Average game journalist covering Starfield

Attached: PCGamer.png (1920x1479, 1.2M)

The journalist is right though
Starfield looks like generic dreck that is being hyped up because it’s exclusive

>even normalfags are hating it
Sounds good.

>The journalist is right though
they literally wrote incorrect information about the game, they didn't even do the bare minimum research

>that is being hyped up because it’s another generic bethesda rpg
ftfy

>games 20 years ago gave you 30 page long biographies of every enemy in their name, but now they're just "pirate"!

Reminder that Journos hate bethesda for blacklisting almost every single one of them.

A generic bethesda rpg shits all over 90% of AAA games, so yeah.

do NOT believe his lies

This journalist sounds like he has good standards what's his name
Why did they blacklist everyone?

>This journalist sounds like he has good standards what's his name
good standards? they literally didn't even research what they were writing about

>EvEn ThE NoRmIeZ hAtE iT
snoy cope

Attached: 435343.png (901x773, 612.68K)

>Why did they blacklist everyone?
Can't remember, there was a tweet by pete hines iirc about their relationship with journos but I don't seem to have it saved. Maybe another user has it. It made several journo publications seethe.

>Even gaming journalists are tired of Todd's BS

Attached: 1637352688296.jpg (584x860, 63.23K)

Stop fucking defending Starfield

This. There's no way those 1000 planets are gonna be interesting. By the time I heard it, just remembered pic related.
Which one? By that pic (only thing I saw), I'd only complain about his complaint of the "Pirate" thing - could be they're just covering up the plot, for now.

Attached: you'll shit....jpg (455x455, 43.24K)

WHY WOULD I TRUST A VIDEO GAME JOURNALIST OVER TODD HOWARD?
HAHAHAHAHA

Stop fucking defending bad journalism

When other's can compete with Bethesda even just a little bit, I will.

Yea let's keep pretending Startfield won't sell millions and get 20000 remasters while normies and journalists suck it off later

>Why did they blacklist everyone?
Journalists too greedy for clicks spilling the beans early to get a step ahead of the competition despite NDAs telling them when they could print. Basically, journalists can't be trusted not to leak shit they sign contracts saying they won't leak.

you are being traitors to the cause

that's not journalism, that's a hit piece.

He's right though. Probably the only smart thing I've ever seen PC Gamer publish.

We must protect Todd and the non-static sandbox rpg at all cost. Lest we be doomed to a world of shitty JRPG's, perish the thought

>Which one? By that pic (only thing I saw), I'd only complain about his complaint of the "Pirate" thing - could be they're just covering up the plot, for now.
yes, he calls them "dudes to shoot". you can join them, do quests for them, etc. he didn't do any research, just wrote his speculation as fact

FALLOUT 3 IN SPACE CONFIRMED

THANSK TODD
THE GREATEST EXPLORATION EVER MADE WITHOUT A SINGLE RAILRAOD

Attached: WQEwerWQEW.png (1709x2174, 3.75M)

haven't really seen anyone giving it overwhelming praise
personally i think it looks like complete shit outside of being a comfy base building game, but we'll see

The game journalist isn't trying to sell you anything

>a TMZ esque hit piece is smart journalism because it's on my side

>He's right though. Probably the only smart thing I've ever seen PC Gamer publish
they posted an article which contradicts a fact about the game. that's good to you?

For once, they're actually saying what we're all feeling. Beth games are what they are, and every time they try to "evolve" themselves, more of the soul of their previous games is stripped out in favor of graphical fidelity. In their effort to be as impressive as possible, they forget that they have to make their game actually fun.

>hit piece
where's the hit piece? he's talking about the game, not any person.
what fact is contradicted?

this I don't get why you people even care about this shit you know what will happen later

Attached: 1536251083852.png (907x599, 450K)

Because they print bullshit libel, leak things shown in confidence and are paid off by the publishers anyway.

Bethesda deserves to be held to a higher standard, and they should be better than this

I was platting a build for when the game released so I took a look at the traits
What do you suggest me to do? Should I pick the perk that gives me 5% more damage with handguns or the one that gives me 3% higher rate of fire with miniguns?

Attached: eaZravl.jpg (583x1809, 373.58K)

Can you people not read the quote from Todd and then then quote from PCGamer? PCGamer did no research, you can join the pirates

When you're the Rockstar Games of open world RPG's, you are the standard. Maybe other devs should catch up with Beth

Bethesda was never good, they got lucky enough to become financially successful with Skyrim but they never released top games.

