Why is Celeste so popular?

Why is Celeste so popular?

Attached: Celeste_qSM5XOQo9x.png (2560x1440, 1.4M)

because it's a good platformer with tight controls and some depth in the way the mechanics interact.

>good platformer
>tight controls
>depth
loooooooooool

Trans metaphor

what a compelling argument

because its a ripoff of IWBTG, but PC friendly with tumblr art

The platforming is really tight and responsive, and the game is 10x better if you skip every cutscene

i'd rather have an action-adventure platformer game within a real coherent world like Ori than a game where every level is a place completely filled with spikes and nosensical platforms that conveniently set out a tricky path

Attached: btfo webm.webm (1280x720, 2.12M)

Good platformer. Has a solid difficulty curve, most level gimmicks are pretty fun and don't detract from the core gameplay, and it has a good OST.

As someone from the trans community, I really enjoyed playing the game!

Because it has a "muh depression" story that the jounos love to shill. It's just decent platformer outside of that.

You're insulting that game by posting it in this thread

Haha vent from amoung us

It's fun

Personally, I found the platforming to be fine, but felt it was mostly a vehicle for the (fantastic) narrative. The real draw is the way it handles some of the fundamental themes regarding the protagonist's battle with her gen- ACK

It isn't. It's acclaimed by some and its overall review scores can be boiled down to "10/10 the game because people might get mad if I criticize its flaws even with no hate intended" and to this day has people that frequently finds ways to bring the game up that never lead to a real discussion of it. The threads tend to either die in 20-50 posts or catch fire with arguments surrounding gender identity/sexuality and depending on which side gets stomped by general ratio between shitposts, the thread either wastes space for hours and reaches post limit or gets deleted and sometimes gets remade shortly thereafter to try again.

It's not really popular anymore, but you already know that. It'll probably not even be widely well remembered in ten years. Will you still keep making these threads?

Attached: 1487968219034.png (900x900, 582.02K)

youre telling me ori is too good to be posted ITT?

It's a pretty good platformer.

All I know about it is that it's one of those shitty indie platformers with instakill spikes everywhere

As someone from the black community, this game was pretty mid my nigger!

yeah i personally had a good time with it, but the story about anxiety and whatever i just couldn't take seriously because of the trope of indie games being an allegory for some sort of mental illness

has a tranny protagonist.

Attached: 1654736508125.jpg (930x960, 409.75K)

Obviously, it's like comparing gold to plastic, but it also has nothing to do with this. Maybe you should have posted super meet boy or something similar.

iirc she was only made a tranny after the fact

Yeah that part was gay as fuck

cope, the queer coding was obvious from the start

fpbp
Celeste is a really fun game