Alien Isolation

The base game and DLC are on sale on GOG. I've heard mixed reviews; how is it? I am REALLY bad at shooters.

Attached: alien-isolation-collection.jpg (1893x1080, 93.92K)

Its not a shooter. Its a survival horror. You spend your time creeping around a space ship being stalked by the Alien. I thought it was pretty good.

It's not a shooter user. Are you thinking of Space Marines maybe? This is an Amnesia-type of game. Hide 'n' Seek if you will.
Personally I loved the story but the game is tedious.

I've played over 60 hours of RE2 2019, so this sounds good to me.

>Personally I loved the story but the game is tedious.

In a Dead Space, "run around fixing stuff" way, or in a "clunky controls and user experience" way?

In a "hide in a spot and cross your arms for a while until the AI decides to move somewhere else because it's the only gameplay gimmick the game has" type of way.
There's a bit of combat here and there (very little) and some "side hustles" and puzzles too but the core of the game is a very shallow stealth system. Once you get a hold of it the "scary" factor is gone because you don't see the alien as a threat anymore. So it's a very well produced (and slow) walking simulator.
BUT the atmosphere and story are great. I liked the characters too. And in GoG I suppose you won't have to go through the "invasive" EULA that's on Steam. I still would rather just watch it on YT than spending money on it.

It’s fantastic and not a shooter at all. You barely use a gun in the game.

It's shit until you get mods that fix it, like one that makes the alien not follow you around the entire ship like a deranged ex or some kind of retarded puppy

>You barely use a gun in the game.
Depends how much of a "no fun" you are. I fucking killed everything I saw. Contrary to popular belief the guns do actually work against the alien. They won't kill them but they will get them to piss off.

It's good If you like stealth horror and atmospheric games and can play games to get immerse.
Really? Can other anons confirme this? I taught only the flametrower was effective against the Alien.

>I taught only the flametrower was effective against the Alien.
No, that's just the most effective weapon. All the explosives like pipe bombs and molotovs work as well and so do the guns. Little caveat to that, though, is that the pistol does not do a huge amount of damage so your chances of using it to drive off the alien before it kills you are slim. Shotguns drives it off pretty easy though.

Like the flamethrower, guns work a couple of times and then the Xeno gets sick of you and will just fuck you up

I played in Nightmare on my first play through and it was tough yet satisfying experience.

tried replaying multiple times since, and on lower difficulties.
too frustrating for me to commit to solving once the alien showed up.
Never cared to play the DLC.
I truly value that first time experience on Nightmare Difficulty.

if you just walk everywhere in this game you can bypass a lot of the hiding stuff
just be sure not to walk into any objects and knock them around
i was so freaked out by this game at first but once i did a run and went back it was much more relaxing
nightmare is still pretty brutal at points but hard mode gets trivialized by walking

Early game, let's say until the 3-4 hours mark, is awesome. Amazing visuals, details, everything. There is also a segment of around 30 min at some point similar to the first movie where they find the eggs in the Engineer spaceship. Just because of these two parts, the experience is worth it.
Now, the game is long, like +30 hours kind of long, so those nice 3 first hours get repeated by ad nauseam. So I would suggest you play it, enjoy the horror, but once you get tired of it, uninstall it because it is going nowhere. The end is shit.

Attached: 1599836695963.jpg (720x701, 66.16K)

how is the game 30+ hours unless you mean multiple plays for all the collectibles and dlc challenge maps?
the game tops out on content at about 14-18 hours for people who go slow and unlock the station 100%
how did it take you 30?

Tbh I looked it up on google becase it has been ages since I played. I have 22 hours logged on steam to it.

It's unironically one of the best vidya ever made.
Top survival horror contender FOR SURE.

Shotgun stuns the alien briefly so you can escape
It will get pissed off quickly though and stalk you much more aggressively

It's at least twice as long as it needs to be and the Alien being an invincible insta-kill machine actually makes it less scary than something you can fight back against. If the game had been shorter it would probably have gotten away with it, but long before the end you'll stop viewing it as a scary monster and start viewing it as a big floating "game over" screen.

It's a shame because some of the early encounters with it were the best horror shit I've ever played, but because the entire game is built around that one enemy you have ample time to get fully desensitized to it.

it's just kind of boring. if you reaaally love alien and want more alien it's ok i guess but the gameplay sucks imo

It's alright, but kinda wears out its welcome, and has a big nothingburger ending.

Attached: no need for this.jpg (439x598, 22.42K)