Post impressive tech for its time!

post impressive tech for its time!

Attached: arxfatalis_cooking.webm (960x540, 2.53M)

nowadays devs don't even bother because only like 5% of players actually notice shit like this

>For its time
That stuff is STILL impressive just because nobody even bothers to implement something like that. Last game i've seen it done was when i played the demo of Monomyth

fr fr no cap

>stackable in inventory
clicked off right there, absolute shit game

we need more games like this.
arkane are the only ones trying at this point

Pretty cool but I wouldn't call it "tech", just nice gameplay features. F.E.A.R. physics, effects and AI were phenomenal for its time.

Its just boring crafting cooking sim

I was playing rune and I can only concur.

The game lacked in technical terms, and there was a strong push towards photorealism, but in terms of game design they did something that nowadays feels alien: Non-essential interactive content, something simple like dropping the condemned in hell in lava for the fun of it, does add to the game. The game also felt much more content dense in terms of level design, probably out of limitations from the time, but by having everything so small and close there are no dull moments and does compensate the typical maze-like design since if you get lost you don't have to travel far to find your way.

Might sound like a boomer but goddamn, we didn't know the unique times we were living back then.

>tech illiterate retard doesn't realize how impressive it was for an item to go through so many states using nothing but player's interactions and the item's interaction with an oven's fire
I know it doesn't sound crazy now that retards like you can achieve it pretty easily with retarded systems like the blueprints, but you're still a retard and a faggot, user

Trick is to make it part of the game, like how in Arx Fatalis you have to make a poisoned pancake so the goblin king will get sick and leave his throne room.

>tech illiterate retard
I make games you mongoloid, shit like this isn't that complicated, today devs just don't care. No hardware limitations to overcome for things like this.

>unironical 'my dad works at nintendo'
consider never posting on this board ever again

Attached: yOu wOuLdnt DL a NiNteNdO.webm (854x480, 2.25M)

Who are you answering to? Take your meds.

We would still get shit like this if the industry hadn't moved to deadlines that are now so short that even after a year of crunchtime, games still get pushed out of the door in early access

will guys in the future send 3D scanned penises instead of dick pics?

yes, and women will 3d print them so they can try it out and see if they like it before they bother wasting time on a date

I love Arx Fatalis so fucking much.

Attached: arx cheese.webm (1000x562, 2.81M)

That's...actually genius.

Only way it could be cooler is if the rats became friendly and would attack those who try to harm you.