BOTW 2

After Elden Ring this shit is going to be garbage isn't it?

Attached: 9d57782d20a1d9fe61b91de4da986874.png (667x350, 504.98K)

It needs some kind of multiplayer

the combat alone makes botw shit tier and the sequel will not improve on it.

Once this game flops Zelda can finally evolve and move on from the open world maymay.

Maybe the game after this one will have actual dungeons again. One can only hope.

Nintendo has never made a bad Zelda game. At the absolutely worst they're hit and miss (skyward sword) or a bit unpolished (windwaker). Also, when Nintendo delays games, they always turn out great. Because unlike other companies who delay them because they fucked up, Nintendo delays games solely to add more content and polish it.

The combat in BotW is fine. Not amazing, but fine. People don't think so because they don't realize you can parry, which is the part of combat that takes skill. You can parry pretty much any attack in the entire game, so if you get good at parrying there is a large skill cap.

>Also, when Nintendo delays games, they always turn out great.
Animal Crossing New Horizons was delayed, then still needed a few more updates after launch to be finished.

trolling is against the rules

it won't have a completely empty world so it'll be way better

Elden Ring will have nothing to do with it if it's shit.

>Animal Crossing New Horizons was delayed, then still needed a few more updates after launch to be finished.
It was none the less a great game. You may not consider it great because it did not target your demographic, but 10s of millions of people thoroughly enjoyed it for hundreds of hours. It will definitely be one of the most culturally influential games of this generation.

>elden ring comes out
>delayed
>genshin 3.0 trailer tonight
>delayed again

They really were just going to offer up the same overworld with a few rocks in the sky, huh.

It's much more likely that the game was delayed to fill a hole in the schedule, given they haven't announced anything else for next year yet and they have a Pokemon game for the holidays already. It was speculated for a while that it would be delayed just because this year's schedule was too stacked. It's possible they never even planned to release it this year and just lied so that people wouldn't get angry about it. The idea that they delayed it to change the game is nonsense, because 6 months of extra dev time is not enough to do that.

Garbage? No. But if it's more of the same without breaking from the formula, it's going to be viewed as a disappointment even if it's objectively better than the first game. The first game was groundbreaking to a lot of people, if the sequel doesn't really mix things up then it's hard to see it having anywhere close to the same impact.

Saying that the timing is generous would be an understatement.

>Saying that the timing is generous would be an understatement.
The timing is very generous on the flurry rush, but parrying consistently takes skill. It's very satisfying to fight a high level guardian or a centaur with aggressive parrying. It's also very important for the master trials.

The thing about BotW is that because of the nature of its design, it lets you cheese all the challenging combat if you want to, so a lot of people never actually bother learning how to parry. Instead they just charge up urbosa's fury and show up with 50 bomb arrows.

They will eventually go back to normal dungeons.

I found the timing to be very forgiving, but to be fair i only really did it for the laser attacks and Calamity Ganon and those telegraphs are absurdly long so I could be wrong since I only parried very easy stuff.

>if the sequel doesn't really mix things up then it's hard to see it having anywhere close to the same impact.
It doesn't have to have the same impact, because it's a direct sequel. Even using Zelda games as the example, Majora's Mask had nowhere near the impact of Ocarina of time. It reused a ton of content, game design, graphical elements, etc. But people didn't care because as a direct sequel to Ocarina of Time on the same console it made sense to reuse those elements. As long as the game is enjoyable, people wont care. I mean, normal people. You will care, but you would have hated it no matter what.

We will play as zelda, Im calling it.

Elden Ring is just open world Souls. This doesn't need Elden Ring to be garbage.

Botw is a climbing simulator, which is fine. I enjoyed it, but all it is is a stamina gauge watching climbing similator. Once you cheese it with stamina food the game is a joke, and we already figured this out, so a sequel will have to reinvent the wheel to strike the same magic

As long as BotW 2 has dungeons it will be hailed as the greatest game ever by mere comparison. Nintendo has set themselves up with a layup here. They really cant fuck it up.

They said you swap btween in some dungeons but the overworld she will be used to do special abilities like a companion. One spell they mentioned was weather control

Anyone who isn't expecting this to me amazing is retarded. This game will have taken 6 years to make. After already having the BotW engine and assets, 6 YEARS to make, in collaboration between two of the greatest developers on earth (Nintendo EPD and Monolithsoft). No it didn't take 6 years to make an asset flip.

>After Elden Ring
You mean the open world game with shit enemy AI, no environmental interactivity and almost no movement options? BotW and ER have nothing in common outside of being open world games.

This, Elden Ring has a shit en world and BotW had a shit open world, both games were helped by their gameplay options allowing for tackling similar experiences differently. Elden Ring suffers from all the standard Souls issues though.

The chances of the game being garbage are zero. It may not appeal to you personally, but the game does what it sets up to do very well. Even if the sequel is somehow worse than the original, at worst it will be mediocre, though I can't imagine this would be the case.

I have no idea why this board hates BotW so much.

>bit unpolished
>windwaker
>only a bit unpolished
Wwfags really believe this. Game was outright fucking unfinished with most of its content being copy paste

I think I only used a stamina cheese once in BotW, but only because it was raining in the jungle and I couldn't be bothered to wait for a clearing any more. I focused my playthrough in having as little menuing as possible and I had a really swell time.

The gap between MM and OoT was a single year and there was nothing else like it in that time frame and on top of that, MM did vary the formula enough that it felt very different compared to OoT and lots of fans prefer MM to OoT as a result.

With BotW to BotW2, we're looking at 6 years and lots of other games to directly compare the sequel to. The situation is completely different, in the past 6 years we're been drowning in an endless sea of open world games. Many that took heavy inspiration from BotW and others that straight up copied it. Normal people are going to compare it to all the other other world games they've played in the past 6 years, which is why it needs to set itself apart from the crowd again. If BotW2 differentiates itself enough like MM did, that would be exactly what I'm talking about and would be a great thing.

>The situation is completely different, in the past 6 years we're been drowning in an endless sea of open world games
Name a single open world game that's come out in that timeframe that even approaches the level of complexity with the physics and chemistry engine that BotW has. That's the point of the game, so trying to handwave it as not a big deal is a retarded non-argument.