Just started it. What am I in for?

Just started it. What am I in for?

Attached: Xenoblade Chronicles_Definitive Edition.jpg (1920x1080, 997.23K)

Reyn time

born in a world of strife

VERY slow start, a really good game afterwards.
Also memes.

against the odds

Best 3D JRPG you will ever play, not joking. Prepare for kino, multiple times.

Attached: uncle mumkhar.gif (189x297, 470.71K)

Recently beat xc2 and really enjoyed the narrative. Wondering whether i should get into this. The dated visuals and combat mechanics are kind of a turnoff.

HA HA HA YOU CRACK ME UP REYN

As someone who really likes XC2, XC has the better story and gives a lot of context to the ending of 2 but yeah the combat is significantly worse but you can power through it.

Play it. There's no such thing as a bad Xenoblade. The worse it gets is Future Connected being a 7/10, everything else is 9+.

Attached: Xenoblades.png (1500x2645, 3.82M)

Too many fucking side quests

Killing a concerningly sentient species of chicken and not giving a single shit about it

youre not meant to do them all lmao, that would be most of your game experience if you did

Why put them there if they're not meant to be done?

>what is optional content
you do realize that the only non-optional thing in the game is the story, right? xenoblade games are basically just single player mmo's, you dont /have/ to do MOST of whats in the game. its called creating your own experience

Then don’t do all the side quests?

Im on bionis sword, right after the ice land and did all the sidequests up to this point.
That said, how far am i? Im already 40 hours deep and i dont seem to see the end of it.

Forget the side quests, there are too many skill trees and arts and gem combinations in the game

You’re at the half way point of the story.

You're like 60% done, also if you're a completionist you lock yourself out of the sword zone once you get to the bossfight there so clear out the entire sword area instead of rushing through to the lock out point.

The combat in XCDE is a legit problem, if you're underleveled you're going to have trouble and if you're overleveled the game is going to be completely trivial because the single most important deciding factor for how combat plays out is the level and nothing else. Gear, gems, weapons, party setup and everything else play second fiddle to the fucking level number, which is pretty shit. Fortunately XCDE added Expert Mode which basically allows you to lower your level (while still gaining XP) so if you overlevel you can keep adjusting in order to match the area you're in so you don't trivialize the game.

The visuals in XCDE are fairly close to XC2, the environments are still older and less detailed but I don't think that should be a dealbreaker. You're playing some 720p Switch game anyway, the graphics weren't going to be good in the first place.

You're about 45-49% in. The end of this section marks the 50% mark.