Don't mind me, just passing through with the best combat and RPG customisation in the Castlevania series

Don't mind me, just passing through with the best combat and RPG customisation in the Castlevania series

Attached: cvcirclemoon-1650146072750.jpg (1024x1024, 215.87K)

Card drop rates need to be higher. Other than that I love it.

When I played this as a kid I actually drew the map.

It wasnt very good. Card mechanics are always shit.

As opposed to a slew of worthless garbage weapons and gimmicky equipment?
All it needed was the ability to use more than one set of cards

Why is this game being shilled so much recently?

I've played all the handheld Castlevanias except this one. Bought the Castlevania collection recently and played this for the first time.

I don't know what it was about this game but it really reeked soul. Soul is a word that gets thrown alot nowadays. But this one really had it and I can't explain why. But everything felt deliberate and done with care. Enemy placement, backgrounds, gameplay, story etc. It became one of my personal goat metroidvanias

Easily tied for the best Metroidvania along with Aria of Sorrow.

The card drop rates are low to encourage replayability. Every playthrough you will find different cards.
If the drop rates were high then you would just use the same cards every playthrough.

I feel like I'm sequence breaking with how long it takes to kill some of the bosses. Are the rest of the games made after this like this? I didn't have this problem with SotN.

In the American release they beefed the needed EXP to level up by 25% so that might be why.

Resistances maybe?

Oh, and no, the following games don't have that problem. Circle of the Moon is the odd one out, the rest of the series' bosses don't soak up as much damage as they tend to do in this game.

CotM circlejerks are the definition of contrarianism.

That's good to hear, because it's really turning me off from playing CotM.

That’s complete bullshit and you know it. Unicorn and Black Dog are only dropped from three enemies each after a long bullshit gauntlet that you need at a high enough level to beat which makes Dracula trivial and Pluto and Uranus are rare drops from hidden enemies that only appear much later in game in former boss rooms. It’s fucking ridiculous and such a shit grind

>as opposed to...
Yes.

Konami released a little Castlevania collection a few months ago and this was one of the included ones.

Yeah, that's an aspect of the game I don't like either.

FIREBALL

It's the blandest fucking game I ever had the displeasure of playing. Having to press a directional button just to move at a more acceptable speed is absolutely retarded, you have to learn it as an actual ability, that's the stupidest fucking shit I've ever seen. Shit game, card drop rates are shit, gameplay is shit.

That's Aria of Sorrow user. Circle of the moon is good stuff but there's only 20 cards total, so only 20 out of over 100 enemies will even drop cards and a third of them are secret enemies that only pop up after you defeat a certain bosses.

Played this one recently for the first time, its SOULFUL as fuck. either it or portrait are the best igavanias.

Attached: 78875538.jpg (480x360, 38.97K)

He said, booting up Order of Ecclesia for the 15th time

>killed Dracula with walmart whip
The most based of all vampire killers.

CoTM is not an igavania lol. He famously hates it because he didn't make it and it did so well (better sales than SoTN). He's tried to scrub it from the Canon many times before

It's hilarious

never played it
I don't replay metroidvanias, especially castlevanias, they're not very replayable, they're great to pump and dump, but even then it's literally a reskin of a previous game, they don't even have good plots, I still love them

Are you a schizophrenic?

I am a fucker of your mamas tatas