Resident Evil 5 and 6

How casual friendly are these games, can anyone just pick it up and get used to the controls and mechanic fast? I've played most of the mainline RE games but not my friend who I'm planning to play it with, since everyone says these games are putrid dogshit if played solo. Do you play these like RE4 where there's some semblance of strategy to save on resources with knives and melee or are they just straight up action games?

Attached: 1633293404895.jpg (2400x1200, 464.43K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hUjmW5GgU_c
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>putrid dogshit solo
5 is loads of fun even in solo which is how I played it. Better than RE4 by a longshot.

>semblance of strategy
There is more strategy to 5 than 4. 6 is a different breed entirely, it is mostly quick time events and action setpieces whereas 5 gives the player a lot of agency. There's more inventory management, partner management, resource management in 5 than in 4 and there's sections that depend on you and your partner's ability to work effectively as a team which is fun.

>can anyone pick it up and get used to it fast?
Probably. Aim and shoot. Not standard modern third person shooter controls but fairly intuitive. 6 is a bit messier but that's just because the game is shit.

>Since everyone says these games are putrid dogshit
They are. 5 is only fun for the meme, 6 is irredeemable
>Do you play these like RE4
No, they're dogshit

>since everyone says these games are putrid dogshit if played solo
I played RE5 solo about three times and had fun. Played it once with a friend, had even more fun.
>can anyone just pick it up and get used to the controls and mechanic fast?
Yes. This was my second RE game and It was very easy to get used to. Far more compared to the older ones, and honestly, even some of the newer ones.

>there is more strategy to 5 than 4
>shoot guy in leg twice, melee
>strategy

>How casual friendly are these games, can anyone just pick it up and get used to the controls and mechanic fast?
They have difficulty options so they are as casuals as you want them to be. The mechanics in 5 are simple as lo g as you are not retarded. 6 literally has the most advanced movement system in the TPS blended in with shooting and melee so you need some competency at video games, but the control scheme is so well made that you have only yourself to blame if you fail at it.

>I've played most of the mainline RE games but not my friend who I'm planning to play it with, since everyone says these games are putrid dogshit if played solo
See you are already showing signs of retardation by listening to other retards like you. Though the games are the best co-op games ever they are excellent solo too. This complaint stemmed from shitters who needed to be carried by other players and could not understand that controlling the AI is a part of 5 and that you should not subvert the mechanics the game presents to you for your made up head canon retardation (for example: not giving Sheva ammo). I would play them solo unless your friend is like your soulmate and is gonna share the same mentality and disposition towards the games as you.

>Do you play these like RE4 where there's some semblance of strategy to save on resources with knives and melee or are they just straight up action games?
Le ammo conservation is a meme in RE but you'll be doing more resource management in RE5 Veteran and especially RE6 No Hope than you ever did in RE4 Professional. They are just RE4 with better controls and mechanics but more linear level progression.

So RE4

Enemies do not die in RE4 to 2 shots + a melee EVERY time.

-VERY IMPORTANT FOR RE6-

I highly recommend you turn "Icon Display" off in the options and put the target reticle back to "Classic" for the laser sight. Icon Display off gets rid of retarded last addition business suit decision of having a constant waypoint on your screen. Now you can use the in game waypoint button (like Dead Space) for it's intended purpose. It also hides your health and ammo, which come up for 10 seconds by just tapping the way point button. It does not pause the game. This way you have to check like in previous games only it's way less cumbersome now. Trust me, this makes the game a lot better.

I like to turn off automatic reload as well but that's up to you.

You are going into these games with an already formed negative opinion. This retarded NPC mentality. They are some of the best games in the series and the genre. Don't fall for schizo and bandwagon bullshit. Go in with an open mind instead of borrowed prejudices and you will have a ton of fun. I guarantee it.

Attached: 1651567634254.jpg (1920x1080, 254.19K)

They do most of the time
>Shoot the knees
>Do a suplex
>gg wp

>6 literally has the most advanced movement system in the TPS blended in with shooting and melee so you need some competency at video games, but the control scheme is so well made that you have only yourself to blame if you fail at it.
guilty as charged
how tf do I get good

Bare in mind that 5 Professional mode is a special mode and not a legit difficulty. It gives you 5 times the ammo drops in exchange for most attacks one shotting you and the revive timer being 2 seconds long. It's a special challenge mode, not like RE4 professional or RE6 No Hope, which are the "intended max difficulty".

5 is a casualized 4
6 is fucking retarded but leons campaign was good

You can't get more casualized than 4

There's the classic games, but hey

you should play 5 then

I did

Re4 with the hd project makes 5 so shit to play. Was there ever a mod for 5 where you can use the mouse to turn the character as fast as with the fix in hd project?

Are you OP? Again the controls are excellent, so it's just a case of being willing to learn them. It's not an issue if you are used to playing video games. RE6 starts with an introductory section before you even get to the main menu. In that section once the game teaches you about the dead space waypoint button you should have total control of the character and an area to play in. Just test and experiment the controls then. You can do a lot with just a few key buttons, some stuff is even weapon or character specific.

The thing you need to understand the most is the new dodge and melee systems. The dodge system is awesome in 6. You actually need to dodge attacks with movement instead of i-frames and the game follows fighting/action game conventions with things like high or low crushes. Something is swiping high at you? Duck or roll under it. Swiping low, jump backwards over it. Swiping vertically? Roll sideways, etc. Can even do cool stuff like slide under moves and stuff.

The melee system is too complex to type. Better look at TLDR

The counter system is self explanatory. Just need to learn the timings for each attack if you want to use it.You don't have to counter anything if you don't or can't.

Tip for the spin analogue "QTEs": Spin both sticks.

TLDR: If you don't mind being spoiled on mechanics and what you can do: youtube.com/watch?v=hUjmW5GgU_c

The melee explanation on that video is a little more long winded and detailed than i remember it being.

If you want something more generic and then you experiment yourself you just need to learn these things:

There's 3 stun states in RE6.

Level 1: get with regular melee, quick shot, arm or leg shot
Level 2: get with head shot
Level 3: get with stun combo or over the shoulder attack (male only)
From the back: get with critical limb shot or level 3 and triggered from the back, headshots included.

That's better.

Attached: 1652143878333.jpg (2160x3840, 921.92K)

They're nice games if you completely ignore their campaigns and just play Mercenaries.

The game is hated because it plays like shit my man, no amount of fucking around in the options changes that.
By all means people should go in with an open mind, but that doesn't stop it being boring as fuck with a retarded item system.