Everyone says it's going to be bad

>Everyone says it's going to be bad
>IGN actually defends it and says it's pretty fuckin sweet
>They urge people to give it a chance
>video gets bombarded with dislikes
>Sonic Frontiers discussion abruptly ceases entirely

I like how people only care about Sonic to talk about how much they hate it

Attached: maxresdefault (5).jpg (1280x720, 105.04K)

The Sonic Cycleâ„¢

>the shill games journalist says it's good

Attached: meteor.jpg (1280x720, 65.42K)

>any other game gets good reviews
>LOL SUCK IT FAGGOT, IT'S BETTER THAN [competitor]
>Sonic game gets good reception
>REEEEEEEEEEE PAID REVIEW PAID REVIEW PAID REVIEW

Attached: dontcaretocrop.jpg (1136x640, 97.85K)

Frontiers is mindbreaking the internet like my hentai doujins and it's fascinating to watch

>IGN
Yeah. Trust the people that are literally known for saying "Sonic was never good"

>Trust the people that are literally known for saying "Sonic was never good"
Yes? Why else would Sega choose IGN of all publications? They're being a bunch of smarmy fucks, they know what they're doing

>finished game gets good reviews
>unfinished game gets good reception
Holy fuck you massive dumbass

it's okay user I don't comprehend subtext either

>>any other game gets good reviews
>>LOL SUCK IT FAGGOT, IT'S BETTER THAN [competitor]
making up more scenarios in your head, user?

>Sega chose IGN to host the first footage. Thus boosting their views and subscriber count.
>IGN decides to shit all over the game anyways.
Would be hilarious. They're definitely paid to not say many bad things about it.

oh no no no

Attached: sonic frontiers pmw3.webm (590x508, 485.99K)

It makes me kind of sad that someone who actually had hands-on with the game and even noted some of the build's flaws will just have his opinion written off because everyone is desperate for another dumpster fire.

>people paid to promote product defend product
holy shit no way

sega has been obsessed with metacritic scores ever since unleashed. they even delisted certain games a while back specifically because they had low review scores.
sega also went out of their way to repeatedly boast about how they expected to get really good review scores for frontiers, hint hint nudge nudge.
now all of a sudden we have ign shilling this terrible looking game and thegamer.com blaming sonic fans for being unreasonable and "not knowing what they want" because we didn't clap like trained seals at the words "open world" like most fanbases do.
it seems blatantly obvious to me that sega paid the reviewers just in case the open-world bonus wasn't going to be enough to polish this turd on its own.

Attached: segabegging.png (1322x1130, 463.85K)

I don't want another dumpster fire from Sonic Team. But it seems like it might be the case based on the footage we've been given. First impressions mean a lot and the game looks mediocre at best.

It's kind of neat looking but there's worries on my end and I've been burnt out on sonic too many times before.

EVERYONE HAS. So excuse the masses for being pessimistic about this.

This.

Sonic forces controlled like shit and ran poorly. Why should I think Sonic Team capable of making an open world game that even functions, much less is actually fun?

>nooooo why won't you shill this game like IGN did bawwwww
IGN is a shithole, anything they say is worthless. when staff pay starts at 20 bucks an article you are not getting accurate, thought out opinions

I won't deny that SEGA did a horrid job with how they debuted the initial footage but I do think part of the problem was that it all lacked context. The IGN impressions actually cleared some of that up and made the game sound much better than what they showed off. I dunno, I just don't want to go through several months of mass skepticism just because SEGA's marketers are brain dead, y'know?

I want sonic to be good but they keep letting us down as of late