If you had one in early 2000s then fuck you for being rich / having rich parents

if you had one in early 2000s then fuck you for being rich / having rich parents

Attached: 91rHLnOwrhL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1036, 150.97K)

lol?

I got one at a bargain bin so idk what that makes me

when that was? how far from release day we're talking here?

yeah this shit was too rich for me. I only had the game boy color. Thank god for visual boy advance

My parents bought both me and my sister one. And then they bought us both GBA SDs

very soon after, it was discounted by quite a bit for some reason

I was the kid who the teachers had to tell to stop bringing toys to school because all the shitty street urchins got jealous, fuck poorfags.

Attached: 1321421.png (466x512, 123.52K)

>I only had the game boy color.
IDK user, thats still kinda rich

Looking back on those days, the kids that had a desktop and console + handheld or a 2nd console were way better off than I realized.
Fuck I even feel privileged just for getting 1 of the consoles near launch each gen.

i had one and i was far from rich

My friends called me rich for having a ps3 as a teen

Wasn’t it like $130 at launch?

I had the SP :^)

>being rich
Nah my dad worked his ass off to get me one on launch. First console I owned brand new, everything before was pure luck of family friends gifting us old shit that they didn't want.

based opinion.

>3 consoles
They were freaking loaded

>Step-brother got one first with SMB and a month later the gamecube with Metroid Prime
>i finally got my own, but it was actually my brothers GBA but with Ice Age, he kept the SMB cartridge
>eventually traded it to another kid for some Yu Gi Oh cards, which eventually led me to a tournament, won and got a GBA SP as prize.

Fuck rich parents, but its worst when youre the "poor" child of the family

gba msrp was 99 bucks in 2001 which adjusted for inflation is about 130 bucks. i spend about that much to fill up a tank of gas so even when it came out it was a very modestly priced handheld console.

>If you had a birthday/christmas present waiting for you all year, you must be rich
nigger this and Super Mario Bros. Advance (Mario fucking 2) were all I had for months.

Attached: 1643440336097.png (615x598, 81.62K)

>if you had one in early 2000s then fuck you for being rich / having rich parents
it was fucking $99 at launch? what the hell am i reading

>user, why aren't you playing your brand new games console?

it was sold at 100 bucks OP that not exactly rich not even rich in early 2000s

It was cheap as shit, now if you had more than a couple games you were rich. I only had GBC games and the Bionicle GBA game.

I can warp to Wart no problem. Even fought Mecha Birdo, I eventually got Sonic Advance and then I traded my Venom toy for Kirby Nightmare in Dreamland on the bus home.

I was a kid when I bought mine....it was less than 80 bucks at an EB. It had to be one of the most least expensive handhelds ever made.
Sonic advance only cost 20 bucks at a target. Same with Circle of the Moon at EB

You are a retard and I hate you.

I got one but we were not rich. When everyone else had a PS2 or Gamecube I had a Sega Genesis and GBA.

lmao I was poor as fuck and had one

>I traded my Venom toy for Kirby Nightmare in Dreamland
based

Even I could afford one and we were poor.
Funny thought though that even though the SP was already out, I STILL wanted a regular Advance because it looked cooler.

>be me
>8 year old poorfag
>my friend at school says "hey user, you want this GameBoy Advance SP? i don't want it anymore. i've only got Pokemon Emerald tho"
>jump at the chance
>he gives it to me and I take my time playing it
>next week in school, teacher has an announcement
>"class, recently [other kid]'s gamingboy handheld went missing from their schoolbag - his mother is very distressed and all we ask is that it's returned to him as soon as possible if anyone here has it"
>ask the friend who gave it to me wtf
>"don't be ridiculous user, it's just a coincidence"
>believe him of course bc too stupid to know that confidently lying is thing
>finish the game
>talk to other kid who had his console took
>"hey [other kid], i'm real sorry your console got stolen but good news, i got this one for free and i want you to have it so you don't have to be upset"
>he looks at me with pure hate in his eyes
>talk to my friend later and mentioned what happened
>teaches me two new words - fucking retard

Same, but I thought that for more autistic reasons at the time.

Attached: png-clipart-digimon-adventure-digivices-hq-base-blue-and-white-digimon-device-illustration.png (900x654, 41.1K)

damn dude, dont feel bad about that, you were a really good kid to have done something like that. much better than i was thats for sure

My family was barely scraping by and my family had both a regular Advance and an SP