What went so wrong with pic related?

What went so wrong with pic related?
In my honest opinion, Jeb having took over development by beta 1.8 sparkled its decomposition phase at full speed, the mod-tier quantity-over-quality additions announced the departure from Notch's creative vision to literal random shit being tossed into the pot.
I reckon oldfags saying this game would eventually have morphed into Terraria if it insisted in keeping the direction it took after 1.7.3 was obsoleted - looks like they have been right this whole time.

Attached: 2015-08-27_1822399330715_lrg.jpg (1280x667, 215.35K)

>quantity-over-quality additions
Where? They can barely add a few new mobs and block types in a whole fucking year. We get neither quantity nor quality

Honestly, I really like the new world gen and caves. Should've been done a long, long time ago, but at least the new generation is done well. However, what what the fuck is going on at mojang? They're always been incompetent, but 1.19 is a new fucking low for them.
>Notch's creative vision
He didn't have any vision for the game, he really had no clue where to take it. Even the name was not his idea, and keep in mind that it was called Minecraft before there was any mining or crafting in the game.

Jeb is a worthless sweede faggot

>Jeb having took over development by beta 1.8 sparkled its decomposition phase
I don't think he was in as much control by that point like he is now.

>this game would eventually have morphed into Terraria
that's a good thing.

they dont add either quality of quantity, they are occupied with HRT

Attached: kk.png (636x660, 558.56K)

>its not quantity over quality
user I dare you to play 1.18 for a few days and name a single relevant item or feature that isn't part of the original 1.0 set.
Terraria wings, godmode totems and other ebin 2b2t gimmicks don't count.
Everything that's good or relevant was added in 2011, what came after is Terraria ripoffs, case closed.

90% of the updates seem like they're just Jeb's wife going "wouldn't it be cute if THIS animal was in the game", so they add it and then forget about it immediately after

So much of the new content is worthless filler

Attached: animals.png (1745x1035, 749.65K)

Not him, but Horses.

Letting the C++ build of the game become a locked down version with retarded redstone mechanics.
Adding features nobody asked for.
Not adding (sensible) features everyone asked for.
No native mod support.
No native shader support (and I'm not talking about nvidia exclusive raytracing)
Optimizing the game so poorly having more than 32 players on a server becomes basically unplayable (just implement the changes of lithium/sodium natively for fuck's sake).
Survival experience being way too easy.
Making late game boring and tedious by giving too few means of scaling.
Giving zero depth to combat beyond buffs/equipment. (And even then the META is pretty much set in stone with every update).
Keeping in-game mechanics nobody uses. (Villagers trading 2 emeralds for 4 carrots, like, lol?)

And in general, they've been acting like a complacent indie studio.

This

They should take more inspiration from Dwarf Fortress

Have building shit actually mean something outside multiplayer. Make it so your castles are there to actually defend from raiders. Make digging into the deepest depths actually risky. Have the villagers actually be interesting to interact with.

Attached: monster.png (800x454, 421.8K)

>he had no vision
>he had no idea where to take it
Nigga he is responsible for everything thats sane and cogent the game has to offer
He conceived every single item, mob or feature that's relevant excluding pistons and a few other ideas he got from the best mods (not boring FTB-like poopoo ass nerd shit)
The fact everything that came after 2011 (when Jew_ took over) is dull undeniably proves this

Attached: 1654911252894.jpg (398x376, 37.07K)

I just genuinely don't understand how a company like Microsoft could own THE BEST SELLING GAME OF ALL FUCKING TIME and treat it like a worthless piece of shit. Every popular mainstream game nowadays gets major updates every few months, but not Minecraft. They can only muster up the strength to create an update that adds one biome and 2 new items after 3 years of delays.

Not sure where you're getting "jeb took over in 2011" from when Notch was still working on the game until he left mojang in 2014. Noneless, the game was always aimless by nature. Notch really had no idea where to take it, but his lack of direction balanced itself out with his work ethic (he was a lot quicker at releasing new content than any of the current devs), and he would experiment often. Remember secret friday updates? Those were done just to get an immediate reaction from the players, then he'd retool things from there. It's clear little planning nor thought was put into the game from notch, and I wasn't joking about even the name (and the meaning of the name) not being his idea at all. It wasn't even his concept for the game at the time.

Microsoft isn't allowed to tamper with the game's development, it was part of the contract they signed when they bought out Minecraft. Mojang always has final say on the game, and MS isn't allowed to influence the development of the game in any way, even indirectly. This is part of the reason why Bedrock edition became a thing, as a sort of workaround so MS could push for microtransactions and other additions that the MS higher-ups wanted to push. Even so, they are not able to make hiring decisions on behalf of Mojang.

If this was any other development team, that would be a good thing. But this is Mojang, some of the most incompetent devs on the planet that are in the midst of a PR disaster since so many of the dev team right now are bitchboys that spend more time on twitter than working on the game.

Mojang has 600 people working for them. They're the least productive team of developers on the face of the Earth. They are so incompetent holy shit.

Not only he did actually work on the game, most of his additions were cool and recognizable.
We had good few choices

All NuMojang does is reskinning biomes and occasionally adding some shit mod-tier feature.
The game reached the point of no return when the fucking sheeps started dropping food.

You say this as if Notch wasn't regularly ripping off mods as well. Honestly, the best feature Notch came up with himself (at least, to my knowledge) is redstone. Being able to build logic gates in an easy-to-understand format is genuinely a stroke of genius. Most of Notch's other features and concepts were just as half-assed and unfinished as the new features in the game today.

Every single time one of these threads comes up it's always the same argument.
>ok what would YOU change/add
>nothing the game was already perfect

Go play those versions then faggot, they still allow you to download them.
The nether update is literally the best thing that ever happened to the game btw.

Attached: 1653674060393.gif (498x498, 1.76M)

Did 1.19 actually do anything/ All it added was another useless animal and a new biome that's just a different type of swamp.

>muh infiminer
Completely different game

>he took inspo from a few modders so game isnt his
Doesn't matter
Most things that immediately come up to your mind when you think of the game are his

>mobs that allow you to traverse the lava oceans in the nether
>respawn anchors
>blocks you can use to enchant compasses so they always point towards them
>villager trading that's worth shit in the villager rework
>direct upgrade to diamonds

That's funny, I don't recall even mentioning Infiniminer. Are you hearing voices again, user? You seem to have pulled quotes out of thin air here.