Game needs to appeal to China

>Game needs to appeal to China
>Adds a Monkey King character
Why does this always happen? Is there no other Chinese character to be referenced?

Attached: uc6zfgr61rr11.jpg (235x272, 14.61K)

Individual heroism is verboten unless your name is Mao

because the developers are now black zoomers who need something to identify with in other cultures and steal for their own.

just put a guy with long white hair who uses a sword instead

Monkey King is just the easiest and most popular next to Guan Yu so they figured to go the easy route for China cash

Why not? Isn't it the most prevalent mythos in China?

Don't forget Nezha

Dota's Monkey King is pretty based, at least. Monkey King Bar is literally from 2004, so there's history there.

Guan Yu I guess

The only aspects of chinese traditional culture that are allowed to exist and be proud of and are actually interesting are journey to the west and romance of the 3 kingdoms.
Anything too religious, which was a lot of their culture, was scrubbed by the communist government, and China hasn't produced anything new to be proud of since the communist reformation.

Like, what else are you going to use as inspiration? Confucism, Taoism, and Buddhism is too problematic.

>confucism Taoism and Buddhism is too problematic
problematic to who? the chinese gov or the west?

>Faggot probably never even heard of water margin
Fucking casual mutt, I swear

Any depiction of a real world religion too overtly causes problems unless it's Christianity for a western company, mostly from people getting mad that it isn't depicted positively enough. It also defeats the point of trying to appeal to China because China's government is aggressively atheist and they don't want to acknowledge traditional Chinese religions.

Why is Guan Yu the most revered out of rottk

this, dota's take is probably the least offensive plus hes extremely versatile

He was just seen as Lu Bu pt.2 except less mentally handicapped by simp syndrome

>game needs to appeal to china
>No Necromancy!
Who cares about some faggot monkey this is way fucking worse

I always thought that the west was fine with eastern mysticism shit, especially since nu-age shit like buddhism has been essentially sanitized to an American audience and has been since the 70's

People in China are still religious. It just happens that religion in china is wildly different from the ones in the west. They had no problem burning incense for their ancestors, praying to traditional gods, follow fengshui and throwing coins to statue of Jesus.

But Diablo Immortal was made for China and that's got a Necromancer

What's the Opposite of Regicide?

Journey to the West is the easiest pull they can make without any controversy, plus everyone knows it thanks to Dragon Ball starting as parodic take on Journey to the West and know-it-alls cramming that fact down everyone's throats.

in China you don't use skellies you use fully fleshed zombie things.
All the other abilities are just thematic aoes but not to NECROMANCY but to diablo necromancers.
Necromancer =/= scythes, poison, or "blight"

Wolf soldier.

>muh honor

He was a valor-stealing asshole in history, given credit for all kinds of shit that other generals did.

Lu Bu actually won duels corroborated by historical sources

Because Monkey King is the only thing normalfags know about China anyway. Only some Japanese/Korean autists and occasional Sinophiles know about the rest

How is raising zombies not necromancy I know you just wanna point out skeletons but raising zombies is still necromancy

>drunken brigand
No.

He stole Lu Bu's horse. He died standing. So cool.

necromancer? you mean mind controller, righ七?

dont call it Necromancy
it's NecroRomantic

Attached: Necroromantic.jpg (850x825, 95.26K)

Take your pick
>Buddha if you want to count him in the Chinese sphere
>Romance of the Three Kingdoms
>Journey to the West
>Qin Shi Huang

MUH LOYALTY TO MY OATH BRUDDAS

>don't honor the deal with Wu
>get fucked in front and the back
>it's Wu's fault

I don't get why people see Shu in such a positive light when their main heroes are fucking terrible people sans Zhuge Liang.

FOR THE PEOPLE!
TOUCHDOWN LIU BEI!
They just have the message everyone likes, but when you juxtapose it to their actions it's clear Shu was just a bunch of mercenaries who lucked out with an Rice Lord who needed "friends."

Because the guy who wrote the book shilled for them. These are all ancient chink warlords, doing what they do best.

Smite is the only game about gods and goddesses

Attached: CtrlCtrlV.png (750x1000, 1M)

they have like two government approved stories. monkey king and the three kingdoms thing

I hate Asian cultures and can't wait when America and Europe fully hegemonize the entire world.

Attached: 1654907924824.gif (500x500, 1.07M)

That guy was a shitty shill, writing babby football was terrible, I understand the message, but damn turning your heir into a retard was the worse move that even Zhuge Liang can't carry.

Smite has a lot of Chinese gods are those all pulled from journey to the west?

>America and Europe
keep your jew masters and their pets to yourselves

Nezha is actually pretty hard to pull off since any portrayal of him without him being the mother of all assholes before his redemption isn't really him.

Ironic considering almost everything Asian is collectivist.

Into what, a global communist state?

Well, of course there is.
But the other characters don't also appeal to the global market.
Monkey king is basically the best mascot character to do it.
You don't see the other characters in the same novel being referenced much.

All they have is 3 kingdoms and monke, please understand.

He was loyle to his capo

isn't wukong in the game since 2014?