The worst armor system of any rpg ever bar none

the worst armor system of any rpg ever bar none

Attached: capsule_616x353.jpg (616x353, 280.94K)

>Lariam gaym
no shit

I just found myself completely ignoring anything that attacked magic armor and going for rushing down physical armor then just rotating knockdown skills so they never got a turn.

What's so bad about it as someone who is unfamiliar?

enemies have magic armor, and physical armor, so basically you go all-in on one damage type for every single party or you're fucking yourself over massively

pls tell me broken build so i can abuse it on my tablet while car ride to vegas pls

for me, it's anything where you have multiple lvl 10 summoners with boosted incarnate champions. the other two summon bone widows which boost off corpses so it essentially doubles your party size

elf necromancer with elemental affinity

Armor/Magic Resistance system favors focusing on just one. But people exaggerate it greatly. There's also a mod in the Steam Workshop that solves this so it's whatever anyways.

>just play a majik class bro
every larian game has the same problem
playing as pure non majik character is very annoying and difficult
for example in most games playing as a melee warrior is one of the basic classes and you expect it to be ok
in DOSII you get mogged by majik n*ggers at every turn

two melee members one fighter and one knight get 4 knockdown skills combined. that's 4 turns where they are stun locked essentially. 6 if you run a cleric with some warfare and infinite more if you run an archer with knockdown arrows. and by then your first skills have reset and you do it all over again if they are still alive.

really? In my experience pure physical damage is way better. You have a fuckzillion teleports in this game and thousands of knockdowns, so you can shut down mages pretty fast.

It has flaws, sure, but I don't know if I would call it the "worst". I appreciate they were trying something new, making it so that status effects aren't this RNG dice roll bull crap. Perhaps with some refinement, the system could be perfected and something special.

I have more issue with the story frankly. It's garbage. I won't give any real spoilers, but for example, early in the game your party members make out like these necromancers are the worst people ever (even while using necromancy too) whilst at the same time making this other character Gratiana out to be some reformed saint. Let's not forget the fact she was the most evil, did the worst crimes, and was even in the middle of committing more mass murder until...she found a Goddess statue and tried to repent. Absolutely retarded and you could just tell the developers were pushing some feminist garbage trying to make out like it was all the mans fault for her being evil. I absorbed that bitches soul faster than you could blink.

Attached: 1526949621184.jpg (699x485, 68.45K)

Its an inherent problem with magic

magic is literally the power to ignore all the laws of the universe and do things that lack proper cause -> effect relationships. It's like hacking the matrix. You bend reality to do whatever you want

how the fuck is a dude with a sword supposed to compete against a dude who literally bends reality to his will?

The entire premise is retarded because magic has no constraints and ignores reality, you can then only fight magic with more magic, which is the cope fighters et al in these games do - they become "magic" fighters who likewise ignore the rules of reality

and then you've basically got a dragonball z story arc with progressively more powerful magic fighting even more powerful magic

the preceding game had a worse armor system because it had durability that was just busy work for no reason.

I never have had a problem with a single mage in the entire game so this is surprising to me to hear people say they are so hard. I am happy when I see them because they are so squishy for my two-handers.

whats the mod? might actually finish this slog if it really fixes it

seconding this what fucking mod?

>oh cool finally a better chest piece of my warrior
>+25 DEX LOL

>do a full playthrough on tactician
>2 magic dealers and 2 physiical not using lone wolf
>still beat the game no problem
Acquire some fucking skill instead of complainaing about shit that you can basically ignore until the final chapter of the game were it sort of matters.

>+3 warfare piece of loot
>requires 13 INT

Attached: Confused Anime Girl.png (1300x1400, 555.25K)

>hey look i beat it playing retarded that invalidates all criticism forever because i'm autistic

you are so fucking bad at the game if the armor system gave you any trouble, what the fuck were you doing that you got stonewalled by an enemy with huge amounts of one armor type? There's so many sidequests that let you grind up levels. There's so many consumables and single use magic scrolls you can buy to compensate for any lacking elemental coverage or to boost your physical/magic damage. Did you only do main questline stuff without ever exploring or using shops? apply yourself my man

Attached: 1524711884121.jpg (3000x3000, 1.51M)

>you are so fucking bad at the game if the armor system gave you any trouble, what the fuck were you doing that you got stonewalled by an enemy with huge amounts of one armor type? There's so many sidequests that let you grind up levels. There's so many consumables and single use magic scrolls you can buy to compensate for any lacking elemental coverage or to boost your physical/magic damage. Did you only do main questline stuff without ever exploring or using shops? apply yourself my man
no one's reading your autistic ramblings user

Attached: 5699881312153.jpg (870x1166, 237.35K)

The game is good but completely ruined by that. It forces you to NOT diversify the party, when it should do the opposite.

Yeah, that type of randomized loot is even worse than the armor system

cope, aquire skill

>cope, aquire skill

Attached: 461352156544533513153423215.jpg (870x1198, 245.34K)

>go all in physical
>run into an enemy that has 10000 physical armor and 100 magic armor

>>go all in physical
>>run into an enemy that has 10000 physical armor and 100 magic armor

Attached: 97664983543544.jpg (900x1200, 206.6K)

Enjoy your dead thread, op.

>you can then only fight magic with more magic, which is the cope fighters et al in these games do - they become "magic" fighters who likewise ignore the rules of reality
just put an arrow between the fuckers eyes.
Same concept as normal ass D&D. You don't ignore the mage, and just fucking shoot their wet noddle of a body with a poison-tipped barb of fuck off from 30 miles away

I did not read this post.