Lotta rumors here that Starfield will copy aspects of this game's character system...

Lotta rumors here that Starfield will copy aspects of this game's character system. Is Daggerfall really as great as people say?

Attached: images - 2022-06-10T164554.419.jpg (616x353, 57.32K)

best part about the character system was being able to use special advantages/disadvantages

Attached: 2022_06_08_19_31_11.jpg (1920x1080, 248.38K)

yeah it's pretty good, get those mods with more quests.
also that is the fakest hype rumor I've heard since MGSV

choosing character traits and flaws is such a fun system. it's a shame most games forego the flaws/disadvantages.

It's fun but it's too easy to make your character OP as fuck. Some of the disadvantages look reasonable on paper but in the actual game they don't matter at all.

sure but the concept itself is really neat and should be used in more games

Daggerfall has some of the best character creation systems, because it's essentially D&D character sheet creation. Down to rolling your starter stats with the dice!

Anyone who says Daggerfall is great is an idiot.

> Dice roll
You just end up rerolling until you get the stats you want.
Biggest waste of time from the dark age of gaming.

This. It's retarded. In pen and paper D&D you only get to roll once because game master enforces it, so it makes sense there. In video game you will either reroll until you get maximum, or if the game forces you to only roll once per character creation you will just create new characters until you get highest stats. It's fucking dumb.

I remember the NPCs were racist to my Argonian knight.

What can stop me from playing the first two elder scrolls games?

You have the attention span of a housefly because of the internet and wont get past the character create screen

I mean you can also threaten your gm with a gun if he doesn't give a reroll to you. At end of the day you are always free to cheat.

>Bethesda
>making complex character creation ever again
lol, lmao even
enjoy your +10% passive skilltree

i fixed my attention span the last couple of months, what other filters are there inside these two games?

its also really conducive to roleplaying. if you choose a mage for instance, it makes sense they just straight up cant use certain kinds of armor

Yes it's debatably the greatest game ever made and is in terms of scale and content. One playthrough could last a lifetime.

is it really that big of a deal? its just rolling for attribute allocation. its not like you're rolling for absolutely everything. it only takes a few seconds to get the roll you want and you proceed

It's not a big deal but it's a pointless waste of time that could be designed in a much better and player friendly way. Porting pen and paper rules to video game 1:1 is just stupid because they are completely different mediums.

i like the game, but i think it could be a lot better. i find the dungeons disappointing. they are often too large and confusing and if you dont have the right magic it might be impossible to proceed. if the game had better dungeons it might be the best game ever.