Great games that were commercial failures

This game had SOUL
Did anyone else here play Red Steel 2? It was my favorite game on the Wii and I never see anyone talk about it.

Attached: 91VAQhuDmcS._SY445_.jpg (318x445, 41K)

I really wanted to play this but no Wii also the one with the motorcycle guy.

It was way better than the first game, and the design for the mc was great

Loved that game, i only played through it once, but i remember the special abilities being very fun to use

It was kino user, like having an arcade game on the wii. Cell shaded graphics still look good today

Probably one of the best sequels ever in comparison to its predecessor. I remember being so disappointed when I bought RS1 after beating RS2

Fuck I forgot how much I loved this game. Ubi needs to remaster this or make a sequel for VR. It'll likely never happen but goddamn I would love to play this game again

I'm not sure why but I got bored of it quickly, but I appreciated that it used the Wii's controls so well.

Another game by Ubisoft that I never see mentioned that I enjoy is Tenchu: Shadow Assassins

Attached: full_4713636AmericaFrontccc.jpg (400x568, 164.1K)

I did it was really good and the controls worked surprisingly well.
Wish more games were made in this weird western-japanese aesthetic

Red Steel 2's sin was being named Red Steel 2
The first game was shit and flopped, why did they think naming it after it when it otherwise has nothing to do with the first was a good idea?

Attached: 1655158213312.png (495x507, 162.98K)

it came out only on the wii no wonder it failed. Loved the game, considering my parents bought it for me without asking im constantly amazed at their taste in games.

the game wouldn't be the same on another platform without the motion controls, and there are plenty of wii exclusive games that did just fine. What killed this game was calling it "Red Steel" after how dogshit the first game was and the fact that it required WiiMotion plus, which was necessary for the controls to be as good as they were but also meant that the amount of potential buyers was significantly lower.

Yeah Red Steel 2 was about the worst thing they could've titled this game. Not only does it associate it with the awful reputation of the first game, but adding "2" also implies that playing the first game is required to understand this one. Add in the fact that it required WiiMotion+ and it really seemed like they were trying to isolate as many potential buyers as they could.

Excellent game and almost legitimised the Wii on its own.

The first Red Steel was so bad that it ruined the reputation of every Wii FPS (other than Metroid Prime 3) despite the fact that wiimote and nunchuck is a better imput method for FPS games than standard controllers. No matter how good this game was it was bound to fail because their target demographic didn't take the Wii seriously.

the tommy gun and sword were so fucking good with the wii motion

I unironically liked the first game. I thought it was a pretty decent shooter with some neat mechanics but got bogged down with the unresponsive sword fights.

Attached: Red Steel group surrender.webm (876x540, 2.73M)

1st game was cool concepts with ATROCIOUS execution.
literally nobody wants to play an FPS that struggles to maintain even 24 frames per second Perfect Dark with N-bombs doesn't count

Red steel 2, endless ocean 2, mario galaxy 1 and animal crossing let's go to the city are the holy trinity of switch games.

By the time RS2 arrived, all the young adult gamerfaggots had all (perhaps rightfully) written the Wii off as a faggy gimmick children's console. There's probably a handful of examples like this and Madworld that were good and cool games which got overlooked because of the Wii's public perception. All that gay shit being said, I only played red steel 1

Not just a handful, but a veritable mountain of quality games. Pretty much every great non-Nintendo game on Wii is automatically considered a hidden gem because of how hard so-called "gamers" ignore the platform as a whole.