Is New Vegas on the PS3 really that bad? My buddy is willing to give me his for $10 and I might buy it

Is New Vegas on the PS3 really that bad? My buddy is willing to give me his for $10 and I might buy it.

Attached: ps3-microwave-3.jpg (362x479, 15.51K)

>Someone destroyed a BC PS3 for le art

SAVE ME SONYMAN

why not just add custom firmware and add the game to your harddrive for free?

New Vegas is rough as hell on literally every platform. Hell, I wouldn't even recommend it on PC without a few mods/patches for stability's sake. But yes, to answer your question, it's pretty shit. New Vegas literally bricked my friend's system one time when it crashed. Even ignoring that kind of freak incident, the crashes are insane, performance sucks, bugs are rampant, it's just a mess.

Obviously you wouldn't be asking if it was an option, but if you want to play NV, play it on PC. Seriously, use that 10 bucks for something else if that's the choice here.

PS3s are worth nothing anyways
no one really values a playstation anyways

I own the version with all the DLC as well as I've played the normal version extensively. It's extremely unstable and in the start of the game, it kept freezing like every 15 minutes, but those stopped after the tutorial, pretty much. With the DLCs, I've not managed to finish or even get half way through any of them, because they also freeze at some point and it's impossible to get any further.

OH GOD MY PS3 HAS BEEN POSESSED
SAVE ME NIGGERMAN
SAAAVE MEEEE

It's not the cost, it's the fact that the game has a TON of bugs which you obviously can't mod out on PS3. If you want to sink dozens of hours in, only to have your save irretrievably corrupted go right ahead. Otherwise, just get the PC version on Steam with all the DLC and install a few simple mods. You can also setup Viva New Vegas which literally holds your hand through the entire setup process and you'll end up with a game that runs much better and crashes way less frequently.

Don't. All it does is crash,not worth it at all

Judging by the camera quality that probably was the only kind of PS3 available whenever it was made.

I got the platinum trophy back in the day and I don't remember any major issue.

This. Out of three playthroughs, I only had one where I was able to make it through the entire game without having to revert to a previous save on PS3. The only way to enjoy this game is on PC, with mods like the RAM patch, stutter remover, crash remover, etc.

The load times on PS3 are also pretty abysmal and only get worse the longer you play the game.

I'm pretty sure its an AI generated image

THE LOATHSOME DISC EATER

kek

Oh no, just imagine the amount of video games he could've played with it!

COME TO THE THRIFT SHOP. I'LL DEFILE YOU NEXT.

I think just writing it off as nebulous "bugs" isn't quite right. There's one core issue that most lasting problems with a vanilla version stem from, and that's that Bethesda's save system for this version of the engine was a fucking cooked cunt.

>YOU CAN ALL STOP LOOKING NOW!

It'd be a crime if it were a PS1 or PS2 but anything after that is worthless garbage.

100%

This is a good point. I think the "fix", if I remember correctly, was to not repeatedly save over the same file over and over. You had to either delete the old save then save, or just create a new save each time. This issue still persists on the PC version, as far as I know.

>zoomie cares about a shitty ps3
We're unironically in the age where shitty consoles still commercially used not even a decade ago are considered priceless relics to some people who probably grew up around them. The absolute state.

Build a $50 PC out of junk parts and pirate new vegas, that's a more financially sound proposition

My button for l2 does not work. Not worth it.