Devil May Run Up On a Nigga

I have never played a DmC game. Is this the best place to start? Or should I jump to 4? To 5?

I only ask because I seem to remember seeing a lot of anons shitting on the early games over the years and praising 4. I could be wrong though.

Attached: XbWAdmgH733ubAtOtlzedbqi1E7DgFZZ.png (1024x1024, 275.3K)

You could jump to any game in the series, but 1 is a nice starting point. Combos are less complex and it still holds up well to this day. I actually recommend playing 2 as well just to see how far they came back from oblivion with DMC3

Just play it in release order and skip 2. Don't listen to the contrarians and baiters. Just play DMC 1, 3, 4, and then 5 and don't look back. Those 4 games are great

Could never see myself doing such a thing.

Attached: 61zeBRegAKL._AC_SX679_.jpg (679x679, 43.68K)

Start with DMC1, which just so happens to be the best one.

Yeah the collection is fine on either console or PC really. Its got the original DMC3, not the Switch version which gives you style switching and imo that's cheap. DMC3 wasn't built with style switching in mind. As for DMC2 . .give it an hour tops to see what everyone is talking about and don't waste any more time with it.

Attached: 1629035054230.jpg (512x512, 36.49K)

1, 3, 4, then 5
ignore the rest unless you just really want to play more.

started with one, then played 3.
I do believe that the story of 1 is enhanced if you play 3 first.

Buy the collection and start with 3 - > play 1 - > skip 2 and 4 - > play 5

Trust me, also install ddmk mod for the collection so you can styleswitch on the fly

Attached: 31692.jpg (1026x1247, 321.71K)

Style switching in the switch version of DMC3 is optional

just play 3 then 5 and then play other action games. Do not listen to people who tell you to play 1, it's outdated garbage

>outdated garbage
Filtered.

Attached: kamiyaes.jpg (400x505, 170.46K)

I actually like starting with 4 because being introduced to Dante from an outsider's perspective of how fucking nuts he is is fucking cool. Aside from that though just play in release order, skipping 2 because it sucks.

>skip 4
Nno

its not even hard

1, 3, 4 (can be skipped if you really want) and then 5
I highly recommend playing 1 first, it's a good game in its own right and will make 3 even more kino to experience

Attached: 1654695028202.gif (340x452, 1.76M)

Yeah, the HD Collection is a fine way to play the originals. Play 1, then play 2 just enough to understand why it was such a devastating blow that Hideaki Itsuno felt he needed to make 3 a magnum opus of the time so he wouldn't be remembered as the "DMC2 Guy"
After you drop 2, you can play the rest of the numbered titles just fine. Maybe pirate DmC and play it as a goof.

Attached: dmc2.png (326x621, 182.3K)

Did you start with 4 or are you just saying you wish you did? I like the idea of that desu.

I just played 1 through 4. I don't really get why people trash talk 2 so much. It may not be as good as the others in the series, but I didn't really find it offensive by any means. Also, there's a lot of retards hating on 4 now for some reason, but it's really good. The combat is smooth and the visual effects look awesome, and so does the aesthetic in general.
tl;dr: they're all good games (haven't played 5 or DmC yet)

This. I will admit in comparison to the others 2 was bad, but I actually enjoyed a few parts of 2. Leveling up your weapons and the souls you acquire throughout the game granting you unique abilities was neat. Plus I like the wall running gun action.

>Leveling up your weapons
You mean just increasing the damage output and literally nothing else compared to every other game in the series?

Attached: 1581800374559.png (219x285, 103.23K)

bosses in dmd are a bit hard

the wall running was pretty badass, but I never got any use out of it when playing

as someone who got into the series like last week, yeah, start with 1, it's still great
feel free to skip 2. i played it out of curiosity but there's really not much to it, it's just bad