Any more Dark fantasy games? And why are they so rare? does it really scare people?

Any more Dark fantasy games? And why are they so rare? does it really scare people?

Attached: E5JeJYLXEAgo_dp.jpg (854x624, 147.17K)

there's a JP company called from software that makes dark fantasy games I do believe, but they're ARPGs. they're not quite as graphic as F&H, but they have their moments. One is Victorian Gothic too, and some really strange stuff in it, and the newest has a literal shit man and you kill a tranny

Symphony of the night.

Attached: 1635637697042.gif (832x688, 717.7K)

Dark Souls is soft compared to F&H and even Berserk, but they have the feel I guess, only BloodBorne will I consider a real dark fantasy. it had to be grotesque user.

gorgeous pixel art

I wish the game actually looked like this

Just say grotesque next time, because they're literally all Dark Fantasy by definition. I don't think you understand the genre, user

OP isn't interested on dark fantasy games, user. For the past two weeks he has been making Fear and Hunger threads; this thread is just indirectly trying to start discussion about that game.

Just ignore the thread.

>Dark Fantasy by definition
Yeah I know, you're right, but that would mean a lot of game, and what I want is kinda specific.

>For the past two weeks he has been making Fear and Hunger threads; this thread is just indirectly trying to start discussion about that game.
stop being schizo, and I just finished the game and it's not about it, I want something similar.

Nobody really makes those games because they have limited appeal, few artists interested in creating them, and even fewer developers and publishers interested in financing them.

Castlevania series as a whole

Attached: 2E852B23-07AB-4F62-A7CE-65121C5F7A79.jpg (750x498, 26.97K)

it's sad that no publisher tried to cash on Bloodborne's appeal, did the game really not sell well?

It sold great. 3m first year and millions more over the years. Snoy said they were pleased with the performance too. Many have copied the aesthetic and superficial parts of BB, it's just a vivid HPL fever dream, but all the stuff about fucking aliens, fucking wooden dolls, and drinking hooker blood has gone without duplication. I think those more hardcore concepts are something novelists tend to tackle more since they have more creative control. This sort of stuff wouldn't be uncommon in a dark fantasy book, or even basic normieshit like Stephen King. Even Game if Thrones has some dark and degenerate shit, and adaptions may or may not use that material. It's fitting that Berserk and F&H are mentioned, because these are very small projects with total creative license. To elaborate, look for indie projects similarly themed.

You have to have serious problems to make a game like Fear & Hunger, but you also have to have actual skills to make a game like it. The overlap is small.

>You have to have serious problems to make a game like Fear & Hunger
>t. normalfag
it's just another form of art, nothing wrong with it. it was fairly common in the 18th and 19th centuries. LGBT pride disease is more mentally ill

>Wow dude is that...blood in your game? You have serious problems mister!

Attached: 38f.png (1080x1340, 1.73M)

Dark fantasy is really hard to do without it just being grim high fantasy. It's a particular level of ambience and aesthetic that's hard to achieve for a lot of creators the are used to fleshing out characters and societies within their worlds. Dark fantasy is lonely, and the world is dead and gone, with you sifting through the remains for some kind of meaning, only catching glimmers of beauty from a broken story. It's dirty lightning in a bottle for whoever manages to capture it. Look at early Berserk compared to later Berserk (God bless your soul Miura)

Attached: 134786434689.jpg (640x360, 51.62K)

How fucking rent free can you get

would something like Darkest Dungeon count?

>cant play without Dash
>it seems Olivia is the only speedy character in Termina
Good thing she is cute but I also wanna play O'ssa for the Gro Goroth shuffle truffle dance.

Attached: 1630726040123.png (725x700, 450.1K)

>Darkest Dungeon
>Vermintide 1/2
>[Insert From game here]
>Witcher