Let's make the best vidya OST and never release HQ files

>let's make the best vidya OST and never release HQ files

Attached: GCFScape_lxpYJpIPza.png (213x213, 7.69K)

Other urls found in this thread:

steamdb.info/depot/323142/
youtube.com/watch?v=Q6S7vsLdq7Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

anything above mp3 320kpbs quality is a meme

please

Attached: WAV.png (256x256, 18.29K)

MP3 doesn't reach universal transparency even at 320kbps.
Also, in this case, see picrel.
Other games have the same problem. Payday 2 for example to my knowledge relies on 22khz compressed stuff

Attached: mpvnet_PZZi1pZEhR.png (370x176, 25.71K)

Pretty sure the music is owned by the company who commissioned it, not the composers and whoever else had a hand in making it. With the exception of smaller studios that actually respect artists

>is a meme
What do you mean by "meme" in this context? Do you have brain damage?

It's shame that Half-Life 2's music is MP3 only. Meaning no lossless versions exists.

Music AI upscaling when? It works good enough for images so why couldn't it be trained to reconstruct audio data too?

seethe audiofags lol

Attached: 1654434676696.jpg (1280x720, 100.11K)

I listen to MP3s not FLAC, you brain damaged virgin.

steamdb.info/depot/323142/
That took 2 seconds

The FLAC versions are also the MP3 versions, user.

Attached: Capture.png (1044x304, 280.6K)

Even in your shitty JPEG I can see differences in the spectrogram. Just because they both have 16k cutoff doesn't mean they're both MP3.

Hearing the difference now isn't the reason to encode to FLAC. FLAC uses lossless compression, while MP3 is 'lossy'. What this means is that for each year the MP3 sits on your hard drive, it will lose roughly 12kbps, assuming you have SATA - it's about 15kbps on IDE, but only 7kbps on SCSI, due to rotational velocidensity. You don't want to know how much worse it is on CD-ROM or other optical media. I started collecting MP3s in about 2001, and if I try to play any of the tracks I downloaded back then, even the stuff I grabbed at 320kbps, they just sound like crap. The bass is terrible, the midrange...well don't get me started. Some of those albums have degraded down to 32 or even 16kbps. FLAC rips from the same period still sound great, even if they weren't stored correctly, in a cool, dry place. Seriously, stick to FLAC, you may not be able to hear the difference now, but in a year or two, you'll be glad you did.

>you will never have csgo sfm trailer full music
youtube.com/watch?v=Q6S7vsLdq7Q

Go to bed you brain damaged virgin.

That's not how lossy compression works.

>What this means is that for each year the MP3 sits on your hard drive, it will lose roughly 12kbps, assuming you have SATA - it's about 15kbps on IDE, but only 7kbps on SCSI
What the fuck are you on about? Where are you even getting these numbers? Data doesn't degrade just by sitting on a storage medium.

I can't believe rotational velocidensity still makes me laugh
it's even harder to believe there are still people who fall for this

I love it so much, because it sounds plausible from tech sounding words.

I think the real trick is just in how the terms 'lossy' and 'lossless' might sound to the average layman.

you're a hack. flac is a meme

Attached: 3FzlpCF.png (1254x297, 71.93K)

Tell that to nips. Lot of games had to change ost because asshat composers.