ITT:

yfw it happened.

Attached: eye.jpg (1280x670, 58.22K)

God damn I kinda miss pre-release Ultimate discussion

Attached: 1629242503735.png (600x600, 18.54K)

Attached: .gif (500x332, 3.46M)

man remember when yeah thing happened oh man was not anticipating thing but there it do

The DLC era was way more fun, as the fighters they added to the base game were way more predictable and boring than the DLC fighters

>"Oh god fucking damn it, now Any Forums is going to return to rosterfaggot autism."

I wish Ultimate -HAD- been a port instead.

Just a straight port. Perhapd even without the DLC characters. And without any new ones.

Don't remember being especially excited since a new Smash isn't exactly unexpected
But inklings were the only character I particularly wanted in Smash so that was cool. Trailers for the Castlevania boys, K Rool, and Joker were good shit too.

Attached: 1619717262053.png (220x248, 58.65K)

Attached: 1649211126542.jpg (719x1200, 216.45K)

>a new smash was teased in a direct of all things
>e3 comes around and says everyone is back, and then adds ridley for the fans
There will never be anything in Smash as soulful as this.
>B-BUT MUH BANJO MUH SORA
Memes are not soul.

>Had a class wehn it was live
>"I'm fine catching it later, it won't be that big anyway since they're gonna talk about Mario Tennis"
>Pull up the Direct on the site
>See Smash as one of the headlines

Forgot pic

Attached: 738.jpg (312x517, 54.43K)

>Was in the middle of a dota match with friend
>inklings appear
>"Ah ok"
>Back to laning
>Friend still watching
>its important to note my friend is a witchdoctor main and very often autistically quotes him and makes noises when he's popping off.
>Friend still quietly watching, when suddenly
>OH SHIT LETS GO
>Fucking goes full monkey in my goddamn ear
>"SMASH OOH! OOH! AH! OOH!"
>Hfw "I FEEL IT IN ME BONES"

Attached: lookatitGIF.gif (256x144, 142.79K)

inkling was a super predictable, of course their fucking massive new IP is getting a smash fighter
krool was the actual surprise kino

>hey this trailer looks just like the first splatoon trailer
>i wonder if they're gonna port splatoon 1 to 3ds
>wait, the the art style actually kinda looks like a smash 4 trailer
>why's it getting dark
>OH SHIT

Attached: luigi.jpg (601x506, 77.57K)

Ultimate wasn't as hype as the daily Brawl Dojo updates. Now that was peak Any Forums.

Banjo's reveal was unironically 1000% better and more surprising. Especially after the King DDD red herring

Attached: GlossyDecisiveHarlequinbug-max-1mb.gif (320x180, 926.08K)

Same here. Everyone was hyped and excited, with some of the leaks only building the hype even more like the Grinch leak.
It's a fucking shame that the game in the end wasn't that good, with the least amount of content since the very first Smash Bros title and some of the worst online netcode in a Nintendo game.

Attached: 1655131303042.gif (112x112, 312.65K)

I wish Ultimate was good

It wasn't a red herring, it was a fakeout.

I remember people were saying that they won't talk about anything Smash related and to not get our hopes up
Oh boy