Say what you will, but I’m loving this game so far. The world is great to explore...

Say what you will, but I’m loving this game so far. The world is great to explore, combat is engaging and fusion is strategic. One of the best titles on the switch, and that’s saying something.

Attached: 8A68E13C-B617-413C-80BE-1ECBF6D12F89.jpg (1200x800, 69.74K)

The fact that people think this is a good game is pitiful. Easily one of the worst in the franchise and the biggest gaming disappointment in recent memory. For fuck sake they even dropped the ball with the ost.

why?

Same.

Attached: nioh2smtvbloodstained.jpg (2278x1046, 1.73M)

The story is a misdirected mess, with characters almost 1 dimensional and downright comedic towards the end.

The combat is a jumbled amalgamation of past games, adding nothing of value and only taking away from the experience as a whole with dampeners.

The ost, the one thing that no fan should of worried about with a track record as strong as SMT's, was completely forgettable. Most songs fall flat, with the best being decent ambient tracks, and the only great song is reserved for the credits.

The dlc is copy paste content from previous dlcs.

Some areas in the world look nice, specifically Ginza, but most are interactive media graduate projects at best, specifically the few horrid dungeons.

I hate to be a downer but this is literally the biggest disappointment I have ever experienced, it was like an out of body fever dream that left a terrible taste in my mouth. If you are new to SMT just check out the ps2 and ds/3ds games.

It feels like they took all the content that Atlus built up over the years (demons, story tropes, combat, locations) and just threw it to a bunch of talentless college students.

It's a good game, but it's definitely disappointing for fans of the series. It could have been so much more.

Play SMT IV

>The story is a misdirected mess, with characters almost 1 dimensional and downright comedic towards the end.
This didn't happen no matter how many times retards who didn't understand the story try to push it.
>ost was completely forgettable
Then I guess you hated IV's ost too. It's same composer who switched to more guitar heavy tracks and that is the only fucking difference.
>The dlc is copy paste content from previous dlcs.
The shitty way Atlus handles their dlc should not effect the entire game. Atlus has been doing day one DLC and locking story content behind them for many previous games now but V is where you draw the line? If you hate it, complain in the survey about it or better yet, pirate the fucking games if you want to protest their shitty dlc practices.
>specifically the few horrid dungeons
This is a legitimate complaint but the far improved exploration mechanics from IV and IVA make up for it.

>If you are new to SMT just check out the ps2 and ds/3ds games.
How much do I want to bet you're a massive IV faggot?

nta, but if you actually think the story was anything more than bland you are retarded.

It’s one of my favourite games. I’m just saying I like 5 as well.

Only retards would be stupid enough to skip the npc dialog after IV and IVA had a bunch of dialog you had to search for. Being dense or lazy isn't an excuse.

I'm not going to reply to you anymore. You are either baiting or actually retarded.

Oh no, a mold head found my post.

The story is misdirected, not complex or misunderstood. Its derivate at best, and comedically disorientating at worst.

IV's ost had a unique aesthetic and quality tracks that complemented all of the locations to an incredible degree, with one of the best overworld and boss tunes seen in any jrpg.

I never said the dlc ruined the entire game, lousy strawman moldy. It just is indicative of the mindset this game was created with.

I will say that the movement was pretty solid but for a jrpg location design and atmosphere takes precedent in almost every instance.

SMT IV and DevSurv1 are some of the best games in SMT, this isn't even an opinion. IV is pretty much the last traces of Kaneko we have on the series that he fostered to life.

>SMT IV and DevSurv1 are some of the best games in SMT
Called it

Will we ever get another SMT thread without constant people being butthurt over V and overprotective of the IV's?

I've only played Nocturne and IV, but are SMTs usually so blatant with Order this and Chaos that?

Majority of the shitting on V is the story and the people who shit on it have no desire to understand what they saw. Just repeat the same complaints over and over.

People are no where near overprotective of the last 1.5 main line games. The problem is that if you look in from the outside it seems likea bunch of elitist/contrarian gatekeeping but when u see how good the games used to be it sobers you to the unpleasant reality we exist in now

I liked SMTV but it definitely had tons of flaws that should not be ignored. And while IV also had a lot of problems, I'd say it is ultimately a better experience compared to V. Neither of them are as good as Raidou though.

Yes. Every mainline game does this. That's why there are spin offs that don't focus on it.

Attached: 1646823736036.png (684x645, 213.43K)

Some of the complaints are valid about gameplay too and they are frequently mentioned even by fans defending it. Like level scaling ruining the game, the awful dungeons and the pointless over world for example.

>And while IV also had a lot of problems, I'd say it is ultimately a better experience compared to V
I would not say that. They're about equal in my eyes, both just good games and SMT titles.

>People are no where near overprotective of the last 1.5 main line games
They most definitely are, they're very biased and obnoxious. At least, the vocal ones are.