Any demos worth checking out during this year's Steam Next Fest?

Any demos worth checking out during this year's Steam Next Fest?

Attached: Screenshot 2022-06-14 095300.png (935x359, 173.22K)

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/1967510/Railbound/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Nope. It's all jank shovelwoke

TLDR; I only recommend trying core keeper

mega knockdown - disfunctioning menu, dropped

Moonscars - pretty fun, well animated. the amounts of enemies and the speed of reaction required to answer them,
coupled with dying in 3 hits made this for a not-so-enjoyable experience which would force me to pick a slow and safe playstyle, baiting an enemy at a time.
if they tweak it some it would be much better.

core keeper - the flash mars mineral mining game plus combat. fun and polished but hopefully you can actually win in the real game and it has more content.

aloft - peaceful subnautica in the sky(?) first 15 minutes progression is fun but then the other islands are literal minutes of flying and mashing space away because you lack the crafting recipe to [do something], weird demo.

selaco was really fun,metal hellsinger showed promise (though it is not the best optimized),im downloading trepang2 now.

Signalis and Selaco are both great, I also really liked Agent64 although precision aim feels pretty shitty currently.

>trepang2
>18 GBs
I played one of the older demos a year ago. Not sure it's worth downloading that much just for a few minutes of new content

Outcore seems like an interesting idea, but for the life of me i cant progress

Don't know yet, but I just downloaded about a dozen off recs from the last thread and it's time to start trying them out.

im feeling the same thing with my slow ass internet,but it seems cool

Played 3 of them so far:
>Anger Foot
Hotline Miami style game but FPS and beats blaring in your ear, pretty fun fast paced game. Will definitely play it when it comes out.
>Midnight Fight Express
A beat-em-up like madness, it's alright but the 3 levels available in the demo don't really showcase much and it's pretty repetitive unless you go for all the challenges.
>Terra Nil
A relaxing game like Islanders, but with a more focused approach that has you manage resources better. Changing the environment from barren to lush is more fun than just placing down buildings.

Still need to try Cult of the Lamb, CyberCorp, Gloomwood, Selaco, and Trepang2.

Agent 64 seems fun, if a bit basic

Played a few games here's what I think
>Selaco: Holy fuck my eyes hurt, while playing this, gives me motion sickness
>Anger Foot: Pretty cool, kind of like Hotline Miami but first person.
>Trepang 2: It's alright, controls aren't very good, movement mechanics are pretty bad.
>Signalis: Cool aesthetic and atmosphere, but gameplay is pretty boring
>Metal Hellslinger: I can't really say much cause I'm actually so bad at rhythm fps, but I feel like it's actually pretty good based off of the mechanics of the game.
>Gloomwood: Poor man's Dishonored, like actually combat is lifeless. Neat ideas though.
>Lorn's Lure: Kino
Anything else that's good, cause I've been browsing for a while and can't find shit

>Lorn's Lure: Kino
I thought it was just okay. I was expecting a little more than what was shown

ghost song

>Anger Foot
First person hotline miami, except HM had the option to be a bit more tactical and plan things out but this is pretty much just he frantic quick death quick kill combat.
>Cult of the Lamb
Not sold on the cult management aspect but the combat is kinda fun and it looks nice
>Frogun
Very cute third person platformer
>Gloomwood
Thief with guns but also more killing. Probably my most anticipated game out of these.
>Just Go
If you're interested in go, as in the tabletop game, this is pretty great. Title is self explanatory, it's just go.
>ORX
Like carcassonne except you're building the landscape to repel an orc invasion. Tile placement is a bit wonky and the actual combat feels a bit unsatisfying, but otherwise good.
>Selaco
Very fun boomer shooter, I like the loads of little interactive things in the environment and the secrets, like if you put a chair in the MRI machine and turn it on it explodes and leads to a secret room. Biggest issue is that the busy environments lead to enemies blending in a bit too well.
>SIGNALIS
Very atmospheric and nice looking, I've never played a resident evil game but I think the gameplay is reminiscent of the old RE titles. You go around and pick shit up to unlock shit to progress and have to carefully manage your ammo resources, shit like that.
>Terra Nil
Relaxing and comfy terraforming game where you need to pack up all your shit at the end. Has a bit of challenge to it, the first time I mismanaged my resources and failed at the last stage, but mostly it's pretty casual.
>Trepang2
Spiritual successor to F.E.A.R., very fun although I get lost in the level sometimes because everything looks the same.
>We who are about to Die
Gladiator management game, I like it but the combat is kinda awkward. I get what they were going for with directional attacks and blocking, but it needs some work.

the problem with the lamb demo is that you don't even get to do any cult management in the demo, one of the main draws of the game. the combats interesting though, it's like a mix of all melee isaac and ftl, but by god those keyboard controls are garbage. i'm hopeful for it though, if the game is meaty and not as easy as it was in the demo then it should be pretty good.

>Yi Xian
>CULTIVATION-themed Card-based Multiplayer PvP
This one turned out alright but english translation is still wonky. Also the 8-person battles can get really long. Probably will turn into some P2W skinnerbox? Idk.

Attached: 20220614224152_1.jpg (1280x720, 270.38K)

Cult of the Lamb was fairly fun, but it was also very short. I'll get it once it comes out assuming it has enough content.
The Wandering Village was part of the previous demo event but their demo is still up. It's a fairly cool game with potential, so you should give it a try.

Haven't found any yet.

Yeah the default keyboard keybindings were ass. I don't know how much content the game will have, because if what we've seen in the demo is not going to change, then it seems like there will only be 5 worlds with one boss in each of them and that will be the end of the game.

destroy all humans 2

Metal Hellsinger

Attached: 1655218369788.png (1920x1080, 2.86M)

Why the fuck are there so many deckbuilders?

Just looks like a doom clone to me, judging from the screenshots

easy to make

It took a lot of the mechanics and basic gameplay of zoom but it feels a lot more engaging to play when you're hitting those notes and keeping your combo up

game design students usually have to make card games as a way of practicing and understanding general game fundamentals.

Guess I'll give it a try.

StS showed that they can be success stories.
The fact that you can prototype them in meatspace means that you can do rapid design iteration before even committing it to code.
Its not surprising at all.

>china
lol
>cultivation
biggest lol. fuck no, not ever.

why is it that all the best lifesim games out there right now are fucking chinese? i do NOT want to learn chinese but some of these games look so good.

Which ones look good to you?

overhyped meme they just want to cash before people get fatigue

just tried this, it's actually terrible
>can't move with the d-pad, end up accidentally crouching a lot
>epic Berserk reference within 10 seconds
>ugly OC donut steel edgy waifu ghost girl
>combat sucks
>le epic Souls name and intro on the mini-boss to the left, Whatshisname the First Hunter or some garbage
>ugly
this has no reason to exist, there are so many better metroidvanias to play. feels like a game made by someone who has only played games their whole lives, unoriginal and amateur. feel bad for the dev since he's been working on it for nearly a decade

Attached: ghost song.jpg (1920x1080, 740.11K)

Just finished the signalis demo. Its great, cant wait to play the full game.

Yeah, i was really disappointed by this one too. Souls elements ruined it for me

scroll of taiwu for one. shit is basically my dream game but the fan translation is incomplete and garbage and it does not look like theres gonna be an official english translation anytime soon.

had a good time with this one, got confused a few levels in but that might've been me being stupid, from there it was smooth sailing, not bad if you're into puzzles

store.steampowered.com/app/1967510/Railbound/

Attached: raa.jpg (616x353, 125.4K)