If you played this game and thought it was just a generic TPS with clunky controls you're not even a zoomer...

If you played this game and thought it was just a generic TPS with clunky controls you're not even a zoomer, you're just a fucking retard. It's legitimately one of the most tightly designed games ever made and if you don't like it then just turn in that gamers license because holy shit it is unironically over for you.

Attached: 1321323452432.jpg (295x374, 52.21K)

Babies first tps

you are not good at re4 unless you have beaten it without upgrading your health, without upgrading your attaché case, not upgraded you reload speed and only upgraded your guns to a realistic magazine capacity. if you never did a playthrough without doing all of these things you are not good at re4.

those controls haven't aged well at all, thankfully it's being remade

Zoom zooms lack patience AND willpower to master new play styles.

it's not even a TPS, it's "panic horror".

No, YOU have not finished RE4 before you beat the game using only Knife.

There's literally nothing wrong with the controls.
Don't admit your skill issues out loud.

Attached: RE4 parasite knife1.webm (960x540, 2.61M)

nice bait, thx for the bump

From a technical point of view, how hard would it be to develop a splitscreen co-op mod for re4? what would the limitations and the changes required to the engine/source code/enemi ai be?

Attached: ss_da21858ecd1aea41e0439ed7aeea2d02020bff891920x1080_jpg_800x0_crop_upscale_q85.jpg (800x445, 117.96K)

Literally impossible without getting access to the original dev files (that may not even exist no more), or without some turbo-autistic HEX editing that would take years.

>it's not even a TPS, it's "panic horror".

This, calling RE4 a TPS is like calling Metroid Prime and FPS; it may be technically true, but it completely undermines what the game is actually like. The controls in RE4 are perfect because it was enemy encounters feel tense as fuck, it is not scary in the traditional sense but it's incredible at getting your blood pumping and that's clearly what they were going for.

someone made a (broken) online multiplayer mod basically by "Streaming" the ram of one pc to another, if i understood correctly. if that's possible, shouldn't splitscreen be much easier?

i cannot wait for the remake, finally this shit will be playable and up to par with modern standards

hd project mod took 7 years though, this game has been out since 2004 and is one of the most popular games ever made and people still haven't reverse engineered the hex code? i mean, austist spend thousands of hours on speedruns. you would think they'd have passed this milestone too.

RE4 will probably get decompiled one day like Mario 64 and OOT, but it's gonna take a long-ass time.

> "Panic horror" because you get tense having to shoot people with slow controls

Wow, revolutionary!

nice bait
i rate
8 out of 8

Attached: 1627853644590.gif (210x196, 3.35M)

The fact that you can't move and shoot means it isn't a "generic TPS". A filter, then, is realizing why that's actually not a bad thing in context because that entails acknowledging what RE4 actually is - a horror game that attacks the player with sheer pressure.

>> "Panic horror" because you get tense having to shoot people with slow controls

Yes. Dark Souls wouldn't be tense if you could juggle enemies in the air like DMC, glad we agree.

is anyone else excited for the remake?

A horror game with no sense of threat whatsoever. Where the protagonist quips while doing karate kicks an supplexes.

That thing is just a bad hybrid.

>going this far to defend shit controls
I bet you also jerk off how TIGHTLY designed God Hand is or how kojima being a genius to allow to move and shoot at the same time in first person only in mgs 4 and V?
Fuck off retard

If they make it a bit slower and more horror based because the original is already a mastered blend of action and horror, then sure. Even then, not excited enough to buy into next gen just for it. But I do hope it tries a little to be its own thing, we don't need a carbon copy of the original.

>"panic horror
What the FUCK did they mean by this? What kind of ESL fuckery am I trying to decipher here?

Panic horror is the polar opposite of moody atmospheric slowborn soihorror.

There's definitely a sense of threat if you aren't playing NG+ for the umpteenth time. This is also true of every Resident Evil game, not just 4.

>buy into next gen just for it
so you're not already vested ??

God Hand controls great because it's basically RE4 but you punch stuff and there's nothing wrong with MGS2 and 3's controls outside of the the pressure sensitive stuff.

Fuck no, there's no games I give a damn about. RE4make might be the first one.