Persona 5 Vanilla

Is there any reason to play vanilla Persona 5?
I bought it on PS3 years ago and was planning on playing it sometime soon, but now P5 Royal is coming to PC.
Besides new content, the only changes I know of is some dialogue involving gay people got changed and the voice actor for the nurse got changed too. What else?

Attached: persona5.jpg (612x612, 81.45K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pushsquare.com/guides/persona-5-royal-changes-all-differences-compared-to-persona-5
youtu.be/wxPWA43dXp4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

royal is the same game with more content.

I've only played vanilla P5, so I'm pretty excited for royal. I'll be able to spot all the changes and stuff.

I feel like Royal assumes you played Vanilla already. Otherwise the entire Akechi arc, which is arguably the best part of Royal, doesn't have the same impact.

Apparently Royale is slightly easier. I'm hovering in this thread because I'm in the same boat. Would love to know a quantitative list of changes.

it has faggots in it like literal homosexuals? dropped

royal is literally 90% the same game
no reason to put another 80+ hours just to experience a dungeon and new dialogue

They're in two scenes just as joke like in any other japanese game. That's actually the reason why twitter was assblasted.

Attached: ZCU45Ik.png (588x427, 493.69K)

pushsquare.com/guides/persona-5-royal-changes-all-differences-compared-to-persona-5

vanilla has a better battle theme music

>P5 PC port
RPCS3 FAGS ON SUICIDE WATCH

Attached: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.jpg (1280x720, 108.5K)

They cried about the gay jokes in Persona 4 too.

Why would they be on suicide watch?
It's coming to PC, it's not stuck on some shitty console anymore.

>slightly
Baton Pass is buffed beyond recognition. Bullets completely refill after every battle. Traits act as an additional passive which can do things like drastically reduce SP cost or greatly increase Charge/Concentrate damage. New accessories also allow an additional skill to be equipped.

Atlus sent out cease and desist letters after the announcement. Thanks for the quality assurance information, suckers.

Vanilla P4 is way better than the abomination that is Golden but Royal is superior to Vanilla P5 in every way. Royal's only issue is that from the beginning of the game you have lvl 100 personas because Fatlus are retarded. Never use them or you'll ruin the experience. They are too powerful and have retarded broken abilities.

One of the boss fights is way harder it's built around baton passing and if you fail to kill all the enemies in 2 turns they respawn

If you intend to play the game only once you should play Royal, the only real downside to playing Royal is it's too easy, but P5 itself is too easy as well even if it's arguably a bit harder than Royal. Aside from that Royal is an improvement with some of the best stuff in the game being exclusive to Royal.

what beef do you have with rpcs3? it's not like its a dogshit emulator like pcsx2

I like vanilla version better. Royal overloads you with overpowered abillities and persona, vanilla you only get OP powers at the very end from maxing out social links.

Also don't like the new ending and how it integrates into the game immediately after the vanilla final boss. Think the original version was much better paced end for the game.

Literally no reason, P5R is for once the superior way to play the game

Vanilla p5 is notably harder than Royal is on the hardest difficulty. Aside from that Royal is better.

Which one, bros?
youtu.be/wxPWA43dXp4
I personally prefer the old VA

>you can do a speedrun glitch easier
>you don’t own persona 5 royale
>you hate p5r
That’s about it

I don't like Royal as much because they barely changed the ending and Kasumi, the literal reason why Royal exists in the first place, completely ignores your ass at the end.

Attached: 114065b5.png (1800x900, 1.52M)

Hey user, I only played Golden and I'm genuinely curious. Can you elaborate as to why to (You) or Any Forums in general is on this stance? What's different?

>NA voice
enjoy your 50 year old smoker.

Not really, Royal is much easier but it's not a hard game anyway.

The main downside of Royal was having to replay 90% of the game (which is basically the same) to see the 10% of stuff that's new so you'll get to skip that.

>it's not like its a dogshit emulator like pcsx2
Bro are you retarded? Rpcs3 is an emulator still in its infancy that can hardly play any games without issues. Pcsx2 is leaps and bounds ahead to Rpcs3.

The hardest difficulty is easier because you can do more damage but you get rekt if you aren’t a high enough level

It's mostly the same. a few more characters intertwined to the original story and a new chapter at the end.
Ammo and bullets work a bit different, as you get one bullet per battle, but you don't need to refill outside of the metaverse.(they really need to call it something else in P6)

Also Ryujis confidant skills make it possible to cheese the grinding in royal, so that you can easily overlevel if you want to. not needed, but if you can't control yourself to not minmax, it is significantly easier.

I'd still recommend playing royal if you can though. the new chapter and characters make it worth it imo.

I play in Japanese because im not a subhuman nigger like you.

P5's intro is 100% better, P5R is 10000% easier.

If you're going to play it through to completion wait for Royal as both are 100+ hours time investment and Royal has some really handy QoL improvements, like the more generous down shot mechanic and the auto kill in Mementos which is a massive grind saver.

Royal adds like 30-50 hours of new shit, but slightly more of it simplifies the mechanics from 5 whereas all the rest is additional content that isn't in the original. If you're unemployed then I do recommend playing 5 first over summer before Royal - but I don't insist on it because ultimately all you really see different is a few bosses made easier, a few bosses made harder and you'll be a bit surprised at how much gameplay was refined vs how many cutscenes are still insanely long.
Regardless of version, Persona 5 is one of the best in its entire genre and the presentation is a huge factor in this, which isn't affected by which version you play. If you've never played a Megami Tensei game before either then you'll be really impressed by the battle system, which also doesn't fundamentally change depending on the version.