What was your initial reaction to this back in 2001?

Attached: raikou.png (160x144, 3.07K)

I threw one of the 99 master balls in my bag at it and then stuffed it in the pc and never looked at it again.

I saw that it was higher level than my level 35 Croconaw and since I wanted my starter to be my highest level Pokemon I ran away.
After I leveled it past 40 I spent like an hour trying to find it in the same patch of grass I first found it before realizing it had moved.

>why's this asshole's face look so fucked up

Quit playing when ash turned his hat backwards.

What the?
>Raikou outspeeds and runs away

Why were Gen 2 sprites so good?

Attached: 243DB2F5-953C-43BF-8DDE-E09AD8E6DFEC.png (675x1200, 825.66K)

They had a very aesthetic palette.

Raikou and Entei were fugly in gen 2.

Attached: dogs.png (320x288, 5.46K)

Soul.

how do you even catch it without master ball?

they still are

looks fine, dork

Put it to sleep, chip it until it's low. Damage stays on it even if it runs away. Fast balls are also good.

Crystal is peak soul

Attached: crystal.png (1120x728, 154.41K)

Never got him. I played Crystal, so I caught Suicune, Ho-oh, and Lugia with a million ultra balls, used my master ball on Entei because I liked him a lot in that pokemon movie, and was content with the fact that I'd never get Raikou, which was okay because he had a dumb face and annoyed me.

>how do you even catch it without master ball?
I swear there was some strategy with wrap or bind that kept them from running away

smeagle with mean look, false swipe spores and softboiled

cool cat :)

I was playing my old copy of FireRed a few years ago for nostalgia and finally caught Suicune. After almost 20 fucking years

Oh shit I'm underleveled. Must run away...

Shock followed quickly but sheer disappointment as it ran
I forget, did Mean Look stop their fleeing? I remember distinctly trying to get a Crobat set to trap them.

Attached: flapjack-captain-knuckles.gif (640x488, 1.4M)