Am I playing this game wrong? I feel like I have to have shulk and sharla in the party...

Am I playing this game wrong? I feel like I have to have shulk and sharla in the party, and all of the character tutorials tell me to have reyn tank so I'm not sure how I'm supposed to fit in these other party members. I just got riki and I've just been using the default party the entire game because it feels like no one else fills the same healing or tanking niche sharla and reyn do

Attached: Xenoblade_box_artwork.png (256x362, 213.12K)

Sharla is pretty good for the early/mid-game but eventually your combos with other characters get strong enough that you can rely on riki/shulk or even just shulk for healing

dunban is a better tank than reyn in my opinion because he's an evasion tank
stack some agility gems on him and equip him with light armor and he'll become invincible
riki also has really good healing capabilities, sharla is pretty much the worst party member because her damage is bad, she doesn't excel in chain attacks and her ai constantly overheats

Riki is great actually

Sharla is legit the worst character in the game. Try Shulk, Dunban, and Riki. Dunban is a good evasion tank, and Shulk/Riki shit damage. Shulk is a good character to play as since you can buff the rest of the party to hurt Mechons.

Unless you like using Melia the best party at the moment is Shulk, Dunban and Reyn.

OMG.. she is SOOOOO attractive...

Attached: Attractive 88.jpg (837x1024, 124.87K)

Alright, I've try it out. Maybe it's because I'm underlevelled but I've been taking a shit ton of damage despite having a full time healer so it felt like I just couldn't replace sharla

>play as shulk for the entire last chunk of the game
>get to the final boss
>it's 6 levels over shulk so he can't deal damage and charge monado arts
>have to play as someone else and warn him to use monado armor whenever I'm about to die

Why do you do this

If the enemy tag is red you don’t have a good way to fight them yet. Anything else is fair game and can be defeated with perseverance.

This game sucks. Never listening to Any Forums again. Your taste in games is abhorrent. You're all just otaku losers who have never felt the touch of a woman's skin.

curb your autism, dude

This is a Xenoblade thread, not XB2 you dumb bitch.
Also I have a wife, so trust me I know

Dunban is a great tank just stack agility and light weight gear on him. I’ve been using him, Shulk and Melia which has been working well. Speaking of Melia if you plan on using her then make sure you play as her since the ai is awful.

cope

makesure to fill up the fingerless glove meters
you have to charge party affinity too
jack off your monado every chance you get
press the timed buttons right

Playing as Riki is good fun. You have a ton of different DOTs you can stack on targets, a cone heal, a fire aoe, a backstab. Dude is great

Jacking off whenever you can is not recommended for new players since that can lead to a situation where you can’t react to a vision quickly enough because you coomed too quickly.

he fits on any team even if you're not controlling him directly
he's so based

I wish I could enjoy other Nopons the way I appreciate Riki but I cant

If you’ve gotten Riki, you’re probably at the point where you can just roll out Shulk, Reyn, Dunban as your party and start steamrolling through the weaker stuff with their stun-lock loop.

Maybe, it’s because of the sheer amount of time I spent on X with Tatsu, but I welcomed Tora with open fucking arms. I’ll take the otaku mechanic with some verbal tics over whatever the hell they were attempting in X. Tatsu is like the vidya equivalent to Jar-Jar Binks.

Attached: D48FB16E-8AD2-4DAC-99B1-F04BC8499146.jpg (1024x683, 133.54K)

tora is based because he's the father of pic related

Attached: 1653789035315.jpg (1280x720, 146.17K)

Sharla is a noob trap.
Make Dunban your tank and you'll never need a healer outside of the occasional light heal from Shulk.

Learn gem crafting, put aggro up and agility on Dunban so he becomes speed incarnate.

Attached: EdfrcAEUcAAwcyJ.jpg (1280x720, 253.23K)

You don't even really need aggro up on him, just give him more damage so he can gain aggro naturally