Resident Evil 7 Patch

How the fuck did a 50 GB update make the game look actively worse?

What the shit are the fucking monkeys at Capcom even doing???

Pic is before

Attached: wizR4WU[1].jpg (3840x2160, 1.08M)

And this is after

Attached: how.jpg (750x472, 28.86K)

And now with Raytracing™

Attached: sc3vz32[1].jpg (3840x2160, 1.14M)

Finally realistic light, fuck zoomer's darkness

Before

Attached: 9m90VbG[1].jpg (3840x2160, 1.27M)

raytracing is such a meme

after

Looking real 'realistic' in this one faggot

Attached: Ff3CIRt[1].jpg (3840x2160, 1.18M)

Kek what fuck happened

Seems like every time they add it to a game post it's actively a downgrade. So yea, pretty much.

No, bad devs are.

That's not Resident Evil 7

seriously this looks like shit and can not believe it's real, peak sovl vs sovless

nah he's right i just went into steam and it's for re2, and re7 i'm wondering if i can just launch it through something like mo2

MUH SOUL MUH SOULLESS. DUDE HAVE SEX HOLY SHIT

>not ray-traced reflections
yikes

Depends if the dev cares or not.
The Metro devs gave a shit and Exodus now looks a lot better
This however is a shitty update by an incompetent and tasteless team and the result are obvious
Did they at least fix the horribly buggy SSR in RE2? According to these pics it's not even active anymore.

The main issue is that they will only use it to make games look more "realistic". Less artistic vision, more bland realism bullshit This shit is killing games since a few years.

Even worse. It forces windows 10 compatibility and devs just told you to get fucked if you don't meet the new minimum requirements. Why on earth would they not just put the pre-patch it in a beta branch? Or better yet. Steam can stop forcing fucking updates on me and let me roll them back like GOG.

Attached: file.png (829x664, 324.4K)

Hahahahaha

Get fucked PC faggot.

premarital sex is haram

k

Is this even legal? They brick the product.

i'm not sure if its a improvement over OH DARK PLACES ARE SCARY!

piratefags win again

Attached: 1424063191253.jpg (143x161, 6.89K)

At least it's no longer artificially dark, as it is now forced to emulate how light works.
Still, the Demake /RE-engine games looked like trash from the get-go. They just tried to hide their lazy shit with burned-out darkness and piles of filters.

Reminder that DX11 support and thus support for Windows 7 and 8 was also killed, system requirements essentially doubled, and there is no "Beta" versions to dial back on like with every other Steam game.

Attached: re2_2019_02_07_22_38_34_741.jpg (1920x1080, 476.91K)

>supporting crapcum
>after 2005
you get what you deserve

Can't PC users just switch it off?
This seems like a console problem.

Isn't that a thing you can opt out of? Like, just don't use RT and the game will use the baked lighting instead?
Otherwise, is it possible to revert to an older version?

Bro RT doesn't affect artstyle at all, any games will benefit from more accurate lightning. Minecraft is still Minecraft art wise even with RT (custom shaders&textures will destroy the artstyle, but not the RT itself which can work on vanilla shaders and textures)

This is fucking nuREmakes, the series ruined by ""realistic"" looking goblinas and snoyboys cosplaying classic characters, the concept of interesting artstyles is far from nuCRAPCOM's priorities. Better lightning and accurate reflexion on the other hand is universally good

Attached: 1647437893228.png (300x168, 111.63K)

I can turn it off on my ps5 just fine and enable high frame rate mode. Consolefags win again.

>Otherwise, is it possible to revert to an older version?
No, unless you pirated the games (like I did, because fuck nu-Crapcum).

Lol use the SS from shit steam forum.

Attached: 1652553926719.gif (640x640, 3.06M)

>high framerate mode on consoles
Haha
>Implying my pirated PC installs will magically get an update
I supposed Steamfags get fucked, if anything.