The Catalyst

Attached: HorseArmorElven.png (1634x1048, 3.29M)

There was literally nothing wrong with this. You just had to vote with your wallet.

Attached: 430px-Mannconomy_update.jpg (430x289, 55.13K)

>That April Fools where they doubled the price of horse armor as a joke and they actually saw a big spike in sales

Gamers are retards who deserve what they get.

>just vote with your wallet

I did, I pirated the whole thing back when it came out.

>only get to vote negative once
>can vote positive multiple times
vote with your wallet with a zero cost thing like that is gay, bad press and review bombers are superior

Zoomers act like this was the beginning, in reality you could buy Soda's/Pizzas which had codes long before this.
Oblivion Horse Armor was the equivalent of being able to directly buy a Collectors edition tier cosmetic reward, a feature today no one bats and eye over when it comes to optional purchases.

voting will your wallet doesnt work when theres a million other uninformed retards who will gladly take your place. All it accomplishes is reinforcing the idea in the companies mind that you're not worth the effort. After all, why go through the trouble of pleasing one person, when you can do less work and get more?

implying voting means anything in this age of social engineering

A lot of people don't know that Gears of War 2 is responsible for the concept of season passes.

I hate this mode of thinking assuming everyone is acting as a rational or principled consumer. You're dumber than people who bought the horse armor

I bought the laugh taunt and some cosmetics back in the day. Never again, I will now stand strong against their jewish tactics.

how much money did that DLC make anyway?

Attached: horsearmorthreadsevered.jpg (1634x1048, 1.78M)

250 xbox gamer points but iirc you could only buy them 500 at a time for 5$.

There's a lot of silly things in Oblivion yet for some reason this is the one that stands out the most

There's only one catalyst for MTX and it's pic related.

Attached: co2olh[1].jpg (528x282, 35.93K)

do we have stats on how many sales it made?

Weren't these supposed to be free but MS didn't allow it?

I remember EGM bitching about this.

and that's why democracy is inherently bad :)

Battlehorn Castle became free later on.

fucking retarded motherless whore

It was mortal kombat 9. Thanks Ed Boon.

Basically correct, nobody is obligated to give you anything and you are not obligated to purchase anything. If a bunch of idiots are willing to pay for horse armor/gacha/gambling/whores/clothing/drugs/whatever, it's none of anyone else's business. The entire controversy is pure entitlement from spoiled gamers.

as of 2018 it was in the top 3 DLC sales for all Bethesda games.

Sounds like a personal problem. As long as they don't have my money I don't care what other morons spend their dollars on.

And your way of thinking is why the industry has devolved into what it is today. Guess it's just a personal problem though.

Sure, but think about what that says about the concept of voting as a whole.

I want to believe this but it doesn't even matter when companies target addictive whales

Nah, it was just that it became more feasible for companies to run a DLC-based model because of technological improvements.

You think Nintendo wouldn't have had Tetris DLC for Gameboy if it was possible? Dream on.

Companies like the "vote with your wallet" meme because implicit in it is telling people not to publicly criticize shit

LA Noires season pass predates MK9s by like a month.

Attached: latest[1].jpg (640x360, 162.46K)

Nobody gives a shit about faggot sports games.

I can't control what other people do with their money, only me. So if other people contribute to the problem, that's not my fault, nor my problem.

>Companies like it when you don't buy their products
Retard logic

Attached: 1655035546-1556013235-idiot12.png (704x528, 67.91K)

The people who finance games cared when they saw EA's numbers for that year

>hurrr
They already know you're not going to buy it. They don't want you to convince other people not to buy it.

>"entitled gamers" meme when game consumers are the easiest to shekel and have virtually no standards
you better be getting paid for this I swear to God

Attached: 1025323.jpg (640x480, 37.86K)

No dude you don't understand, it was everyone else that bought it, not me, voting with your wallet doesn't work so I might as well buy it anyway (which I didn't btw)

>he doesn't know that FUT accounted for quite literally ~35% of EAs yearly revenue in 2010 which was the catalyst for the entire fucking industry shifting to MTX.
The entire industry changed as a result of faggot sports games.