What games take advantage of lots of cores and threads?

I am thinking of buying an AMD Ryzen Threadripper PRO 3995WX, money isn't an issue at all so I only want the best hardware in my machine. Are there any games that perform better on a high end threadripper than a high-end i9?

Attached: 99c.png (960x931, 1.08M)

The CPU has a very low impact on the game, if your want your game frame rate to be super high, you need to buy RTX 4090Ti instead of wasting your money on CPU.
>As long as your CPU is not 4 core garbage

Probably some weird games like Dwarf Fortress.

None. The max amount of cores you need is 8, and even that is overkill.
Games still don't utilize all cores properly, and the current gen systems are only 8 core, with 1 core dedicated to the system OS.
In other words, stop wasting money.

>Dwarf Fortress.
Thats not multithreaded

Unless you're doing machine learning while playing vidya there's no need for a threadripper

>I am thinking of buying an AMD Ryzen Threadripper PRO 3995WX
Why

op is an idiot, he should have used the money to buy a 4K 120Hz OLED TV

>Are there any games that perform better on a high end threadripper than a high-end i9?
None as of right now. Threadripper will be slower than a new i7/Ryzen 7 because of the lower clock speeds and IPC (Mainstream Ryzen is on Zen 3 while Threadripper is still on Zen 2). If you want the best gaming CPU money can buy, buy a Ryzen 5800X3D or an Intel i9-12900k.

Death Stranding
Control
Cyberpunk 2077 (very gpu heavy however)

Do not bother with a threadripper. If you want the fastest CPU just get the 5800X3D. It beats everything in DX11 games and only loses to the 12900KS in a few games

Threadrippers are a bunch of cores split between different dies and numa nodes, which is terrible for games. You will get better gaymin performance from a 300 dollar desktop cpu

Do a little research on the architectural layout differences of zen 2 and 3. Your answer is there. You’ll have a huge amount of cores with your threadripper, but that doesn’t equal 1:1 scaled gaming performance. Combing the core complex on the ccd is a big performance uplift for a number of reasons. If you want the best gaming performance stay with one. The 5800x/5800x3d are your best bets from amd until this fall.

Or you can just buy a 5700X and not care about a few tiny frames per second.

There are some cases where the 5800x3d is invaluable, like if you play MMOs where no amount of cpu is ever enough in large events, or if you play 4x games. If you dont play either of those then I agree

Fair enough. Though I would hold off buying anything this late in the cycle. New CPUs are just around the corner.

the vast majority of open world games are extremely CPU intensive now; but no average consumer needs a threadripper and they're not even good for gaming
just wait for the 4950x, should come out by the fall

I dont think people are going to be so fast to upgrade. The new AMD cpus require DDR5 which is prohibitively expensive and will be for a while. Lots of people are gonna stick on AM4 since its good enough for basically everything at the moment

coomers and consoomers get the rope. simple as.

the only thing that'll be ripping your threads is in the coming economic Armageddon when you're getting raped.

shut up you dumbass bitch,
just get a AMD Ryzen 9 7950X, ASUS ROG STRIX X670 Motherboard, G.Skill C32GB DDR5-6000 CL36, Corsair HX1000 1000w PSU, Nvidia RTX 4090ti

hey that's my exact setup bro, except for the watercooling :^)
and Blender uses all those cores that GPU power and that memory easily enough, I might need to upgrade next year tho

Attached: kneel.jpg (992x848, 153.48K)

2/6 lol. Core i9 and 64GB of that exact RAM. (Down to 32 1 bad stick I have to RMA) 3080Ti. I use a good chunk of my RAM for rendering video sometimes though. 3080 has been great to date.

>2070
lmao poorfag

The hell is a threadripper?

I'm waiting for that 40 series doee
it's me when I see your mom's panties

Attached: 1613822185052.png (870x616, 70.69K)

kek you fucking cheeky bastard

A term meant to sound cool to get people to spend money on it