How do we save RTS genre and make it fun again?

How do we save RTS genre and make it fun again?
Do you have any examples of RTS game done right?

Attached: 1.jpg (640x400, 61.14K)

The new Minecraft game will save RTS

you cant
the genre reached perfection with Company of Heroes 1
Starcraft 2 killed it by being a no-skill gookclick APM-fest

Stop catering to Esports
Expansive single player campaign that is the focus, not the afterthought
Extensive mod tools released from the start so people can make their own custom maps
Stop catering to Esports
More focus on co-op, especially for the campaign
STOP. CATERING. TO. ESPORTS.

Dawn of War, specially the expansions (which might still be on deep sale on steam)
Dawn of War II
Supreme Commander
Majesty
Star Wars Empire at War
And fucking pic related, the GOAT

Attached: Battles of Middle Earth 2.jpg (1024x768, 176.93K)

Don't balance for competitive. If people care about the game they'll organize competition multiplayer rules on their own. Focus on fun co-op campaigns and scenarios. Make sure the game is easy to mod.

like clockwork
he's right

Why is it always Blizztards that are complaining about RTS?

Attached: 1513718994345.jpg (900x1456, 465.98K)

no changes to the gameplay, of course, even though that is the most antiquated and shit part of this genre

just give unit production more depth and customization, and give the single player campaign a grand strategy level ala total war

make it more sandboxy instead of scripted shit

fuck it, just combine the resource management of factorio with a tankbuilding RTS game, make the AI conquer resources on the world map such as steel and other rare resources that you will need to, for example, give your tanks special armor

that is fun and sandboxy and even roleplaying instead of cutscene shit that oldfags constantly want with muh warcraft 3 campaign

that shit is outdated

RTS devs never got the budget many other genres got. Worse yet, many of the last great RTS games such as Supreme Commander or Company of Heroes simply had a much larger development budget to work with than most RTS studios have available now. Unless someone invests bigly into RTS I don't see the situation improving, all recent RTS games are indie tier

not possible in todays online focused gaming world. old rts used to come with map editors, let you host your own servers, sometimes like in starcraft you could use third party editors and play those maps with friends, and those games always had pretty fun campaigns or different scenarios to play, now its just all online auto-matchmaking with minimal effort on anything else

RTS are generally too hard for zoomers and average modern "gamer".
And the current industry is all about making profit so if the genre isn't popular there is no point in making a game for it.

make it more like dawn of war1/company of heroes, and make it coop

Focus on having good campaigns instead of Starcraft esports autism

>Stop catering to Esports
This. People want single player. RTS genre isn't dead. Stop playing AoE 2 and give a chance to indie RTSs.

Everyone's already saying it but fuck esports and fuck anyone trying to cater to it.
I like to have fun playing the video game, not sweat and rage like I'm Artosis.

Attached: G.jpg (1000x750, 49.32K)

Imagine dawn of war I with modern graphics and dlcs with new races/factions/campaigns every 3 months with Dawn of War II style side quests/exploration.. A simple task, take best mechanisms from both games add to it "CA total warhammer" financing model and everyone would be happy

Despite being a fantastic game on its own, Starcraft and its legacy has been a disaster for the RTS genre.

luv me good campaign
luv me MASSIVE battles
luv me responsive units
luv me skirmish mode

ate multiplayer
ate esports
ate other people

simple as

Attached: 1626462963040.png (1017x567, 921.64K)

remove keybinds and ability to control more than 12 units
building up a blob and then collapsing it with enemy blob stops being fun after the second time you've done it

Ding ding ding, we have a winner.

I remember spending countless hours in red alert, building "tank roads" and a nice base. Encasing every Tesla coil with concrete walls and shit. That was awesome.

Is that Stronghold 2?

You wait for Homeworld 3.

looks like stronghold crusader to me. stronghold 2 is a piece of shit