Anybody played trepang2 demo? Thoughts?

Anybody played trepang2 demo? Thoughts?
I thought it'd be F E.A.R. successor but it was kinda underwhelming. Too little ammo, I cant choose guns stratigically or even just the onea I like using because Im forced to pick up whatever garbage is on the floor atm. This especially feels bad when I swap double shotguns for a pistol.
Things that look like they can be climbed, cannot be climbed.
Every time you walk through a body, it sounds like somebody shitting right in my ear.
Most missions feels like just clearing endless waves who get you low so you have to hide behind a wall while hype metal music is playing which just makes it feel lame.
What did yall think about it?

Attached: Screenshot_20220614-085118_Google.jpg (1079x462, 216.19K)

>Too little ammo, I cant choose guns stratigically or even just the onea I like using because Im forced to pick up whatever garbage is on the floor atm
it was like that in the og fear as well

By the sounds of it you're just describing FEAR so.. mission accomplished?

I do not remember that being an issue in FEAR when I played it when it first came out nor when I replayed it a year ago so perhaps there are mechanics in FEAR that compensate for that. I dont remember ever running through a sea of empty guns and looking at the floor while being gunned at.

Not even close. Did you even play FEAR?

Level destruction is trash compared to FEAR that came out 2 decades ago

Looks pretty meh overall. It could've been a novelty 10 years ago but the market is saturated with retro shooters now.

cheat engine will fix all flaws

Name 5

Did you play on the maximum difficulty? Ammo was very scarce for weapons that weren't the pistol or smg

Not him
but
>Ion Fury
>Dusk
>Amid Evil
>Wrath
>Hedon
>Citadel
>Ultrakill

I played both on hard

I dont see a connection. Trepang is not a retro shooter

It was marketed as a FEAR spiritual successor

FEAR isn't a retro shooter

Good combat, bad level design. I'll skip this one.

It's certainly from that age before the AAA boom.

Fair point

if you don't like trepang, give the selaco demo a shot
It's become one of my most anticipated releases now, and the higher difficulties don't fuck around. The only thing it doesn't have is a bullet time mode, but honestly, it doesn't need it

It's very much a post half-life game, retro shooters are games like DOOM and Quake.

Fear was last boomer shooter. (Before current trend). Every newer fps don't have the right feel.

They are gonna add a lot more destruction.

Attached: Screenshot_20220614-100246_YouTube.jpg (1036x632, 179.33K)

This game looks fucking sick. But then again, that's what I thought about trepang before playing the demo. Imma check it out tho