fun missions
>enjoyable racing sections
>crazy sandbox moments
>map size just right
Obviously I'm wearing nostalgia goggles but it's still objectively a fun game. I completed it again when I was at chilling at work on my phone an it was fun. Only mobile game I've ever played for more 10mins.
Obviously it's dated but you can't go wrong with a simple driving/shooting game with that soundtrack and satisfying squishing of pedestrians.

I love Vice City, I just wish you could swim, I'd fuck around more on boats if you could

>In VC you're blowing up a building with a remote control helicopter within the hour
And? that was one of the worsts parts of the game. IV was the GTA the series needed because it trimmed off the fat and focused on the strengths of the series instead of the gimmick

it has characters with personality.
the cars are stylish.