Remember when Nintendo would put eyes on everything in the Mario universe?

Remember when Nintendo would put eyes on everything in the Mario universe?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 102.44K)

The Mario Mandate made sure that'll never happen again.

brain rot

Yeah, i remember Bowser's Fury, it wasn't that long ago.

Attached: R.jpg (1920x1080, 927.8K)

Now you have the same but the eyes are on a hat named Cappy

Why did they put eyes on EVERYTHING in double dash. The flowers, the trees, the signs, I know mario games had eyes on clouds and hills before but this was excessive.

FPBP

Why did Nintendo scrub the faces out of every re-release? Is it really the mandates?

now only power ups have eyes

Attached: SunflowerkidSMS.png (650x658, 334.11K)

I used to think everything was sentient in Mario. All watching.

Not really.

Attached: R.jpg (1280x720, 52.33K)

Attached: wikipedian_protester.jpg (600x600, 38.1K)

Attached: mario-kart-double-dash-01.big.jpg (980x612, 84.64K)

Well according to the lore of the first super Mario bros, when Koppa kidnapped princess peach he also turned many of the inhabitants of the mushroom kingdom into bricks, pipes, clouds and question mark blocks.

Why haven't anyone made a creepy Mario horror game with this premise? Ever gotten Mario and the Music Box, why not a game centered around everything having eyes?

/thread

that design is from 1990

SOVL

No, this is the 1990 design, Bowser Jr design comes from 2002, the differences are a bit more obvious when you put them side by side.

Attached: 440px-MPS_Bowser_Artwork.png (440x572, 240.59K)

What was the last game to have this effect on background objects? Like everything having eyes?

(:
C:

You can thank this man for that

Attached: tezuka.jpg (391x600, 31.97K)

Everything had eyes only because Bowser had turning the inhabitants of the Mushroom Kingdom into inanimate objects. Once Bowser was defeated it stopped.

Why hasn't Bowser upgraded this thing more to be deadlier? Like adding bullet bills cannons on the side, or giving it more armor? This stupid thing looks very friendly and not intimidating.

i just know this thing as the koopa kart it looks gay

Yes I remember when Nintendo had soul

Well you could technically count the 2015 Super Mario Maker 1 variant as an improvement as it's method of firing is different from the OG og one.

Attached: 500px-SMM3DS_Art_-_Fire_Koopa_Clown_Car.png (500x315, 105.1K)

BASED

Yeah of all things i don't know why they picked a clown car, maybe Nintendo tried to give Bowser an Eggman car thing, personally i prefer the mustang car from 3D world.

Attached: OIP.jpg (474x450, 38.66K)