Did anyone else notice a lot of 'influencers' and random people on the internet keep saying "gamepass is the best deal...

Did anyone else notice a lot of 'influencers' and random people on the internet keep saying "gamepass is the best deal in gaming". Like word to word everyone says the same thing. Even some people on Any Forums.
These people are unironic paid shills right? And the line is a focus tested slogan made by microsoft's marketing division.

Attached: firefox_T2dxvmCeUY.png (748x267, 29.7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/d7xzqWJxjTc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

its all true

uh yeah retard, duh. This is how companies advertise to young people now and has been for several years. It's not exactly a secret that companies are paying just about anyone who gets seen enough to shill literally anything that they're selling. I've seen youtube videos where they're shilling kitchen knife sets like a fucking washed up celebrity.

I'm sure paid shills started this slogan, but I'm also sure that a lot of other people have unironically adapted it.

I bet Jaffe seeths hard at night wishing his later games sold.

It's a great value, what else do you want to call it.

>gamepass is the best deal in gaming
Pirating is the best deal in gaming
Here I fixed it for you.

It is unironically a good deal to try new games but you wont have the time to actually play through them all. Most stuff will leave after a year and paying a sub for first party stuff like Minecraft, Skyrim, or Halo is dumb when you could just outright buy them.
>t. Have a 3 year sub to gamepass

It is a good value now but if/when Microsoft takes the lead again prices will skyrocket it's unsustainable as a business model otherwise

You won't own any of those games, so it's a scam.

I'm Jewish and even I pay for Gamepass.

Take that for what you will.

TORRENT IS THE BEST DEAL OF VIDEO GAMES.

Attached: WXaRu3kO_200x200.jpg (192x192, 6.93K)

>These people are unironic paid shills right?
yes
why do you think they are called "influencers"

>3 year sub
>$360
Couldve just pirated and bought like a new gpu or something

Reminder that Sony is also doing a gamepass rip off except its worse in every way by being the worst deal in gaming lmao

It's called a subscription actually.

Games being devolved into a disposable service ultimately makes disposable games, hurting everyone

i unironically shilled game pass ot my friends when you could get it for $1, not anymore though

It's not perfect but if you grew up with game rentals at blockbuster or whatever you'd realize how much value is in that subscription. Every argument against gamepass just ignores what it actually is and tries to make it out like a huge scam but if you use it as intended it literally is the best deal next to piracy

I move a lot and buy and sell Xboxs a lot and it's hard for me to see I'll ever play for more than a month. Taking a slight loss overall to be entertained for a few weeks is worth it to me. Not everyone is camped out somewhere for the long-term, and even if that was the case I'd be buying the retro consoles and arcade machines

>millennials fellate Blockbuster to the ends of the earth
>then turn around and shit on gamepass

Attached: chudz.jpg (750x721, 75.93K)

>It's not perfect but if you grew up with game rentals at blockbuster or whatever you'd realize how much value is in that subscription.
This

Attached: gold.png (600x580, 571.7K)

Renting all your games seems like a great deal to a YouTuber or Streamer that only keep fan interest by playing new stuff all the time and jumping from bandwagon to bandwagon.
None of them have time to play games just for fun. Game price is a business expense.

Literally only zoomers like subscriptions on everything becase they were raised when it was already a thing. They don't know any better.

I did the on sale Brazilian trick for like a third of that price but yeah that's my point
Literally my point

see also cant trust microsoft with quality games considering their track record

Its a good deal if you just sub for 1 month to play new games and then immediately unsub. For example when space skyrim comes out I'll just sub for 1 month and beat the game and unsub. Cheaper than buying the game.

What value is there? There are fewer than ten games on there that are actually worth playing. People call it IndiePass for a reason.

It only hurts autistic game collectors and Sony, because their entire business revolves around really shitty single player third person games with no replicability, which is why they're not even putting their first party games onto their gamepass

Everyone else wins actually.

Attached: images (1).jpg (245x205, 7.01K)

>CONTINUALLY GIVING US MONEY IS GOOD DEAL GOY

nigga its because its a good fucking deal you dumbass, im not american but i think yall pay like 5 bucks for hundreds of full games

Even the fans of gamepass agree it just encourages devs to pump out low effort low quality games to inflate the library on gamepass. Funny enough something similar happened with anime, crunchyroll would literally license everything and anything and all it did was encourage studios to pump out extremely low effort and cheap anime for a quick buck.

I'll be honest, playing gamepass games feels empty because I can't get steam achievements.

No. You sub for 1 (One) month to play new shit and immediately unsub.

Imagine MetalJesusRocks making videos about his virtual collection? It wouldn’t feel the same.

youtu.be/d7xzqWJxjTc

Attached: 1648712328507.jpg (683x646, 69.19K)

I don't even know what gamepass is.

Except you guys assume games are just made to be dumped on gamepass and that's not true, you can also find them on steam, switch or playstation where you pay full price to not own them and play them once never to touch them again. Lots of gamepass games are just indies that MS approaches because they need more content for the service and the devs want guaranteed sales. How many fucking 5 hour indie games are on steam that people buy in sales all the time, those are "disposable" right? Your argument is flawed because nobody sets put to make some throwaway piece of shit to be forgotten with 3+ years of their life, it just so happens that lots of games end up being categorized like that

except they want a credit card so you conveniently forget to unsub and they can keep charging you
you cannot pay for 1 month with a debit card
Thats what they want to do, collect free money from the people who forget to cancel

it's a dollar a month on pc you cheap tranny

"You'll own nothing and be happy"

Who actually wants to own a bunch of superfluous stuff like video games and movies and tv shows though? They are stuff you just consume once and move on. Whats the point of owning loads of physical games unless your plan is to somehow sell them off for profit but that will never happen with any games bought from the ps3/360 gen onwards as games got too big in that gen so no games from then on have any big resale value like stuff from the nes or snes/genesis or ps1/n64 or ps2/gamecube

It's worth it if you use the 1 dollar a month deal. I've been playing B4B with friends and fuck paying more than 5 bucks for that game.

Look at all the garbage netflix puts out. Thats the future of shovelwarepass.
>but they will surely maintain the quality once they have 1 billion subs
>or uh.. people will unsub! Thousands of people
They will corner the market and then exclusively release dogshit while buying out all good studios and making them release dogshit too
tested iq of 145 btw (by a professional) so im correct.