> all 1000 planets found in this randomly chosen selection of 100s of stars NEEDS to be interesting
isnt this game set in real life? i very much doubt even 1% of the observable universe has "interesting" planets

you're desperate for attention, huh?
ok, he's a (You).

unironically yeah where's the textbook of lore

>what fact is contradicted?
Todd: the pirates aren't just this foe, you can join them
PCGamer: typical bethesda, these pirates are just "dudes to shoot"

>Real life is boring, so should the video game

>journalist actually tearing into Bethesda and not being wowed by a big name, afraid to oppose papa Todd
Good for them.

Attached: 1645838054101.gif (193x217, 16.02K)

What is everyone talking about Bethesda? I thought this was a Kickstarter scam.

>isnt this game set in real life?
I don't know, is it? How many houses does a capital city have on average?

Attached: 1655119165912.png (824x927, 1.39M)

that doesn't contradict anything. the guy in the pc gamer article is complaining about the lack of depth or characterization of this enemy. saying you can join them tells me absolutely nothing about their characterization or integration in the world.

I never got the hype and massive fandom Bethesda games enjoy. They always feel like low production value JANK whose only saving grace is moddability.

that would be fine if what they teared into them about was factually correct

Didn't notice that, thanks.
Still has good expectations for Starfield, just hope they can keep their feet on the ground.

>saying you can join them tells me absolutely nothing about their characterization or integration in the world.
what? you can join them and learn why they do what they do

>inb4 another delay due to initial reaction
Then Starfield actually could end up being something more than Fallout 4 in space.

unironically looks barely any better
only now they're getting into ps3 tier graphics all over the place instead of mish mash of ps2 and ps3

>that's not journalism, that's journalism

>and learn why they do what they do
where are you getting that from?

starfield has the exact same "shoot laser to mine rocks" gameplay as no man's sky
it has the exact same empty planets

> you can join them, do quests for them, etc.
Let’s see. Let’s just see what Todd actually delivers.

>see that faction? you can join them

TOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDD

>caring about graphical fidelity

user...
Looks correct from what I'm seeing.

He's lying. Just like every time. Nothing suggests you can even communicate with these non-people, much less join them.

I honestly got to appreciate heavily modded fallout 4 as an ok looter shooter with no story, automated looting (mods) and vast hordes of enemies (mods) you can massacre with your explosive laser gatling (mods). A lot better than the diablo loot, reddit humor alternatives.
The mistake of normalfag NPCs is expecting story in these things. I hope fallout in space doesn't bomb so it gets lots of mods.

The enemy of my enemy is still my enemy, burn them both to the ground

if they're trying to depict a realistic version of our universe.. then yes..
although there probably WILL be more interesting planets than you would realistically get picking any 1000 from the universe.
Yeah it is, with certain aspects of it not so realistic because it's a fucking video game. Like cities not having tens of thousands of individual buildings, or like I said to the other user, not actually adhering to realistic odds of how many interesting planets there will be when you pick a 1000 from the entire universe, so you can have more.

He's trying to make you click on his link. Try again

Todd: the pirates aren't just this foe, you can join them
PCGamer: typical bethesda, these pirates are just "dudes to shoot"

>WAHDAH FUK U CANNOT TALK BAD ABOUT TODD LIAR PANTS
>U WANT DUH FUKIN GRAPHICS TO LOOK GOOD? TOO BAD U GET 1000 PLANETS AND 15 FPS

Attached: ching o chongus.jpg (460x640, 100.54K)

space is empty and gay

I was super hyped for star citizen as well but even if you throw so much money at it, it's still a pretty shitty idea for an RPG

Anyone have the tweet from (I think) Pete Hines basically telling journalists to fuck off?

Thought I had it saved but can't find it

yeah except for those who are super into it. not ever game has to be for everyone

>This journalist sounds like he has good standards what's his name
te 'pirates' lore are briefly explained. He didn't acknowledge that and thought they were some kind of placeholder

Where is the contradiction?
Journalists and Bethesda deserves to die, but they aren't wrong here.

I'll believe Todd when I see it. I'd recommend more skepticism when Bethesda is involved, user.

Attached: 1627009710501.png (244x192, 14.1K)

it's a biased opinion on a game thats not out yet. it uses misinformation to make a claim, and it's clearly written with the intent to smear the game's reputation, and most likely written because of a vendetta. that's tmz tier "journalism".

True, but I'd say "realistic space" is a much more niche setting than both TES and Fallout, even fantasy space would've fared better.

they are a faction you can join, do quest for, interact with. they're not just fodder to shoot at like our genius journalist is desperately hoping for

>if they're trying to depict a realistic version of our universe.. then yes..
Which they're not, since when is it bethesda's MO to create realistic sims when their library has been a fantasy setting? This sounds like creating an excuse.

because people fantasize about star wars and firefly shit that won't be anything like the game