Male video essays vs female video essays

Man makes video essay about a game
>8 hours long
>Goes into studio's history, game's production history, divergence from previous titles
>Analyzes gameplay, plot, character motivations, etc
>Recommends a game - or not - depending on its gameplay and narrative merits

Woman makes video essay about a game
>1 hour long
>Just a summary of the plot
>Interspersed with bitching about how a fetus is not a baby and how game should pick a side in a moral quandary
>Recommends not even looking at the game because it's too immoral

youtube.com/watch?v=2ZhWWcxlJdA

Attached: triggering.png (727x386, 164.64K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=q_BU5hR9gXE
youtube.com/watch?v=p9O7iFKOLBo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>woman:
youtube.com/watch?v=q_BU5hR9gXE

its always the fp that is bp

Both should be shot

HURR DURR VIDEOGAME ESSAY

8 HOURS

EIGHT

KILL YOURSELF I DONT WANT TO WATCH NEITHER KILL YOURSELF NOW

But the video you linked is listed as a review not a critique or a essay so where's your point? Reviews are always worse than essays or critiques?

That's not how you use semicolons, you STUPID WHORE.

>video game review
>it's 1 hour long
>50 minutes of said video is the "reviewer" giving the viewer a beat-by-beat breakdown of the plot
Absolutely grinds my gears.

>only 8 hours long
lmao, what is this babbys first deep dive into a JRPG?
get back to me when you're sittin with the the big dawgs

Attached: fakenet.png (663x409, 159.67K)

youtube.com/watch?v=p9O7iFKOLBo
here is how she looks like under her cute anime avatar. mystery solved next

Based

name a single famous female author who did not write about romance

fpbp

idk harry potter lmao

hunger games bitch probably

Shot in the dark here because I haven't read her other shit, but maybe JK Rowling? There's romance in there, but you could literally say the same thing about any other fiction

>top comment is her apologizing for using the term "stuttering moron" and referring to a dyslexic person as disabled

uh, the most famous contemporary female author out there? are you retarded

Feels good being a fag

What is grooming? Smart people outsmarting stupid people?

Anything over an hour for video games is jerking themselves off, there is not 8 hours of content to talk about

>female talking about anything

Attached: no_thanks.jpg (800x450, 45.76K)

I am talking about literature not fanfiction for children

Anna Komnene

nice defence :DD

Whoever wrote Frankenstein.
>Famous
Huh

kill yourself

So close! Off by 4!

This is 99% of video game reviews on the internet and it's total dogshit. No examining game mechanics, no looking back on developer though processes and wishes. No critiques on the use of TECHNOLOGY to get around limitations or immerse the player. No reflection on the media as a time capsule of it's makers and audience. I'm actually tempted to make my own reviews even if I may tread some common ground with the few good ones out there to at least lend a voice to the genuinely superior method of analysis instead of just trying to cash in on talking about a video game.

>videogame essays
why do redditors love it so much? honest question
it's hard to find anything more pathetic than that, maybe videogame postcasts if they exist

>review about obscure japan only game
>shot on early 00's camera
>in some nerds basement
KINO TIME

Yeah, I actually watched that vid a couple of days ago and she goes very indepth into the plot, breaking it down and talking about where it goes wrong. And considering it's a game that romanticises a relationship between a dude in his 40s and a 16-year-old girl (she's 16 when she dies but it's implied they'd been having sex for a few years), it goes all kinds of wrong, not just in content but in writing. It's just so bad.

8 hour long video essays are fucking retarded anyway, they're all universally mindless rambling about their own personal taste presented as fact or a plot summary down to the most minute insignificant detail. The exception is action button but his videos are padded by his drawn out le ironic twitter humour and they'd probably be 3 hours without it.

Anyway atrocity guide is a good video essayist for a woman but she doesn't focus on videogames.

Robin Hobb
Ursula LeGuin
Octavia Butler
>but they're not famous!
You being an uneducated and unread pleb doesn't mean that they're not famous.

Dude's either taking exception to the idea of a girl having an opinion in his safe space or that it's saying banging underage girls is wrong. Probably both.