Just finished this in Classic. A lot of good moments, but WTF so much backtracking?

Just finished this in Classic. A lot of good moments, but WTF so much backtracking?

Attached: 220px-Halo_-_Combat_Evolved_(XBox_version_-_box_art)[1].jpg (220x296, 29.16K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uerZWv7eI3c&t=56s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>WTF so much backtracking?
Lol this fucker missed every pelican ride in the game XD zoomers are too stupid for this shit

wow who cares

the devs have openly admitted they were being rushed to finish and recycled areas to finish the campaign as a result. idk why boomers try to deny this. Still CE is okay. 2 is much better

halo ce is filled to the brim with repetitive corridors and recycled levels, i'm positive anyone who rates it as the best halo is either a boomer or a delusional nostalgiafag
2, 3, odst and reach all hold up and are a joy to play though

Halo Combat Evolved was one of the worst campaigns I have ever played.

Bungie reuse levels alot throughout the series. They were always on a short clock with Microsoft so theres always some cut corners in every campaign

That pistol though

Halo 2 is the best but the repetition hardly bothers me. You play a shooter for the combat. The combat in CE is amazing. You could fight through the same rooms over and over and over again and because the ai is incredible the fights always play out differently. Just having new enemy placements and mixing with different combinations produces different results. The flood add a new dynamic than you had before, and being apart of 3 way battles between you, flood, and covenant isn't really something they did again afterwards that really helps make CE's campagin feel epic and unique. I really like the feeling of isolation and how your back is up against the wall in CE. Just you and Cortana against insurmountable odds to get off Halo.

>have to re use levels in Halo 1 for the entire second half of the game while almost cutting the multiplayer because they were on a tight deadline
>somehow manage to make an entirely new game from scratch in less than a year for Halo 2 and somehow it turns out to be the best and most feature rich game in the series

It's an awesome game with a great campaign.
Fuck The Library though.

Nice going. Hope you have fun if you keep playing.

library is unironically one of ce's highlights for me, was one of the first missions I completed on legendary. that, and assault on the control room, cartographer, and keyes

Two betrayals singlehandedly stop me from replaying this campaign

With the multi meta being pistol spam I dont really know why boomers hold this one in such high regard.

Two Betrayals is the best level in the game

Thats Truth and Rec
TB is just too tedious for me to enjoy, I understand if others like it though.

Literally the only thing 2 does better is provide more variety to the locales. Everything else is worse.

>With the multi meta being pistol spam
As opposed to every other game being BR and DMR spam? I don't understand this argument.
And there are still more useful guns in CE than any other Halo game combined.

2 is much better in that regard: Wheras almost every mission in CE has copy-pasted rooms and hallways and the same few guns/enemies, in 2 that's only a problem in a few specific missions, + it has much better writing/worldbuilding.

Also aside from a few key moments (see second row below), you should play 2 in the anniversary visuals.

here's some starting resources

>Info on each game and what they do good and bad here: arch.b4k.co/v/thread/491764826/#491777582 and here: arch.b4k.co/v/thread/454286615/#454290407
>gameplay tips and PSAs about your first time thru each game here: arch.b4k.co/v/thread/540483886/#540490286 and starting in this thread here arch.b4k.co/v/thread/562696489/#562739610
>info on the novels here: arch.b4k.co/v/thread/518545241/#518600906 and here (in more detail but excluding the first few): arch.b4k.co/v/thread/382611573/#382614809

That gives you info on each game and most of the novels up till around 2015 or so. I don't have a writeup on comics, but AFAIk every comic other then Initiation and Escalation is at least okay. book/comic drive: drive.google.com/drive/folders/1bBU5vA0J187XOne_s_Ll-ezCNua-0QAG

recommended visual media:
>Fall of Reach Animated adaption (Has issues but still neat, read the comic or esp. novel instead if willing): youtube.com/watch?v=uerZWv7eI3c&t=56s
>Halo Legends (Anime anthology) episodes: pastebin DOT com SLASH 4UwJeikS
>Halo Evolution motion Comics (adaptions of some of the short stories from the Evolutions anthology novel: pastebin DOT com SLASH P5TfAY5a
>The Halo CEA, H2A, and H4 terminals can be accssed via MCC's "Extra's" menu
>Halo 3 terminals: pastebin DOT com SLASH by8XFyXL

Note some (but not all) the Halo legends links are down, and there are also new Halo encylopedia scans that don't fit on that book drive that there's a seperate link for, but I don't have time to update links rn, if people want them lurk around Halo threads till you see me again

While they do reuse level geometry for the majority of the campaign, I don't see it as a big deal.
Two Betrayals and Attack on the Control Room both work so well on individual levels despite being the same environment. Playing through the level in reverse is still exciting.
>Different atmosphere and music
>different enemy encounters
>different objectives

I just love those levels so much. They are one of the few very loing Halo missions and they both feel like proper adventures.

meant for

Filtered zoomers
stay on your "modern" games