If you could buy a PS4 or a Nintendo Switch, which one would you choose and why...

If you could buy a PS4 or a Nintendo Switch, which one would you choose and why? I'm trying to decide what console should I get before this year ends. Last state of play hyped me, but things like BoTW2 seem attractive as well

Attached: images (1).jpg (640x480, 49.4K)

Sorry, I meant PS5

Switch, if you have a PC.

i hate nintendo games and ps has no games
so i buy a gun and kill myself

if you don't have a PS4 then PS5 would be a good choice... if not for the fact that they're porting everything to PC now for whatever reason
so probably the Switch just to cover more ground in the context of exclusives

No PC, otherwise I wouldn't be in this predicament and I'd buy a Switch
FFXVI, R4make and Spiderman 2 are tempting me. There's also things like SF6 or Calisto Protocol, but those are still coming out for ps4 so right now I could play them.

>i hate nintendo games
How come user? Its not all just bing bing wahoo

PS4. Because I can emulate literally any switch game.

All the games are boring and constantly hold themselves and the player back, full of long ass tutorials (dkctf is 1/3rd tutorial levels) and they're always designed as if they're a players first game and now they're choked of content because nintendo is pioneering live service games and has been since the wii u days. Nintendo games fucking suck and they always have.

What tutorials in Frozen Dong? Sometimes you'll see a background sign that tells you what to do if you're introduced to a new mechanic, but that's it.

I wonder why would anyone who has PC by switch? You already can play every switch game on your PC, meanwhile there's games (movies) on PlayStation you can't play on PC

switch easily

the level designs themselves are the tutorials. The kid gloves are perpetually on, only loosened as you progress. I have no interest in playing Nintendo games for this reason and will never play them again.

Switch and Xbox.

Don't be a sony nigger.

PlayStation made the best games, now nobody makes good games except the occasional small Japanese release.

>emulatorfags

A PS4 Pro.
Why?
Games.
The Switch has like no 3rd party support my user. Switch is only for the 1 maybe 2 Nintendo games they release every couple of years. Unless you're planning on playing Smash and Mario Kart pretty heavily then there is no point to the Switch. It has no games.

I've bought every single Playstation console until ps5 and with all the exclusives coming to PC I never will buy ps5. It would be retarded to consider it. I already own a switch. I'd buy an Xbox for the first time before I buy a ps5.

Aren't 100% of games ever tutorials then? All games loosen up as you progress through them

PS5, as shit as its own library is, has the past decade of 3rd parties sucking its dick. If you can only choose one, and unless you really wanna play Nintendo IPs, since that’s all the Switch really has going for it, it’s the easy choice.

Nope. Mostly Nintendo games and Western games. You're underexposed to good games so you don't have a good frame of reference. Pick up some 90s Taito, Sega, Namco games, start easing yourself into proper game design or take a crash course with Gradius, or if you want an easy one Gradius Gaiden. Game design when it doesn't hold back is a complete test from start to finish and inducts you into a flow state which is a high Nintendo deliberately makes their games incapable of achieving.

I'm asking this honestly, do you think "game teachers you the mechanics and then gradually ramps up the difficulty involving the mechanic" is bad?

I think it's the most basic you can make a game, rule of 3's garbage thats been done to death since the 80s. If you're still impressed by it, I have to wonder, why?

I don't constantly want to be in a state of flow where hours pass and I don't realize it, and I forget the entire experience afterwards. I want the flow state to be broken up every now and then by discovery. Otherwise, it just feels like a way to pass time and get nothing out of it.
Also, I would argue it's way more basic to make a game that's at a static level of control and challenge throughout, and way more difficult to make a game that ramps it up and down.

Don't get me wrong, I love challenging SHMUPS but I don't want every game to be like them.

I grew up with many of those games, along with Nintendo ones. I'm not understanding your argument besides "Nintendo bad because". DK tests your reflexes as much something like a Mega Man or a Galaga. Some games are easier/harder than others, sure, but that comes with the medium

OP said he wanted a games console, not an overheating jet engine that can only achieve checkerboard rendering.

>state of flow where hours pass and I don't realize it
Literally not how a flow state works, but you've admitted you've never experienced the best feeling a game can give you, a sense of oneness with its mechanics. That's the true shame of Nintendo games, there is no oneness, you'll always feel left alienated from the experience.
>Don't get me wrong, I love challenging SHMUPS but I don't want every game to be like them.
I'm not convinced you've played a single one.

>DK tests your reflexes as much something like a Mega Man or a Galaga
God no, it has no leading, it even has a fucking jump buffer so you don't have to be on solid ground to jump. That's literally an anti-game element. The fuck are you on about? Have you ever played these games?