So now that the dust has well and truly settled, can we all agree that Cata was easily one of the top 3 periods of WoW?

so now that the dust has well and truly settled, can we all agree that Cata was easily one of the top 3 periods of WoW?

Attached: wowcataclysm-1650051388335[1].jpg (1024x1024, 259.35K)

The shitty world revamp and literally every other quest being a le funnay meemee that has aged like shit makes it one of the worst.
Don't get me started on the nerfed heroics and dragonsoul.

>the 3rd expansion is one of the top 3 expansions

dragon soul was good if you were progressing through it on hard mode.

Pretty much only the fist raid tier was good. Firelands and everything after sucked.

I really liked BWD and playing a fire mage in cata. Our guild’s hunter had a mental breakdown being responsible for hitting the gongs on atramedes, so I got to do it.

fire mage was fun as fuck in cata
nothing will top shadow priests in 4.3 though.

huge misunderstanding of the kind of overhaul people wanted

you just hit the gong when it's called...

holy paladin on cata release doing heroics and pvp was the most fun i ever had on wow easily.

Yeah but at least I got to do something other than mindlessly dps

He had retarded anxiety attacks over having to hit the gongs and quit the guild lmfao. Dude is probably a tranny now.

dps moment

Hunter has been the dedicated mechanics monkey since vanilla, and especially after MoP when they got perfect mobility. Siegecrafter conveyer belt will never leave my mind.

Attached: 1392063783919.jpg (1018x728, 359.31K)

I wonder if they ever planned to revisit the old world a second time. Remember, it's been 12 years with these zones, versus only 6 years from Classic to WOTLK. Compared to Classic, timeless zones are a dime a dozen, while the rest of them feel incredibly dated in the time they came out in (I think Azshara is the worst offender)

they straight up dont have the ability to do it, they can no longer put out that much content within their release cycles.

Firelands is the best raid in WoW I have ever done.

Play on Apollo 3 (alliance side), it's free, let's get ready for Cata Classic, your raids are waiting!

Attached: 11.jpg (1920x1200, 696.77K)

I don't have a lot of good things to say about Cata, but despite the boring art direction Firelands was a pretty solid raid and makes my Top 5. I missed raiding the next tier (Dragon Soul?) but was juggling 6 characters and 7 specs PvPing because it was actually a lot of fun. I don't know what specifically made it fun, it just "felt" really good in a way PvP hadn't in a while. Also Garrosh was cool before he was character assassinated in MoP.

Attached: garrian.jpg (800x1068, 203.47K)

Attached: WoWScrnShot_031922_150455.jpg (1920x1200, 551.52K)

Engage in autism battles with other creatures of Azeroth!

Attached: WoWScrnShot_032222_185145.jpg (1920x1200, 410K)

It had no fucking content, iirc the only one as bad as WoD on that front
New capitals fucking sucked
Not all new zones were bad really but meh
General changes to classes were mostly ass

The raids in WoD were pretty good (BRF is in my top 3) but so few guilds survived the transition to 20m. I know they had to streamline raid difficulty, but this killed so many "casual but still decent" raid groups.

Whatever little content poured out during WoD were nearly all great, including the zones but everything else was a disaster man.

Cataclysm sucked, it got more and more a single player game that only revealed that it is more and more just not for me. It was like God was telling the devs hey, wake up, wow isn’t an action RPG which would make it an actual fun single player rpg. But they kept trying to make it one without working on that. So we went to dark souls 3. Now there is only crickets.