Why does it feel so soulless now?

Why does it feel so soulless now?

Attached: PxNRcuvzBLS9GqmoTGosTk-1200-80.jpg (1200x675, 152.81K)

cube world looking good. Wolfram back in action?

is that ps1 snake in a boat on the right holy shit

because the original creator didn't just lose touch, sell it, but he (and the community he was part of) were forcibly removed from the game as time went on
reminder

Attached: woo v.png (1920x1018, 1.06M)

at the start it was survival. now it's just themepark "rpg" with too much useless bloat.

Because the game really never evolved and became a polished or hell create a new game with updated graphics and animations enderdragon should have been the end and they should have started concepting a new game while still supporting the original

microsoft

Yeah, maybe this is it. I've noticed they've been fucking with the survival aspect of the game for years now and making it easier and dumber

endgame in minecraft can be achieved easily in 1 week of gameplay (playing normally)

It's been pretty thoroughly corporatized. The minecraft team seems to be paid to do nothing but jerk off, considering how the brand itself is more valuable than the actual game is. Hasn't everyone fucking bought a copy by now? Monthly sales can't be that high.
According to the grapevine, Microsoft makes most of their money from the minecraft brand from a no-shit region locked Chinese mobage gacha, so they have zero incentive or need to fund further development of the base game.
also you grew up.

remove beds and the game is perfect. Dont @ me

remove women

honestly, this is probably the autist in me talking, but I'd love to see an update that wasn't about adding more creatures, or biomes, or any of that shit. I want the "Comfy Update", where they add in real, craftable furniture. More building blocks, like glass slabs, or a thinner wall we can place instead of just stone/wood fencing. I'd kill for a layering system, to apply one blocks texture onto the side of another, so I could make a slab table, with wood on top that isn't pressure plates, so I can still set the cake and pots on it.

I've done enough exploring, and I feel like I've exhausted what I can do with the tools they already gave us. Now I just want to build comfy bases and homes, maybe create my own little village hub

counter idea, we can place cakes on pressure plates to semiperma hold them down

Growing up is probably part of it but I still think the old versions were way better than the crap they have now. I remember when new updates would come out every month and they would add a bunch of cool shit like pistons and maps, now updates come out twice a year and add a bunch of useless junk, it makes no sense

acceptable.

Jeb refuses to add furniture ever. No joke, it's on his list of "forbidden items." He won't add anything that players could replicate in the game already

Every update from the hunger system onward has only served to make the game worse.

Its a game for babbies, what do you expect?

i can live without the furniture. but why the fuck haven't we gotten glass slabs, or stairs yet? or more things to turn the useless rocks into? they put in those special crafting tables you can find in villages, why not use them for "variants", like other designs for chests, or the crafting table itself?
no furniture is such a copout, man.

I mean it was always an "all-ages" game but now they've basically designated it for kids and decided that's the only demographic they care about and adult players can go fuck themselves, it's really lame

Theoretically if jeb were to retire or step down or die, would the succesor follow his retarded rules?

there wouldn't be any reason to, unless the higher ups at MS outright said no changing the guidelines or "vision" for the game.

They already shit all over notch's original vision