Why does Any Forums hate Valve when they haven't harmed the fans or industry in anyway?

Why does Any Forums hate Valve when they haven't harmed the fans or industry in anyway?

Attached: file.png (640x610, 295.77K)

Other urls found in this thread:

steamdb.info/app/730/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Contrarianism. Valve has done nothing but benefit consumers and developers, and any fuckups such as paid mods have been short-lived.

this but the funny chad guy with the valve mask saying "i made a fan game"

seriously valve gets too much credit for their shit, they have literally made no games since the 2000s and most of their games have gotten worse and worse. Their entire foundations are based off of mods. they practically made one game and then had all the other work done for them, whether that be dota, counter strike, anything

Maybe I want a world where valve TF2 servers are playable, that isn't much to ask for
>in anyway
"anyway" and "any way" are different

Cause they used to be cool. Theyre like a cool older kid you looked up to who ended up gaining 400 pounds becoming to lazy to wipe their own ass and addicted to heroin and chinese hookers. Yea he never bothered you directly but looking at what it has become fills one with rage

It's just brand loaylist falseflaggers. Nobody cared up until Sweeny started crying about "Muh Monopoly" while trying to blatantly shift things purely in his favor while playing victim of a "conglomerate" despite dumping money on Devs for exclusivity.

Where's the Artifact guy

>haven't harmed the fans or industry in anyway?
Valve was first company to make lootboxes and hatfaggotry mainstream. Also paid mods.

I mean, there's the antitrust shit that's recently been a thing in courts.

But honestly, I don't disagree. There is no such thing as a perfect company, they're in it to make money after all. But as far as companies go, valve's not bad. Probably lazy, if anything.

>cheap games
>too many sales throughout the year
>workshop (exclusive feature)
>free cloud storage when it's paid on other platforms
>customizable profiles and launcher
>easy and fast refund system
>Made Japanese publishers to start considering PC as a serious gaming platform
>"they are bad because they are not good anymore, ok?"

Maybe because they were the first ones to jump on the F2P + paid skins / gambling crates cancer model. Yes they have done some cool stuff too.

Attached: 1651090524429.jpg (2322x2165, 1.11M)

>pic
there's nothing wrong with Nintendo respecting their IPs. look at fucking hunt down the freeman, thats how you piss and shit on your legacy

No faggot its called they quit making games quit having flash sales quit doing cool stuff with the fans and just started focusing on micro transactions like a lazier EA

>or industry
Steam being as monopolistic as they are isn't good for the industry.
I don't blame them tho. they haven't explicitly maneuvered themselves into that position in tge same way MS and Sony are trying to (in the game industry).
They haven't shut down competition like how those other guys have.
They just provide a service that no one else offers. The back catalog is something thats happened over tume and, unfortunatwly, is really hard to compete against.
GOG had a good idea, using old games as the source of their back catalog, but they abandoned that in a fit of retardation. I was a fan of GOG when it meant "good old games".

dota underlords

Gabe was 100% right and nintendo will always be faggots for going after people making the games for no profit that they won't make

Attached: 1642517532004.jpg (850x886, 168.5K)

>
valve has only done that SOMETIMES, other times they're not even doing ANYTHING.
They come and go

>steam
>not harming gaming
anyhow le funny and "original" chad and wojack comic thing.

wrong on literally every account

>cheap games
2010 called they said you cant go back something about a time pair of socks guess its a new cosmetic
>easy fast refunds
theyve become more jewish over their refunds
>Made Japanese publishers to start considering PC as a serious gaming platform
dumping their old shit after console players are done with it? Persona 5 pc edition 2029

Rest is quality of life shit that used to be standard and is only still around because steam is old enough to have been a thing when such standards existed an pc fags wont put up with those kinds of monetized changes and have made it clear in the past

I like valve. They're pretty cool, but the second Gabe is dead it'll just be the next EA.

They used to be a game company that made amazing games. Now they are a game distributor and Gaben avoids talking about developing games like it's a traumatic childhood memory or something. They didn't really harm anyone. They just ended up being lame.
This.

>Forgetting the mod shop fiasco
>Forgetting the entire Artifact triple dip bullshit

The issue is Steam offers so much that when new proprietary hosting platforms startup they are inevitably compared to Steam. Not that this is Steam's fault, it is the fault of other businessmen who fail to realize what people come to expect from such a storefront.

Attached: 1653941654814.gif (520x329, 299.23K)

You mean that lawsuit headed by THE ONE WHO CONSORTS WITH BEASTS? wasnt that pretty much bitching about how hes too lazy to set up his own storefront and generate his own keys?

