Does GTA IV still run bad on PC no matter your specs? Is there any fix?

Does GTA IV still run bad on PC no matter your specs? Is there any fix?

Attached: 068E5A21-00C9-49C9-B9BF-0579DF3D262A.jpg (1200x1200, 110.57K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Grand_Theft_Auto_IV#Essential_improvements
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

i never understood this meme, i played it with a pentium 4 and nvidia 9800 back in the day, it works fine, the patches they released fixed everything

the final mission is unplayable unless you fuck with task manager over and over. even then it fucks up sometimes. other than that it's fine.

I forget? Doesn't frame rate make the helicopter qte impossible?

people have debated this forever. it's black magic with your specific machine or version. there was a vulkan thing that worked for me but caused crashes

>9800
That takes me back.

pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Grand_Theft_Auto_IV#Essential_improvements

A bunch of stuff gets fucked up. As soon as you get to the helicopter, half the fucking time you drop into the water, you end up wasted instantly. There isn't a fix for this I'm pretty sure. Then if you survived that you have to get on the boat, and then change some setting in task manager. You have to hope the game doesn't randomly crash alt tabbing. After that you have to go at like 10 frames per second along a glitchy boat chase that is slow and tedious as fuck. Then you have to hope that the jamaican dude doesn't randomly crash his stupid fucking helicopter offscreen, making you need to restart the entire game (because it breaks the checkpoint). Then you need to alt tab again and change the task manager back to normal. If you have somehow got that far you still need to complete the hardest part of the mission which is probably the hardest mission in the game, and if you fuck up you have to literally repeat those steps and chances. It's completely a completely miserable experience and not worth the hassle in my opinion unless for some reason your copy just works. Everything from my pc is from that era, even the CPU (which im pretty sure the issue stems from) so I have no idea why the fuck it happens.

It works completely fine outside of the final mission

It ran fine last I played it with the bugfix mods out the ass but I was never able to get the anti-aliasing working.
honestly not worth it, game was a chore to replay

I remember playing this on a 750ti and an AMD 4100 years ago and it ran okay from what I remember with low settings. I am fairly sure it's just luck as I didn't have any major problems and beat the game completely normally.

It's "playable" but bottlenecked as fuck, you can throw a top-of-the-line gaming PC from 2022 at itand there will still be moments where it dips below 60fps

Use DXVK if you are having problems, that shit work like magic on older games.

false, I watch speedrunners running the game at 300fps to do some tricks.

>Played on a 970
>Heavy issues when trying to start BoGT
>Play it on my 1080ti
>Barely maintains 60fps
>Install it for the first time in years on my steam deck
>Stable 60 fps

Attached: 1643877635111.gif (220x231, 494.9K)

RDR2 is not unoptimized, it’s just a demanding game. They didn’t sacrifice quality to make a homogenized game that people can run on their toasters.

I beat the game and wasn't aware of this fuckery at all. it also ran pretty well except for some microstutters. 3600 and 5700xt here.

>he decided not to kill Dimitri when he had the chance
You deserve to not play the final mission greedy faggot

this just might be the the stupidest thing anyone has ever written here
genuinely impressive
im surprised you haven't killed yourself yet with your hilariously low iq

no, but you should really consider killing yourself
do it for your parents they haven't been happy in decades

That sounds like a problem on your side, you probably have some stupid settings active. I remember one of them had to do with the sky or some shit when I played RDR2 and it just deleted my performance.

3060Ti here @ 1440p w/ DLSS and I’d get about 90 fps but I can go as low as 60 in snowstorms.

What a brainlet post

I have no idea why but it's still unplayable freezing mess on my 16gb of ram and gtx 1060 machine

Oh and I might add that you must be someone who just bought a PC and got the heaviest rig you can find, if you really compared COD FPS to RDR2.

Not even trying to go ad hominem, but really, there isn’t much more to be said if you think that is a valid comparison.

why are y'all so tech illiterate

Attached: 1638140412102.jpg (1920x1080, 369.36K)

hit a little to close i see
keep up the cope and just think about it

DKVK. It's the reason for user's experience below. The translation to Vulkan makes it run way, way better.

the guy is obviously blind and has brain damage
or he's a larping poorfag who can't even run the game

You're both annoying fucking faggots who do nothing but try to bait on anonymous imageboards
you should both kill yourselves

>You're both annoying fucking faggots who do nothing but try to bait on anonymous imageboards
>you should both kill yourselves

Attached: 1654745398189.png (255x236, 11.8K)