This game being a flop really mindbroke tourists, why didn't they just make a faithful sequel?

This game being a flop really mindbroke tourists, why didn't they just make a faithful sequel?

Attached: tlou 2.jpg (1280x720, 63.62K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SSvuzYVDo8o
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The answer is always Jews user.

Druckmann seized control and made the sequel into what he had intended the first game to be before he was shot down.

10m

Why make a faithful sequel when my Zogite masters demand propaganda for the masses?

So sick of seeing images of it, and hearing about it.Can't wait till this newest slew of gruel washes this shit away into irrelevancy.

Attached: 1649605595182.png (400x400, 7.78K)

The faggots seething over the hate we give this game are huge newfaggots, and i mean months, reminder this was the board that collectively shat on this game and made memes over it for months

youtube.com/watch?v=SSvuzYVDo8o

It wasn't even hate, it was so bad that Any Forums just laughed at it, it's like every day a user would find something so cringeworthy in the story that they just had to meme it

If you were upset by joel dying you're a tourist. Same as if you paid money to play either game.

FPBP

how would you have made a sequel? How would you have written it and made thew characters act? This question goes for everyone reading this. I have no idea what you guys want.

No lie, i knew it would suck and waited until it came on PS Plus, i legitmately started laughing my ass off when Joel died, it seemed so corny, i couldn't understand how it expected me to find it sad. And i cry a lot over pretty much anything, i couldn't even feel emotion this game wanted me to feel, it was cliche predictable schlock

Yeah but the newfag trannyera tourists think it's hate and it's pol invading their board

There is definitely no way you could meaningfully continue Joel and Ellie's story in a way that would not be better told with new characters. An ideal sequel would focus on a new cast with the previous characters getting cameos at most, and focus on expanding the setting.

> They like something I don't therefore they are new.

Faggot get some real friends. Stop thinking that you speak in the name of the board. I know it makes you lonely ass feel like part of a "community" but you're not. I'm 31 and been lurking here for years

> There is definitely no way you could meaningfully continue Joel and Ellie's

Why not?

The second half of the sentence is vital.

>Rape Revenge plot
- Joel and Ellie have a fight
- Ellie leaves and goes on patrol by herself
- Bandits ambush Ellie and rape her
- Ellie leaves Jacksonville and vows revenge on them
- Ellie ends up pregnant halfway through
- Joel takes over as the playable character
- The ending is Ellie raising her child on a farm and teaching the boy how to play guitar while Joel watches like a old grandparent

>Potential Storyline #2
- Joel and Ellie have a fight
- The fireflies look for Joel and find Ellie instead
- They capture her knowing it would get Joel to come after them
- Rest of the game you play as Joel looking for Ellie
- Joel's sanity slowly deteriorates because he blames himself
- By the end of the game Ellie is horribly tortured and Joel is given a choice once again to either save her or kill her

>What Any Forums thought would happen
- Dina goes missing in a snow storm
- By the time Ellie finds Dina, she's being raped and forced to watch
- Dina is killed shortly after the rape and Ellie gets knocked out
- Ellie tells Tommy she's going after them
- Joel catches up to her and tells her she's not going alone
- Plays out mostly the same as the first game

Any of these would subvert expectations and make fans happy

This. It should have been an anthology series.

The question still stands. Joels arc was done, I agree but Ellies absolutely not

Naughty Dog told Druckmann they hated the ending of the first game and wanted a happy conclusion where Joel and Ellie settled down. Druckman had all his plans for the original game's story shot down because other staff thought it was retarded and unrealistic, he weaseled his way up to the top brass and makes that plotline for the sequel.

That's what happened

oh no it only sold 10 million copies. It was supposed to sell 20 million copies!!!

last week

This only sold 4 million copies. It needed 10 million at least.

It sold 4 million with pre order at full price, the rest of the copies were sold when it was heavily discounted and most profits don't go to Sony, they go to other parties so they get the least amount of the cut. It flopped

3 TLOU projects going to come out. sequel out after their next single player project. I think it did fine.

thanks for giving an honest answer. Honestly I didn't like TLOU2's story much, but the gameplay made up for it for me. Lots of fun ways to kill people, infected, and dogs.