What are the benefits of using retroarch instead of running the games directly through their respective emulators?

what are the benefits of using retroarch instead of running the games directly through their respective emulators?

Attached: unnamed.png (512x512, 9.83K)

Isn't this backwards? What's the benefit of going into different emulators instead of having them all in one place?

none

Nothing unless you're an ADHD-addled zoombrain

It's like a free estrogen injection so you can troon out faster.

see

controller interface
i don't have to get up and use the keyboard for anything

>Easier to setup
>Generally, lower latency and input lag
>Support for hotswapping controllers
>Support for lots of shaders
>Unified interface for save states, disc swapping, ect.
The downside? Well, it being retroarch and getting used to its convoluted interface and system.

I though the retroarch thing didn't keep everything up to date at the same rate the other ones did

certain emulators are literally only RA cores, like bsnes. also RA is nice for consolefags

the shaders and that's pretty much it

Attached: 1654733908639.png (2560x1440, 3.22M)

Any good setting to play PC-88 and PC-98 games?

I have a little box with games on it and I turn it on and use a wireless controller. I could hook up a keyboard and mouse to it but that would be an inconvenience. Retroarch helps making games comfortable to play

Just shaders, that's the only thing.

Retroarch doesn't work on my flagship phone but dedicated emulators always do no problems

It just werkz

pc: shaders and runahead
homebrewed handhelds: quickly switching to an older, less accurate core if a game won't run at full speed

Run-ahead latency is huge if you're playing on modern monitors. I'd say it's even more of a plus than the shaders.

>bsnes
>RA only
What are you smoking? You can get it straight from Github

What's that?

Kind of similar to rollback netcode in fighting games except retroarch is just using it to reduce your input lag.

This. A lot of standalones have these features properly implemented though, so it's very case-by-case