The eternal debate

Previously I thought that KOTOR 2 is superior but after replaying both of them recently, I'm not so sure anymore. KOTOR 1 just seems more consistent and polished (even with TSLRCM) to me than 2 does.

Attached: kotor 12.jpg (480x360, 42.93K)

The original KOTOR has a more streamlined and hopefull story. It's also brighter and more diverse in locations. It feels more like an epic journey than 2 does.

2 is a more enjoyable "game" though.

Kreia is cool for the first time, but after the 20th playthrough, I don't care about this nagging grandma anymore dude. KOTOR 1 is a better chill adventure story

KOTOR 2 doesn’t even feel like a star wars game to me. Everything seems like a weird fan mod.

KOTOR 1 is prime Bioware writing, as perfectly safe and by-the-numbers as it gets. That's a double-edged blade, it's a pretty comfy adventure but it's as predictable as it gets, not counting the twist.
KOTOR 2 is a lot more mature but incomplete, so you get the taste of something that could have been much better, held back by time constraints. The story is much darker though, no comfy anywhere, every place is shit and ruined and while you can improve things as you go, there's no comfy in it.
As a game, KOTOR 2 expanded on everything 1 presented and that tips the balance for me.

i wish the first game didnt feel the need to have such a big twist. it makes for shitty replays

gameplay wise kotor 2 levels are trash, poorly paced while kotor 1 are stupidly simple but functional

Kotor 1: Main hub(few quest givers, some shops and minigame NPCS)------> branches out to 2 to 4 dungeon areas. Every world is like this and it works. You learn about the dungeon before hand and can prepare( get ready for the spooky underground lab/ancient tomb/tusken raider stronghold)

Kotor 2: Each planet is diffrent and FLOWS differently. Narshadda has points of no return and never stops throwing enemies. Dantooine is your kotor 1 style remix. Onderoon is split and is a mix, and Korriban is fucking dead with no shops.

Kotor 1 works, Kotor 2 is fine but the long amounts of boring fights in Onderoon part 2 and Narshadda are boring. The fighting the waves of duros with your teammates or the stupid catwalk fight during the civil war on onderoon are bad.

Attached: 1629839295850.jpg (1440x1715, 122.73K)

I never liked that you can only play as a human. I want to be a cool alien.

What is it like on Switch?

bought both games on GOG (they were dirt cheap), but i've never seen any star wars movie, show nor have played any game. Do you guys think I can still enjoy these games?.

I replayed 2 recently, it's just too empty.

More so

KOTOR 2 is an uglier game than the first, which is a problem because the first is already a bit ugly. You notice that the shiny effect for droids and some metal surfaces in KOTOR 1 is absent in the sequel for some reason, and some of the sequel's environments are laughably primitive.

Personally, I thought the story in KOTOR 2 was muddled, murky, and shit overall, but I accept that others could enjoy it.

Attached: what N64 game is this.jpg (640x480, 30.55K)

2 has a much better start bar none. 1 expects you to be amazed simply because it's a star wars space story and has no hook. 2 gives you a reason to care for the story because it's actually mysterious and interesting and doesn't jump right into the action

star wars vidya are the only good thing about the franchise

Playing 1 right now as my first playthrough and youtube spoiled the game for me when i was looking for a combat tutorial. Fucking bullshit.

The setting is the only common thing Kotor has with Star Wars. And for the better

KOTOR1 is superior.

>2 has a much better start bar none.

Locked in a drab mining facility with shitty "puzzles" so that the game can withhold its entertaining parts for as long as possible - this was not a good start and it has been viewed negatively since the game released. You are either a contrarian or a faggot fanboy who believes that Obsidian can do no wrong.

>2 has a much better start bar none
100% agree, the first playthrough at least...
On subsequent ones it physically pains me to be stuck in the tutorial zone that long.

2 is just a half-assed mess. it's also too dark. only the first is enjoyable imho, the 2nd is just too much crap overall and not even finished.

>kotor
>polished
You've hit your head OP.

I haven't heard what other people think and I don't particularly care but the intro mission in 2 is a great one. It properly teaches you the mechanics and gives you a hook and a reason to care for the story. It's immediately more engaging due to the intrigue and the mystery of what's happening as opposed to 1s ship battle where the hook is just the spectacle, which isn't enough

>I had fun the first time but played them again years later and changed my mind
onions

How much better when 2 have been if they had the extra 6 months they needed to actually finish it

Attached: bastila.jpg (868x822, 135.89K)