>Still seething about the paid mods that was canceled after fan backlash
yeah, it's their fault for listening to their fans

>2010 called they said you cant go back something about a time pair of socks guess its a new cosmetic
This has nothing to do with games. Developers overpricing cosmetics has nothing to do with Valve's sales policies.
>theyve become more jewish over their refunds
Proof? I've found nothing but ease in refunds.
>dumping their old shit after console players are done with it? Persona 5 pc edition 2029
Without Steam, many PC ports would absolutely never have happened. Factually.

>Why does Any Forums hate Valve when they haven't harmed the fans or industry in anyway?
If you hadn't noticed Any Forums hates everything that isn't Sony.

Someone post that comic of the guy retrieving his pirate hat because of all these new shitty game lauchers you are forced to install

Did we already forget about TF2 Classic and Open Fortress

>says that
>makes billions developing the most widespread anti-piracy software in PC gaming
What did he mean by this?

isn't Nintendo*
we still have daily hate threads for ZHD, TLOU2 and PS5

>Gabe has the most downvoted post on reddit to date
/ourguy/

They knew what they were doing and just tried to see if they could get away with it. Turns out they couldn't.
Guess they still had the decency to admit their "mistake"

That he wants a platform that sells games so simply that it's easier to buy it rather than go through the effort of buying it.

didn't they invent F2P and lootbox?
thats pretty egrerious

at least they aren't like Nintendo and Sony who disregard every single fan backlash and pretend they are deaf

Steam DRM is extremely easy to crack

that's not true at all
I don't think any single person can beat EA's star wars post

Nintendo truly are the cancer of the industry.

flash sales have everything to do with games zoomer it was a joke about how they cant sell you a cheap game anymore but they can sell you a meme reddit hat for steam fun bucks.
example cs go never got cheaper after the end of flash sales until it went free to play
steamdb.info/app/730/

Because they're lame as fuck now compared to before. There's been a huge disconnect with them and their consumer base in the past 10 years.

Attached: FTql5_xXEAE9HCp[1].jpg (460x514, 25.17K)

You mean 100% wrong. Piracy was never a service issue since anyone could have gone out and ordered/downloaded games from a publisher's site prior to the advent of steam with ease.
In fact all steam has done for the consumer is eliminate physical pc games and introduce DRM.

>consumer base
Sorry, I meant FANbase. that was a huge distinction.

Could be, I never looked much into it, nor do I trust any opinion from here since it's usually either strait misinformation or bias on the subjects of distributors.

Steam is popular and widespread because it's a better service than piracy for the vast majority of people.
You ever wonder why there's so many more people willing to pirate EGS exclusive games than Steam games, despite Steam's DRM being way easier to crack and literally optional for developers to use?

No Sony right.
We have daily hate threads for everything, especially Nintendo but Sony is the only one where we instead have daily shill and bragging threads Like this

I wanna add some more
> Customizable controller settings built in with pre sets made by the community for every game
>All about Linux
>Does not force DRM other than having to install via Steam
>Forums, screenshot sharing, guides, all in one place
>Workshop API is open, so you can even download mods for your GOG games via some website

looking at the competition I am glad Steam is the default Launcher/Store for most stuff. If that means less games from Valve then that's more than fine by me.

>he thinks shill threads are genuine
oh boy let me tell you about the daily 10 threads of "BOTW is the greatest game ever made" since 2017

>because it's a better service than piracy for the vast majority of people.
It's not, at all. There is zero benefit to using steam over pirating user.

this is irrefutable
music piracy is barely a thing anymore because songs cost pennies to officially download or you can just use spotify and decrypt their downloads

I dont love Valve, its just another corp trying to squeeze that sweet cash out your pockets, but i dont hate them at all, specially since they made Steam the way they did

Now Steam is at heart still drm and therefore bad on principle, but anyone that isnt a retard knew that eventually pc games would fully become digital and someone would have the bigger storefront out of them all, becoming the standard, and out of ALL evils, Valve and Gabe managed to be the least theoretical evil. Imagine if Microsoft had won the race on the gamefront department (remember gfwl)? Imagine if fucking EA had won? Fucking Activision!? Just ook at Epic to see how what could have been, most likely even worse. This is why i dont hate Valve, at least for now.

We all should be aware that once Gabe kicks the boots that Steam will quickly go to shit, possibly draconian tiers of shit, but im glad its lasting as long as it is now.