Tekken takes 2-3 years of almost daily practice, to reach base fundamental level...

Tekken takes 2-3 years of almost daily practice, to reach base fundamental level, were you wont get cheesed by unknown strings, frametraps, grabs, wakeups, and unblockables.
-Random Korean pro
As a 2-d fightan fag who is relatively high elo in SFV, and decent at Rivals of Aether, I feel like the reason Tekken 7 is so appealing to normies is the volatile nature of the game; anyone can steal games/rounds off of you unless you have 1000s of hours.
As of now I am Rajin and I still get cheesed by unkown tech on a daily basis.
Discuss.

Attached: tekken 7.jpg (616x353, 68.58K)

im not a competitive fag, learning tactics and how to counter them is the fun of games for me, so tekken offers a lot more than the average fighting game

Don't, still playing casual matches and button mashing as Dragunov

just play an MMO

how is aimlessly mashing buttons with no fundamentals fun to you?

Because sometimes I win and Dragunov is pretty cool

win by random cheese.

Yeah pretty epic isn't it?

I'm the same way as you I made no effort to learn the game, only difference is I use auto punish and auto block mid bot hacks

I have 2000 hours in the game and you're not wrong OP but I don't really know if it's a bad thing. It's pretty fun once you've got everything down. You also just get to the point where you don't even have to lab some new situation you see and just figure out the solution mid match

It’s not that bad once you understand the neutral and the movement,

You can visually tell which lows can be launched, which moves can be launched and what can be sidestepped if you pay attention.

Unless you are playing a gay ass dlc character like fahkuram.

Same idea can be shared with TF2, and I think those niche games should foster the idea even harder, it separates the good from the bad in the most glorious way.

I mean as a rajin I disagree

mmos are too boring

I guess I agree, its a legacy game for legacy players.
I just am disgusted with the normies who play it, so they can get easy wins

The game should handle button mashing with buffers if they overlap buttons.

Shit exists in tf2 as well with random crits.

It's not that consistent, especially when it comes to side stepping. Even lows aren't very clear outside of stagger lows like hellsweep.

And it depends on what character you play, like Kaz/Jin can launch lows that a lot of the cast can't while someone like Steve can rarely launch lows unless they're stagger lows.

The homing on moves is again, inconsistent, when you have characters like Paul/Feng who have bad tracking in general and then you have Steve who has godlike tracking on almost everything, it rarely makes sense nor is it easy to tell visually.

The game requires extensive knowledge and labbing if you actually want to be good.

nohting to discuss, it's a piece of shit by design and they should aim to trim down every character's movelist to 60 moves max

But in MMO or other stuff you're not the one who is getting better for the most part. But your character, in tekken the character is always the character, and the improvement is your own.
I'm not the user you were responding to, but the only other games i play are like hollow knight or souls games in which most of the skills are your own improvement and not you avatar becoming stronger and creating an illusion of improvement.

your avatar becoming stronger and creating an illusion of improvement.*

Pretty good hypothesis if one considers how many people are hardstuck with tens of thousands of wins

there is a lot of pleasure in being able to deal with a gimmicky character much easier than 95% of players can

yea I'm the same way.
I just prefer fighting games with low complexity and very high depth
Tekken, at its core is a fun game but the knowledge checks really add nothing to the game, because at high tournament level its all super safe moves and baits

cheese aint fun man

beating cheese is fun

i like to pick yoshimitsu and spam weird moves

The fundamentals are the most important part. That's one reason why I played it a lot. But I don't think you need 1000s of hours to win matches, you're a higher rank than most of the playerbase so maybe you have some different definitions though. But how have you not learned most of the more popular characters and what they do by now?