Developer crunch and well-being

Why don't gamers care more about the well being of developers?

We understand they have to deal with crunch, an unforgiving and often not well compensated career landscape, and mountains of abuse from the very people they make their games for. It's even been proven that people work better under less pressure so if we gave them less shit we might get even better games.

Do you really think the developers at places like Blizzard are deserving of all the hatred they get when they're just doing the bidding of their rich overlords?

Attached: poland-lifestyle-games-it-1920x1280.jpg (1920x1280, 476.7K)

Don't care

This, not my problem.

You arent address the point I made where it is explicitly your problem though.

This board cares a lot about the quality of games, right?

People work better under less pressure right?

If you want better games, wouldnt it behoove you to push for more job security, higher pay, and less crunch time for developers?

No video game is worth people suffering through 10 hour days, missing birthday parties, and dealing with lifelong mental stress

Literally not my problem user, games will keep coming, I don't care how many blood, tears and sweat it takes.

You say this and wonder why games are getting worse and worse

>Why don't gamers care more about the well being of developers?
Most gamers aren't employed and thus cannot sympathize with any sort of workplace misconduct.

Whining faggots don't make good games

Attached: 1613115557679.png (891x678, 570.86K)

w-w-what are you doing with all that toilet paper?

I don't wonder shit, there are enough games to last you a lifetime. Most of them are at least decent, and you run out of good games, you can go outside.

I don't care about the well being of people who work at McDonalds or sit in a cubicle all day, why the fuck should I care about game devs? I work a wagie slave job as the Food and Beverage Director for a Hilton hotel, nobody gives a fuck about me either. I also work crunch and crazy shit like 17 hour days sometimes, like I give a fuck someone else has to do it, too. Go get a different job faggot, I have that option too, it's my fault I work here and nobody should feel sorry for me.

This isn't why games are getting worse retard. Game crunch has existed forever, even back when you would say games were at their peak quality. They suck now because of publishers and shareholders, it never had anything to do with developers.

1. they're bad at making games
2. everyone in every other industry has to crunch and they don't whine half as much
inb4 it's too hard to find another job
then your situation not must be as bad as you portray, or you're doomed to be a fat, disgusting, not even cute tranny, born into this world to suffer and die, never taking responsibility for anything in your life and taking any steps to make it better.

Attached: 1643453782552.jpg (750x910, 466.6K)

Except thats not the reason you fucking dipshit, in fact its the inverse. Devs are lazy fucks and don't know how to time manage. Sub par products constantly delivered late

I think we can all agree that video games would be better if all Muslims were killed

*chinks, but I like where your head is

Crunch is just poor project management.

Yeah but no, the diversity hires and other wage slaves would make not make anything good even if they worked less overtime. Them making shitty games has little to do with their working conditions.

>Why don't gamers care more about the well being of developers?
Because I don't give a fuck about how my sausage is made. As long as it isn't poison then I just wanna grill.

>But they mi-
Don't care.

>study for 20 years and go millions into student loan debt
>just to make toys for children
>cry on the internet you get treated like toy factory worker

Dude what’s it like to work so hard for less than 100k

i don't care, i don't know them and i'm sure they would eat me if they could get away with it. at least indie devs make what they believe in even if it's not the safe option so i support them, and it turns out they usually believe in fun video games