The sanctity of this board has been fouled

The sanctity of this board has been fouled

Attached: Diablo.jpg (640x480, 86.17K)

Still the best game of the franchise, so atmospheric and the only one that is fun in single player.

only diablo game i enjoyed

the other Diablo 1 thread is still up. did some vtuber make a video about this game recently?

It really is. Its so satisfying I guess because its such an example of sword and sorcery dungeon crawling at its simplest. 2 made a lot of improvements but the levels were so much worse and heavily lost the dungeon feel. 3 is a solid action game these days but barely in the same genre.

Atmosphere only gets you so far, fool. After 3 hours the game is stale

No? I just like the game, and the other thread isn't really about Diablo specifically. Believe it or not, more then one person can talk about a game at the same time without being influenced to by some internet personality.

those of you who don't play D2 give away yourselves too easily

Nope, because it gets better the deeper you get.

고향 을 떠난지
어느덧 이 년 이 지났 구나.
하지만 이렇게 황폐 하게 변 하다니.

Attached: sddefault[1].jpg (640x480, 95.72K)

I've played D2 LoD for hundreds of hours and it was fun, but only in multiplayer, playing solo was boring as fuck and the areas are way too big.

not at all

This. They introduce fresh stuff all the time. There's so many neat quests, bosses, monsters, loot, skills and spells, and when each zone is starting to get old, you move on to catacombs and caves, then hell. Plus you can just play as a different class

Is there a "best way" to play this? Like using glide with D2, for example.

GOG with Beelzebub

Strange that this thread pops up, I only just pirated the game last night after failing to get diablo 2 working. Glad I gave it a go, had lots of fun but found it easy at first killing skeletons and red things, then went down to lvl one and was raped by a tall redish deer looking thing. Holds up surprisingly well, can't wait to go back at it later.

maybe, but it's still a braindead shitty game with bad gameplay and zero replay value

this basically. the gameplay lacks depth, the encounters are all the same (95% of enemies just walk towards you to melee), and it's too easy. there's only 4 levels really too, since everything is the same within the biomes

Ignore the other faggot suggesting a game altering mod for a first time playthrough

user, play it with DevilutionX. It's just a newer engine and all it does is add widescreen and higher resolution support. It doesn't fuck with the gameplay itself like the Beelzebub.

Mobile phone + PS1 emu + controller with a phone holder. Movement with a left stick gives much better control over the character, it is helpful on lower levels when chasing succubi. I've finished it with pure (no magic) fighter and with a rouge this way.

i played 1 2 and 3.
2>3>1
but still it's a shit franchise.

nta but I like 1 better than 2 as well. I liked the potion belt and gold not being in inventory in 2 like it was in 1, although throwing gold piles on the ground was funny. But the level design does it in for me. D1 you explore and expand one area making it very familiar and its creepy as you descend a church into catacombs then dungeons then hell as each step down slowly changes it to something more horrifying.

D2 I didn't care for the desert (didn't like when 3 copied it either), the jungle had annoying enemies, and that underground part was fucking annoying for half the builds so I didn't like most of the levels. The mechanics were improved and the multiplayer better, but the design made it a worse game to me. Also felt like the loot balance was off and far harder to get things that made sense to your class at a level that made sense for where you were. If MP and slow progress with it was what someone likes I can see why they would pick D2 but I never would.